Anyone else love their 1/3 superfree

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
ok so i have read alot about complaints about superfree people not wanting to eat it and trying to do ee without it BUT I LOVE IT.

I AM A FRUIT AND VEG MONSTER

i sometimes even have half superfree or even a stew that contains even more than that

i love steamed brocoli flash fried in a pan with garlic and frylite
i love cajun spiced peppers
i love fried mushrooms
i love carrots and green beans or (squeaky beans as we call them ) because they squeak on your teeth as you eat them:eek:
i love butternut squash
i love oven roast veg
....baked onions
....roasted tomatoes
....grated apple in yogurt
....ripe pears
....tangy satsumas
....crisp grapes

really am i the only one that loves superfree and doesnt find it a chore to have with my meals.

NO NO NO you are so right I love veg. Have always loved veg and my lot only seem to like carrots and peas (prob because of OH). I sneak veg in where I can and the kids were brilliant when they were little.

BNS roasted with garlic, salt and sage or rosemary then eaten as is or made into soup.
Any veg roasted in the oven till sweet and caramelised,
mashed turnip (swede)
mashed cauliflower
Asparagus dipped into runny eggs.
Salad is my favourite food but has to have oil, vinegar and salt. No faffing with lemon, honey, mustard or any other extraneous ingredients.
Brussels sprouts eaten after steaming or tossed with lean bacon (or home roasted ham) and garlic.
Roasted red peppers made into salad
beetroot roasted and sprinkled with olive oil and vinegar etc etc etc.
there are endless combinations of delicious tasty veg which can be made into fantastic superfree with the addition of herbs or spices but most of them are great just as they come.

No you are not the only one - love vegetables. I didn't when I was a child - hated them. Although I would eat them raw. I think a lot of people are put off by childhood experiences of overcooked vegetables - when I found out that they didn't have to be cooked to death, it was a revelation! And superfree foods are not something dreamed up by SW to make our lives difficult, they are ESSENTIAL for continued good health.(And we call them squeaky beans too. On holiday recently I had a salad which included green beans and grilled haloumi cheese, another squeaky food - it was deafening!!)

AnnaFaraday said:
No you are not the only one - love vegetables. I didn't when I was a child - hated them. Although I would eat them raw. I think a lot of people are put off by childhood experiences of overcooked vegetables - when I found out that they didn't have to be cooked to death, it was a revelation! And superfree foods are not something dreamed up by SW to make our lives difficult, they are ESSENTIAL for continued good health.(And we call them squeaky beans too. On holiday recently I had a salad which included green beans and grilled haloumi cheese, another squeaky food - it was deafening!!)

Squeaky cheese and squeaky beans in one meal :D bet there were no awkward silences at the table that day lol

peacelily said:
NO NO NO you are so right I love veg. Have always loved veg and my lot only seem to like carrots and peas (prob because of OH). I sneak veg in where I can and the kids were brilliant when they were little.

BNS roasted with garlic, salt and sage or rosemary then eaten as is or made into soup.
Any veg roasted in the oven till sweet and caramelised,
mashed turnip (swede)
mashed cauliflower
Asparagus dipped into runny eggs.
Salad is my favourite food but has to have oil, vinegar and salt. No faffing with lemon, honey, mustard or any other extraneous ingredients.
Brussels sprouts eaten after steaming or tossed with lean bacon (or home roasted ham) and garlic.
Roasted red peppers made into salad
beetroot roasted and sprinkled with olive oil and vinegar etc etc etc.
there are endless combinations of delicious tasty veg which can be made into fantastic superfree with the addition of herbs or spices but most of them are great just as they come.

I like tenderstem broccoli dipped in egg too ..... Tbh most veg dipped in egg is fab

Think you guys have hit the nail on the head around how you prepare your veg!

Not just plain boiled/steamed and served as they are. Variety is key and I think a lot of people fail to see that! Especially when people are new to the plan and posting on here about how they don't eat any veg!!

I love my veg, as do my kids and hubs too.

We are a rather trumpy family though I have to admit! :O

Mrs.S. said:
Think you guys have hit the nail on the head around how you prepare your veg!

Not just plain boiled/steamed and served as they are. Variety is key and I think a lot of people fail to see that! Especially when people are new to the plan and posting on here about how they don't eat any veg!!

