Anyone else ill from the bad batch shakes?

Katt

Silver Member
Anyone else getting ill from the bad batch number shakes? This is the second time I have had an upset tummy from either vanilla or chocolate. But this time it has lasted longer - now been two days and considering imodium :( I have been 100% for 27 days so it can't be anything other than those shakes - the first time it happened I felt the effects within half an hour of drinking the vanilla :(

I have the chocolate batch 222225 and the vanilla one is 22263. My tummy has been gurgling since yesterday and I have had bad diarrhea since yesterday afternoon. I have been avoiding the Vanilla because and this isn't pleasant it went straight through me :( no warning - no upset tummy - but the chocolate one is now making my tummy hurt, and I feel ill :( going to tell exante about it and hope they will recall them because it can't be good on a diet of 600 cals to be losing what little you do have!

poor you - sounds awful. Have exante said they had a bad batch - or are you assuming because of your experiences? It is a good idea to let them know if you are convinced that is the problem and you haven't caught a tummy bug or something.

They have emailed other people with the same batch numbers because too much sweetner (I think) was put into them by mistake and some people got in touch with exante and told them that the shakes didn't taste right and they admitted there was a problem and have replaced them - well as I was new to the diet I didn't notice and as I had been drinking them I carried on with it. I haven't been anywhere or around anyone who is ill and as it has happened twice over a week apart I am putting it down to the shakes :(

I was pretty stupid because I had half a chocolate shake with banana yesterday and it made me ill - so what do I do? Have them again today *rolls eyes* and then I really felt ill, think lack of cals has caused my brain to stop working!

The first time I had a dodgy chocolate one it sent me straight to the loo and my tummy was gurgling all night. I've been mixing the rest half and half with non-dodgy ones such as banana and just got the gurgling tummy. It sounds like they are affecting you more than me though and since I got replacements and have supposed to have thrown the others out I cant really complain.

Oh dear will check the serial number on my vanilla. I made one other day and it tasted really awful I didn't bother drink anymore of it. I just thought it's TOM for thus why hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My email gives the code 22225 for choc and 22194 for vanilla?? I've just mailed them over it xx

Sent from my iPhone love n hugs Kel xx

Well the Vanilla I had was the batch number 22263 - just checked them and that is the only batch I have. It was the first shake of the day, all I had before it was water and I was lucky if I had half an hour before I felt the effects :(

I had to take imodium last night and had a really sore tummy all night but feeling much better today, will avoid all choc and vanilla and get in touch with exante about it ;)

Now please do not think I am being cynical but there are rather a lot of van and choc shakes for sale on you know what bay....Just thought those with a problem with their bowels may benefit!!!!!

Now please do not think I am being cynical but there are rather a lot of van and choc shakes for sale on you know what bay....Just thought those with a problem with their bowels may benefit!!!!!

I wouldnt buy ANY vanilla or choc packs on ebay just now without checking the batch numbers.

And Im sorry if this offends anyone on here but I think its terrible people would sell them on ebay. Theyve been replaced cos theyre faulty they should get binned not passed on to some poor unsuspecting person

But then I suppose this highlights exactly why you shouldnt buy packs on ebay - you dont know what youre getting

Katt I think they may have the same effects as you now thinking of it I was a bit ahem bunged up so had some movicol but I havnt had any for days just the shakes and still loose! Sorry for tmi but can't be from the movicol cos like I said I havnt had any for days xx

To be fair I have ulcerative colitis which could make me more sensitive to them but I don't want anyone else to suffer like I have :( and I really would suggest if you are going to keep having them add lots more water or mix them with another flavour to make them less potent! I am going to put mine in the bin!

I'm waiting for a reply from Exante to get them changed but yeah they'll be goin in the bin and Im stickin to strawberry and banana for now x

Hi Katt
Sorry to hear you've been feeling rough! Sounds like we both must have ordered ours approximately same time but I've been grand - no tummy aches or anything else!
It might be that your body could.be adjusting to the big change!

Fingers crossed you're over the worst. :))

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Last edited:
Starlight said:
I wouldnt buy ANY vanilla or choc packs on ebay just now without checking the batch numbers.

And Im sorry if this offends anyone on here but I think its terrible people would sell them on ebay. Theyve been replaced cos theyre faulty they should get binned not passed on to some poor unsuspecting person

But then I suppose this highlights exactly why you shouldnt buy packs on ebay - you dont know what youre getting

Here here!!!

Agree, it always amazes me how low some people will go.

Back