Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Anyone else in denial?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Anisah, 16 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Okay, I know by my scales that pounds are dropping, but somewhere in the back of my mind I have not come to believe that the weight is actually gone. It's like a part of me is saying "no you have not lost any weight, it's just water". That can't be. 21 pounds of water? Am I alone in this constant having to convince myself that yes in fact I have lost weight?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bananas

Bananas Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
  4. claire1

claire1 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i know exactly how you feel :) i'm not hungary at all and actually feel bloated from all the water i drink so i've been thinking to myself...'what if i haven't lost weight this week' ! :)

5. BubbleBlush

BubbleBlush Iam Loving It!! lol lol

Diet:
    Cambridge diet. I have 13stone to lose so hope CD wil get me close to that. Long way to go.
    omg i know EXACTLY wot u are meaning, am scared bout that aswell, I know i WILL be losing but its like my mind is saying nooo u wont, coz u never do so just go eat! Its gettin me down a bit. I just keep saying i would rather do wot am doin than sit bout getting bigger n more unhappy. Just keep drinkin the water, thats wot am doin. U have lost a brill amount of weight, just keep at it and u will soon get were u want to be.
    sharon xx

6. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    i only know i have cause my clothes are too big - now i'm thinking - i was never THAT big! xx

7. claire1

claire1 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    :D:D:D:D:D

8. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    I still feel in myself in some ways that I am as big as I ever was. But I'm not - I know I'm not! My clothes are falling off me, I have sooo much more energy than I used to have!

9. Wilma

Wilma Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I know what you mean too - I keep wearing trousers that I wore at the beginning of July, that are now 2 sizes too big to remind myself of how well I am doing! I look a bugger in them but it certainly helps me keep focussed.

10. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Maybe that is just it then, the clothes. I have always worn baggy clothes so I don't have that "oh this used to be tight but now it's loose" bit going on. And my pants have been elastic so I can't judge by that yet. The only thing I have noticed is the bra's. When I was pregnant I bought the bra extenders and when I kept gaining weight I just kept using them. I don't have to wear those extenders anymore because my bras fit comfortably now.

11. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    Hi I have been off CD for 4 months ish now and I still feel bigger than I am .Think after xxyears of been morbidly obese it may take a while to get used to been "normal " (not sure normal is quiet the right word for me :p).
    I went to evans to look for new clothes last week:eek: they start at size 14 but now getting into some size 12 so nothing would of fit me and think the staff thought I was taking the pi*s:cry:.
    It is getting better and I have started to accept the person in the mirror as me but it is a big change over a short time so give yourself time xx

12. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you so much. I think you've hit it dead on. I'm glad i'm not alone. Will I need therapy after this? LOL I can't wait to see the new me. I get glimpses of her from time to time in the mirror.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.