Anyone else having their first weigh in tomorrow? Any tips on food consumption?

lea8198

Gold Member
I am nervously waiting my first weigh in tomorrow. Feeling like I can;t possibly have lost weight. Is anyone else in the same boat? ANyone else having their first WI tomorrow?

Any tips on what I should or shouldn't eat on WI day. What do you do? Does it make a different?

Everyone feels like this on their first WI - like you've eaten so much there is no way you will have lost. But if you have followed the plan properly, you will have!!

In terms of food, everyone's different. I tend to eat as little as possible on weigh in day. I have breakfast, small lunch, and no carbs at all. This probably makes no difference but it makes me feel better! And I make sure I have a wee just before weigh in haha.

xxx

Eat as you normally would. As said above once you start getting into the habit of not eating or drinking on weigh in day its hard to stop. Eat exactly as you've done every day this week. As you weigh in at the same time each week it will always be a true reflection.
I don't have dinner before weigh in simply because I go straight from work. If I finished work earlier I would go and eat first as long as you do the same each week it will be a true reflection of any loss x

I eat normally, which as it is a work day will tend to be the same every week. Allbran, milk and fruit for breakfast, and a mugshot, chicken then a yoghurt with fruit for lunch. WI is at 5:30pm so i have tea when i'm home.

I also drink 1.5 lites of water during the day before i go but i make sure i stop drinking by 2pm so that it's accurate at WI.

I suppose it will be accurate if you ate and drank the same every WI day but personally I don't eat until after and only have a few sips of drink. I weighted out a can of diet soda and it was over half a pound :/

I wi first thing in the morning so all I do is make sure I have a couple of wees hehe

I second the not getting into habits! Just do what you'd normally do. Although i have to admit i do wear the same clothes every week at the mo lol xx

l0v3child said:
I second the not getting into habits! Just do what you'd normally do. Although i have to admit i do wear the same clothes every week at the mo lol xx

Me too and had a STS last week and thought it was because had to move from very light summer clothes (lightest I could find) to my winter ones. Haha what are we like!

i used to starve myself on weigh day but now just eat normally. I get weighed tonight so will have tea afterwards. But am at work and will be having a jacket potato, cottage cheese and salad for lunch. I wont drink loads of liquid straight before weigh in and will definitely squeeze a wee out before I go!!!

And I wear the sameish clothes - either my work stuff or gym stuff. Wouldnt switch to jeans for weigh in!!!

And (and this is stupid) - I always breathe out as I get on the scales!!!!

For people who eat very little all day when they have a tea-time class, are you not starving? I would be chewing my arm off lol

I do the same routine as I normally would day to day, breakfast, lunch at work the only thing I do is not have a big drink between getting in from work (around quarter to 5) and and going to class (5:30) because a big glass of water weighs a pound I believe :) so just a tiny sip of water is allowed lol oh and I always eat dinner when I'm back from class because obviously there's no time from getting in from work and going to get weighed. I have to get changed and everything before I go, and yes I always try to wear similar clothes, no jeans!

Always wear similar clothes, and eat as normal, try have something similar weightwise to each week (like don't go from a light salad one week, to a heavy jacket and beans the next) then drink normally, and use the loo either before you go to class or before you weigh.
i go for work every week so I weigh in my uniform (shirt and trousers) and I Normally have some kinda salad for lunch (I eat salad most lunch times at work though , unless I fancy a jacket or bring something in), if you normally have a cup of tea at 5 drink that tea, but if you Don't fancy it one week make sure you have a similar size cup of water so you get a true reading (not a loss due to lack of water)
getting a true reading is about consistency, and staving yourself weigh in day isn't gonna do any good, but eating similar stuff each week will help a true reading :)

In the past i have been really successful with sw and would eat next to nothing on wi days! I used to have, 2 hifi light bars, banana, a couple of brews, mug shot, then snack on a little fruit and get weighed at 5pm as soon as i finfished work! Because i did this every week its showed as a true loss each week.

On wi evenings i wear leggings and a light t-shirt then wrap up with cardigans etc coz its getting abit nippy! which is a good thing as the cold speeds up metabolism due to the body having to work harder to keep warm :)
however now im doing something similar as above not on purpose but due to the fact that im always busy on a tuesday and forgot to eat sometimes i just dont get chance! but when im stood in the weighing queat class, im bloody starving and wanting to tuck into the sow basket lol! so ideally need to plan better really!

Back