Anyone else doing SW and breastfeeding?

SpaceAngel

I ate my willpower!
If so, what are your losses like? Mine have been great, but I STS last week. I thought that with BF'ing, I would have a little bit more leway, if that makes sense?

Hi space angel. I'm doing sw and ebf. Only just started back last Thursday so will let you know about my loss. ( positive thinking eh!) lol
I lost 1 1/2 stone before I got pregnant and normally did green days. Now I'm doing ee.
Feel I've had a great first week but I'm struggling to eat my additional he. I don't think I've eaten my full quota once.
Not sure if this will make a difference.

I too was shocked when my baby weight just didn't fall off because of breast feeding. But maybe all the crisps and chocolate didn't help.
Anyway , I'll keep you posted on weight loss and good luck.

Hey, I started slimming world last time and was breastfeeding then, I actually had to stop the plan though as all of the fruit and veg was bunging my poor little man up, he would have to be the exception to the rule!!! Saying that my losses were really good at the time, was just gutted that purely breastfeeding did nothing for my weightloss, after 6 months I was probably heavier than when I started!!! Mind you the takeaways and galaxy (strictly for calcium!) probably didn't help either!
Good luck x

I breast fed and did slimming world when i had my last baby. To be honest although the breast feeding does help with weight loss and you have a bit more leeway in what you eat - your body still reacts the same way to losing weight. It still has to adjust, your weight will still fluctuate due to water retention etc & when losing weight quickly your body one week may hold onto more water to compensate.
PLEASE don't get down about it. If you're following the plan then you WILL be losing fat even if it doesn't show on the scales now, it will eventually.
Try keeping a record of your measurements. Then on weeks when the scales don't budge you'll probably still be seeing inch loss.
*hugs* xx

Hi there! I have been brestfeeding and following the plan since my 15 week old was 2 weeks. So I have been doing it for 13 weeks and I have lost 13.5lbs so far. So that averages about a lb a week, which seems ok, but some weeks I have only lost half, I have stayed the same some weeks, I gained 2.5 lbs one week, another week I lost 5.5 lbs and another I lost 4lb! So it has been a bit all over the place. Don't forget that although we are using lots of extra calories feeding baby, we still have lots of hormones in our system and or bodies are naturally trying to cling on to some reserves to make sure we have enough energy to feed baby. For some, the weight falls off when bfing, but for others they can't really lose all the weight until they stop. Of course that doesn't mean we shouldn't bf, or that we shouldn't keep trying to gently shift the weight, but just that we shouldn't expect miracles! After all, it took us 9 months to put all that weight on! :)

I'm just going to stick at it. Slimming World is a really healthy way of eating. There may be faster more extreme ways to lose the weight, but I want to make sure my lo has all she needs and that I have enough energy to look after her!

Keep plugging away! It sounds like you are doing pretty well?

breastfeeding doesnt always help you loose weight, I have breastfed 3 babys and with none of them did breast feeding help me loose, even with one where i had to cut dairy, soy and eggs out nothing lol

breastfeeding doesnt always help you loose weight, I have breastfed 3 babys and with none of them did breast feeding help me loose, even with one where i had to cut dairy, soy and eggs out nothing lol

That was my story too. I breastfed both my children for 7 months and it did nothing to help me lose weight, I was also unlucky as it didn't stop my periods either!
However it was the best time with my babies and If it had made me put on weight I would still have done it!

You still had periods? Man that sucks! One of the best things about being pg and bfing is that they stay away with all their crampy horribleness! And I didn't even have to go through labour either as my lo was breech and I had a CS! :)

Like others have said, breastfeeding doesnt really help you lose weight, however it will help your uterus contract back to it's pre pregnancy shape and of course it is the best thing ever for your baby.

Eating healthy is what will help you to lose weight, whether you are breastfeeding or not.

are you eating extra syns for breastfeeding btw? if not it could be the cause of sts even on a diet you need extra calories, if you dont have the extra syns/calories you will end up going into storage mode andhampering your weight loss

I can't speak for the OP, but I personally find it very easy to use all my syns, but just not so easy to use all my healthy extras!

RoxieP said:
You still had periods? Man that sucks! One of the best things about being pg and bfing is that they stay away with all their crampy horribleness! And I didn't even have to go through labour either as my lo was breech and I had a CS! :)

Yep, four weeks after the births I had my period! But I really enjoyed labour, was exciting and exhilarating and fascinating to discover what your body can do.
I did have Pethedine mind, although number two was born before it took effect :)

Yeah I was a bit sad about not knowing what a contraction feels like, but in the end I was just happy that I had a healthy lo!

I only started last week but when filling int he form had mentioned that I was still bf'ing. She never mentioned anything to me though. Are there extras or different things I should be doing? (sorry not meaning to hijack op)

I also echo the minimal weightloss with bf'ing. I haven't lost while feeding any of mine.;)

How old is your little one? If he/she is under 2 months you will get 3 extra healthy extras a day (try to make them mostly A choices) and if he/she is over 2 months you get 4!

She's an old un now at almost 16mths but still feeding really regularly as well as eating most of the nice sw meals I keep making :rolleyes: :D

I'll just keep on with the plan as it is just now and grab the consultant on Wed.

Congrats on the little one, gotta love a squishy new baby :)

Oh, in that case it will be different as you will have started to wean. You will only get one extra HE on top of your usual ones. See below, copied from SW website:

Extra Daily Allowances for breast-feeding mums
Baby’s age You can enjoy additional Healthy Extras on top of your usual 2a and 2b choices.
We recommend that one or preferably two of these additional choices are made from the milk and cheese section.
Up to 2 months 3
2 to 3 months 4
4 to 6 months if starting to wean 3
4 to 6 months if breast milk is the only source of nutrient for your baby 4
Over 6 months when weaning 1

BUMP!

I really think we should keep this thread going or start a new one for others who may be doing SW and breastfeeding. There is a thread for poeple who are pg and doing it so we should have one too!!!

Hey guys just thought I would report back as promised. Lost 3 pound last week and 2 this week so not bad.
Weighed in on Thursday and haven't stopped eating crap since. So I'm getting back on track tomorrow morning :)

Back