Anyone else in denial?

Anisah

A pound at a time
Okay, I know by my scales that pounds are dropping, but somewhere in the back of my mind I have not come to believe that the weight is actually gone. It's like a part of me is saying "no you have not lost any weight, it's just water". That can't be. 21 pounds of water? Am I alone in this constant having to convince myself that yes in fact I have lost weight?

Okay, I know by my scales that pounds are dropping, but somewhere in the back of my mind I have not come to believe that the weight is actually gone. It's like a part of me is saying "no you have not lost any weight, it's just water". That can't be. 21 pounds of water? Am I alone in this constant having to convince myself that yes in fact I have lost weight?
i know exactly how you feel :) i'm not hungary at all and actually feel bloated from all the water i drink so i've been thinking to myself...'what if i haven't lost weight this week' ! :)

omg i know EXACTLY wot u are meaning, am scared bout that aswell, I know i WILL be losing but its like my mind is saying nooo u wont, coz u never do so just go eat! Its gettin me down a bit. I just keep saying i would rather do wot am doin than sit bout getting bigger n more unhappy. Just keep drinkin the water, thats wot am doin. U have lost a brill amount of weight, just keep at it and u will soon get were u want to be.
sharon xx

i only know i have cause my clothes are too big - now i'm thinking - i was never THAT big! xx

I still feel in myself in some ways that I am as big as I ever was. But I'm not - I know I'm not! My clothes are falling off me, I have sooo much more energy than I used to have!

I know what you mean too - I keep wearing trousers that I wore at the beginning of July, that are now 2 sizes too big to remind myself of how well I am doing! I look a bugger in them but it certainly helps me keep focussed.

Maybe that is just it then, the clothes. I have always worn baggy clothes so I don't have that "oh this used to be tight but now it's loose" bit going on. And my pants have been elastic so I can't judge by that yet. The only thing I have noticed is the bra's. When I was pregnant I bought the bra extenders and when I kept gaining weight I just kept using them. I don't have to wear those extenders anymore because my bras fit comfortably now.

Hi I have been off CD for 4 months ish now and I still feel bigger than I am .Think after xxyears of been morbidly obese it may take a while to get used to been "normal " (not sure normal is quiet the right word for me :p).
I went to evans to look for new clothes last week:eek: they start at size 14 but now getting into some size 12 so nothing would of fit me and think the staff thought I was taking the pi*s:cry:.
It is getting better and I have started to accept the person in the mirror as me but it is a big change over a short time so give yourself time xx

Hi I have been off CD for 4 months ish now and I still feel bigger than I am .Think after xxyears of been morbidly obese it may take a while to get used to been "normal " (not sure normal is quiet the right word for me :p).
I went to evans to look for new clothes last week:eek: they start at size 14 but now getting into some size 12 so nothing would of fit me and think the staff thought I was taking the pi*s:cry:.
It is getting better and I have started to accept the person in the mirror as me but it is a big change over a short time so give yourself time xx
Thank you so much. I think you've hit it dead on. I'm glad i'm not alone. Will I need therapy after this? LOL I can't wait to see the new me. I get glimpses of her from time to time in the mirror.

Back