anyone else doing this diet as a 'secret'

I have only told people as they have noticed my weight loss. The reactions have mainly been positive - although I know one or two of my work colleagues have raised their eyebrows....Well I say sod 'em - cos I am doing something positive while they moan about their life/OHs/kids/weight etc......

im a cder.. but im crashing.. lol.. the first time i did cd (haha.. when i failed miserably).. i didnt tell anyone.. not even my bf who i was living with.. lol.. but this time around ive told people.. and i think ive found it easier.. not having to keep it all a secret.. but i really think it depends on the circumstances.. you know.. everyones different and we all have different things in our life..
The one thing though.. if you do tell people, there are always going to be people who will frown upon it.. and i guess its just all about weighing (pardon the pun) up the pros and cons of telling people..

x x

I didn't tell many people at first, but after the stones started to fall off, people did comment on how quick i was losing and were asking how, so most people that know me now know I'm on it, most have made the usual comments, "you'll put on double when you finish" I F****ing hope not, I'd die!!! Well sod them, this is my body so TOUGH!!! I am a determined bird now. aint no-one gonna stop me now, he he.
T x

good for you monsoon..!!

x x
Cheers hun!!!
Just seen your start weight, very close to mine, do you mind if I ask your height as I see your target is 8st, is that right? just wondered cos mine is about 13st, am 5'8/9.
T x

My OH lost a lot of weight rapidly, not on LT, the bu**er managed it with willpower and exercise, but then he has always been fit, just "spread" a bit!!! It was amazing how many people asked me if he was poorly. Some even thought he was having treatment for cancer and that was why he lost it so quickly. Fortunately he's just a disciplined, singleminded lucky so and so!

x

I have only told my mum and my partner obviously knows. I did not want to tell anyone else just yet, until you are into the program for a few weeks you just don’t need to hear everyone else’s negative opinions, they do not understand and are just naturaly worried about us.

I will tell people when I have to, my mother out law will be coming to stay with us in a few weeks and I know she will ask loads of questions if I tell her what I’m doing and she will ask every time I call (which I don’t need), so to get around it, I am going to tell her that I am just trying it out for a few days, just to see what its like and probably will not stick to it.

If you do the same then later on when you have lost loads of weight you can just say, ‘oh yes by the way’ that diet works and I’m fit, healthy and feel great. She will be reassured when she sees how happy, healthy and slim you look.

A little white lie can save us so much grief.

It's reassuring to see how many dishonest people there are out there! I told no-one but my sister (who is also on it) saw my LT card so now we talk about it. I have used all of the same excuses, tummy bug, just ate, arrived too late to eat! Well done to those who have told people so honestly.

Hiya :)

I'm hoping to start on LT tomorrow and I won't be telling anyone except my grandmother who is going with me to the pharmacy. A lot of people at my work are on LT and all I hear are the girls bitching about how it's ridiculous and expensive and all the rest... I can't be dealing with that and so have chosen to keep it to myself. If my close friends ask then I won't lie but I certainly am not going to be going around shouting about it :D

Cheers hun!!!
Just seen your start weight, very close to mine, do you mind if I ask your height as I see your target is 8st, is that right? just wondered cos mine is about 13st, am 5'8/9.
T x
Im 4"11.. so im quite a bit shorter than your good self.. if you want.. we can be like.. diet buddies..
I gave myself a goal of about 8 and a half stone.. but even thats BMI of 24.. so.. i might even go down to top end of 7.. i guess it all depends on where i feel most comfortable..

x x

I know everyone's circumstances are different, but for me I've told everyone around me that I'm doing it. Lying about it as far as I'm concerned is just one more thing to have to worry about. It's my damn body and no-one's going to tell me what I can and can't do. Doing LT is a positive experience, it's not a fad diet - and as long as you keep the water intake up it's not dangerous.

IF OTHER PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT - F**K EM! :D

Apart from my husband, the world and his wife knows!! lol! Well everyone at work knows and my parents and brother know but hubby has never been a keen supporter of 'meal replacements' and he wouldn't understand. Especially if i told him it cost £36 a week. He's never had a problem with my weight even though i was a size 10 before we got married. And he can eat pizza for breakfast a kebab for lunch and a curry for dinner without putting on any weight - and he doesn't even work out. He's a recruitment consultant so its not like he has an active job. Duno where it goes! Anyhow he wouldn't understand if I told him about it so instead I said I'm on a liquid diet that my doctor has suggested for my PCOS and she's given me some protein powder to add to my drinks. I can't believe he's accepted it heehee! ;)

Hi
I two have not told anyone at work as like others do not want to listen to there advice and also I think they will be waiting for it all to go wrong and put all the weight back on and since it is only my 2nd week no one has really noticed. only my husband and best mate know and she is doing it as well which is great for support and also this site and the people on it are great.
and also i feel it is no one elses business as i'm doing this for myself!

I think that it is probably less stressful to not keep it as a secret. It is usually easier to cope with peoples negative comments than to have to keep thinking up excuses as to why you aren't eating.
You will probably find that overall you will receive more positive and supportive comments than negative ones.

When anyone says "You will probably put it all back on again" my reply is always "Mmmmm, and what a meal that will be!!!!!!":D

When anyone says "You will probably put it all back on again" my reply is always "Mmmmm, and what a meal that will be!!!!!!":D

That one is now stored for future use! :D

When people use the 'you'll put it all back on again and more' moan to me I point out to them that it's true of any diet if you go back to eating the same old crap - at least this way I'm changing my mindset. I've told most people so that I'll stick to it. People who know me don't think I've got the willpower so I'm determined to prove them all wrong.

Funnily enough my wife is more keen to keep the fact that TFR has led to my weight loss a secret than I am. She keeps telling everyone that I am gyming non stop and eating healthily. I happily go along with her story although I do think that at some stage I should let my fat friends know the secret of my successful weight loss (or should I?!??!?!) I want to be the only thin one in the village!!!! (well, city.)

Back