Anyone else doing Stobtober?

LittleKitten

Hi guys,

I'm doing Stobtober! Day two and so far so good. I'm a bit nervous because I've also just started back on the Slimming World (probably bad move trying to do both at once but I am determined on both fronts!).

Just wondered if anyone else was doing it and if so how you felt? My plan is to go for a run if I feel like smoking - if I ever do go for a run I don't want to smoke for the rest of the evening. Hopefully it'll help me stop and get me fit and get me going on my body magic all at the same time!

(am I being a bit too optimistic here? :p)

well done!! :)

I have a vested interest here as I work for the Dept of Health tobacco team so am involved in this initiative. Its great that you are giving it a try and after a few days you will start to feel the benefits....including getting your sense of taste back after a week or so to enjoy your yummy SW food!

Make sure you pick up a support pack and get the app (if you have an android phone) - will be interested to hear how you are getting on so I am subbing here!

Good luck!

well done!! :)

I have a vested interest here as I work for the Dept of Health tobacco team so am involved in this initiative. Its great that you are giving it a try and after a few days you will start to feel the benefits....including getting your sense of taste back after a week or so to enjoy your yummy SW food!

Make sure you pick up a support pack and get the app (if you have an android phone) - will be interested to hear how you are getting on so I am subbing here!

Good luck!

Thanks Sparty! I have the support pack and the app on my phone.

I've given up for a week before many times here and there but I never seem to have been able to make it last more than a week or two before. I think the Stoptober thing is great because lots of people are doing it so there's lots of support around plus it's a chunk of time that means if you can manage it you really do stand a chance of keeping it up.

I'm really keen to actually make it work this time, I have had some really sad news about a family member recently which has really made the importance of giving up hit home.

i used to smoke too and know its not easy - but you can only try. are you doing it on will power alone? Or are you getting some nictotine replacement products like patches?!

it may be hard to quit while starting a diet but i find that when i am first 'in the zone' on SW, i used all of my spare time looking at recipes and reading threads on here - i dont even have time to think about other things. So you may find it a blessing in disguise....it might also help combat the possiblity of any weight gain if you are following the plan! :)

i used to smoke too and know its not easy - but you can only try. are you doing it on will power alone? Or are you getting some nictotine replacement products like patches?!

it may be hard to quit while starting a diet but i find that when i am first 'in the zone' on SW, i used all of my spare time looking at recipes and reading threads on here - i dont even have time to think about other things. So you may find it a blessing in disguise....it might also help combat the possiblity of any weight gain if you are following the plan! :)

Yeah I'm feeling "in the zone" so I think it is a blessing doing both together.

Not using any NRT, I find the thought of it quite contradictory. Especially since it only takes a few days to leave the system. I have tried it in the past and it made me feel funny so I'm on the will power!

Well if you do waver at all, don't forget that NRT is much better than having a fag lol.

Just stay positive - you can do it hun :)

I'm on day 8 and still going strong :)

I haven't been as good on my diet as I could have been but have compensated by going to the gym if I have been naughty (i.e. had a Chinese on Friday did an hour in the gym Saturday) and have stayed the same this week which I'm pleased about. I figure I shouldn't give myself too much of a hard time if I'm a bit naughty as I'm doing so well on the not smoking (which is hard) and you can't do everything!

Fantastic news! Well done :)

It's natural to get food cravings when you quit so try having lots of sweet fruits in like berries to limit your diet damage. You could also have meringue nests and yoghurts with the fruit as they are really sweet and only 3 syns. (Although I agree you shouldn't be too hard on yourself if you stray a little. Especially as you are going to the gym!)

How are you finding the gym? Is it any easier?!

Fantastic news! Well done :)

It's natural to get food cravings when you quit so try having lots of sweet fruits in like berries to limit your diet damage. You could also have meringue nests and yoghurts with the fruit as they are really sweet and only 3 syns. (Although I agree you shouldn't be too hard on yourself if you stray a little. Especially as you are going to the gym!)

How are you finding the gym? Is it any easier?!

Thanks hun!

Yeah the gym is much easier. My skin looks so much better too. Not only that but I generally just feel more positive about things, it's all good :)

Hi I'm doing stoptober too :) same as you I've gone cold turkey! Had a night out in Sunday and had a few but apart from that I've been ok! 10 days wooo. The was a stoptober booth type thing in tesco today I went to have a little look also got my carbon monoxide levels tested and they are the same as a non smoker :) which is a good reason to carry on! Good luck xx

Back