anyone else just starting out ?

Discussion in 'General Weekly Weigh-In' started by Keelyfelix, 5 February 2014.

1. Keelyfelix

Keelyfelix New Member

Hi i'm new to this site , i started sw this week , 10 years ago i lost 3 stone with them and was so pleased to be a size 10 , i am totally ashamed to say in the last 5 years i have slipped back into awful habits and now weigh 15st 4lb the heaviest i have ever been . I am determined to get a grip and sort myself out this year so here goes !!

Starting weight 15st 4lbs , aim to get back to target weight of 10st 5 lbs by the end of the year
  2. Embo

Embo Member

I started 2 weeks ago and have lost 12.5lbs so far so really pleased :) I'm a lot bigger than you though and had a starting weight of 23st 1 1/2lb. I'm a secret eater and the strain of having 3 children under 5 has really taken it's toll on me. I've never done diets before as I've always said that when I do finally decide enough is enough it'll be for good and i'll stick to it. I want to be healthy rather than skinny so would love love love to get to 13stone, so a loss of 10 stone!

Look forward to speaking to you more on this journey :)
  3. Keelyfelix

Keelyfelix New Member

Well done that is a fantastic start ! My kids are getting older now 2 at uni and one in year 10 but i remember how tough it was when they were little , i'm a bit of a binge eater , i eat little during the day and then totally pig out once i start, its nothing big but a few biscuits and then crisps and then a sandwich etc and before i know it ive spent the entire evening eating ,then i feel so angry with myself i just think sod it and eat more !! So SW is about getting me back to a proper healthy eating routine . We can both do this !!
  4. skmyna

skmyna Member

Starting is any time great then thinking and talking about it.
  5. skmyna

skmyna Member

Last edited: 12 February 2014
  6. sm12

sm12 Member

Hi, how are you doing, I am just starting out - hope you are both still going strong :) x
  7. Emyjadeness

Emyjadeness Active Member

I wish you all the luck in the world girls and guys. I know how hard it's been for me to get back on track after a stone loss. Xx
  8. shotgunshell

shotgunshell Member

Just starting out myself! I lost a lot of weight initially after leaving uni, I had a super active job which kept me running around like crazy for 8 hours a day, and the weight just fell off. It was bliss.

Since then, I've moved to a job where I sit on my ass all day (the joys of programming) and the weight has slowly crept its way back so now I'm heavier than I've ever been.

After a moment of "RIGHT, THAT'S IT! I'M LOSING WEIGHT" one evening, I'm happy to be back on the bandwagon and hoping to see some results fairly sharpish :)
  9. Minnie-me

Minnie-me New Member

Hi just starting slimming world again but going it alone this time, weights been up and down over the last 10 years after my youngest was born. Am ready to make a change now no more excuses starting weight 12 stone , need to lose 2 1/2 stone good luck everyone
  10. Tracy Grieve

Tracy Grieve Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Tracy, and going for my intake appointment on monday at 4 p.m. Have allowed my weight to creep up from 64kg to 95kg - to my eternal shame. Will post my stats after each weigh-in, and am hoping to give and receive support on the forum :)
  11. Pjowitt

Pjowitt New Member

Hi I've only just registered myself... I am doing the Cambridge diet and have my first weigh in on Tuesday.hope I have a big loss as I've been so committed and have 4.5 stone to loose
  12. Tracy Grieve

Tracy Grieve Well-Known Member

Hi, how did your weigh-in go? Hope it went well :):):)
  13. apico04

apico04 Well-Known Member

I just started yesterday and I am looking forward to dropping the weight and never putting it back on. I am pushing 302lb and it is not fun. I just turned 28 so my Birthday Gift to myself was getting into shape so I can hit the beach for my 29th Birthday!

Good luck my friend and remember you can do it!
  14. Lizzyz

Lizzyz Member

Hi Apico, I started yesterday (Monday) and I need to lose 22lbs so lets hope we can encourage each other!!
  15. apico04

apico04 Well-Known Member

Sounds good....we cant do it, I am here if you need any support...Ill be keeping an eye out. :)
  16. lardydah

lardydah Irregular Member

Hi - well done to you all for starting again. I did SW last year and then low-carbed and then gave up stupidly as was just losing and regaining the same half a stone or so. My problem is consistency and so I'm going to portion control and use MFP to track my calories. I don't want to restrict my choices of food - but MFP keeps me on track with calories and I can't just mindlessly snaffle on homemade bread and biscuits! Just started yesterday eating well and feeling good right now - let's keep it going - good luck!
  17. myvlcdtime

myvlcdtime Active Member

Hi everyone, can I join in? I am 17 stone and using a vlcd it is the only way that works for me. I am hoping for consistent losses rather than on off dieting, that is my usual.

Well I hope you all do really well and achieve your goals :) :) :)