I love my veg, as do my kids and hubs too.

We are a rather trumpy family though I have to admit! :O

It's better to be trumpy than feel sluggish and grumpy :D

I totally agree! I don't think there's one fruit or vegetable that I don't like. I absolutely love everything! Really never understood people who can't stand fruit & veg!

Yay! I love fruit & veg. I can't believe how many people don't like them. The only one I don't like is fennel as i hate aniseed! Other than that I'll eat most veg raw if I could :) I add broccoli florets to salads for example. I LOVE green beans! Steamed & served With olives & salt & pepper & a squeeze of lemon juice. I got some purple carrots in my veg box this week! Am so excited about using them later on this week. I also got one of those cauliflowers that's actually green ( think its calabrese or something) going to make my own aloo gobi with it later this week as well.

I love veg. Pretty much any veg. I am vegetarian which to an extent forces you to be a more adventurous cook. I love roasted root veg, cauliflower and green beans in curries, broccoli with cheese sauce, carrot and swede mash, mushrooms cooked with garlic and herbs, massive bags of stir fry veg, salads with lots of raw veggies...

Fruit? Nope. Nothing. Fruit terrifies me. Feel free to think I am completely weird because I probably am.

Just goes to show - we are all different. I wouldn't say that I am unhealthy despite not eating fruit and I eat plenty of veg to try and make up for it. I'm not blind to the fact that fruit is good for me and that I'm missing out, just as I'm sure people who don't eat veg realise that they are missing out on vitamins etc.

I just can't do it! I think I need aversion therapy...

I love veg. Pretty much any veg. I am vegetarian which to an extent forces you to be a more adventurous cook. I love roasted root veg, cauliflower and green beans in curries, broccoli with cheese sauce, carrot and swede mash, mushrooms cooked with garlic and herbs, massive bags of stir fry veg, salads with lots of raw veggies...

Fruit? Nope. Nothing. Fruit terrifies me. Feel free to think I am completely weird because I probably am.

Just goes to show - we are all different. I wouldn't say that I am unhealthy despite not eating fruit and I eat plenty of veg to try and make up for it. I'm not blind to the fact that fruit is good for me and that I'm missing out, just as I'm sure people who don't eat veg realise that they are missing out on vitamins etc.

strange question but can you eat cooked fruit or is it a total no go area

cat yoyo greaves said:
strange question but can you eat cooked fruit or is it a total no go area

I have been asked every question under the sun about this so am very much used to it by now. Nope, no fruit at all. I can't have it in the house. Only oddity is that I will eat passata but not fresh tomatoes.

Kingleds - is it like a cauliflower but a sort of lime green rather than white, with more pointed sections? If so, it is called a Romanesco cauliflower - have a look on Wikipedia to find out about it. It is fascinating - a maths lesson and dinner at the same time!

AnnaFaraday said:
Kingleds - is it like a cauliflower but a sort of lime green rather than white, with more pointed sections? If so, it is called a Romanesco cauliflower - have a look on Wikipedia to find out about it. It is fascinating - a maths lesson and dinner at the same time!

Yup, that's the one!

kingleds said:
Yup, that's the one!

I did cauliflower cheese with one of those once and it was bloody lovely :D My husband used to buy me a challenge item from the market and that cauliflower was one of them.

I have been asked every question under the sun about this so am very much used to it by now. Nope, no fruit at all. I can't have it in the house. Only oddity is that I will eat passata but not fresh tomatoes.
well at least you love veg fruit is full of natural sugars anyway so veg is better for you :D its quite an iteresting one though as most people are the other way round

missy1978 said:

I do absolutely love fruit as well but you won't be missing out on anything if you supplement with veg as you can still get all the antioxidants etc from coloured veg and you probably have less natural sugars as veg is naturally lower. You can prob get all the rest of vits and minerals from the veg too. Not that you need me to tell you but was just thinking that if anyone else didn't like fruit they could follow your example. Though from what I've read on here it tends to be that people struggle more with the veg than the fruit. :)

cat yoyo greaves said:
well at least you love veg fruit is full of natural sugars anyway so veg is better for you :D its quite an iteresting one though as most people are the other way round

Sorry Cat I didn't read to the end of the thread and posted much the same info as you! D'oh!

Back