Anyone else scared of....

thistime08

Lipo Lover
Refeed?? I am petrified. Can't really grasp the concept of eating and still losing weight, yet from Tracy, Harriett etc, I know you do. Afraid that the first bit of food that passes my lips will put all the weight back on!!!

Would maybe like to do WW points after refeed/maintenance, but scared of the choices available. Did WW before and lost 3 stone,so know it inside out!

Anyone else feel the same and confused about how to maintain???

Yes me hun!! Not good at maintaining :)

oh dear something else to worry about, dreading getting thin now cos i'll have to come off the shakes lol

Thats it scouse...you are in complete control with the shakes, but when food comes into the equation thats where the ***** hits the fan!!

Jaysus, sh*ite was just *****!!! Gas!!

My sentiments exactly! Prefer tfr - really bad at maintaining! and i love fruit and carbs :(

I'm really hoping to change my eating habits - its easier at home coz its only me and hubby at home. Everyone at work loves candy and the sweet table is right behind me. Even worse the girl who sits next to me is so tiny but is always munching on sweets and crisps. I don't feel like having any of it whilst on LT but am really worried for once i'm off the diet! :confused::sigh:

My sentiments exactly! Prefer tfr - really bad at maintaining! and i love fruit and carbs :(

I'm really hoping to change my eating habits - its easier at home coz its only me and hubby at home. Everyone at work loves candy and the sweet table is right behind me. Even worse the girl who sits next to me is so tiny but is always munching on sweets and crisps. I don't feel like having any of it whilst on LT but am really worried for once i'm off the diet! :confused::sigh:

I was the same when i came off LT a year ago. Scared to death i was gonna put it all back on again! But i was that worried about putting it back after so much hard work..i was in total control! I knew if i wanted to have a packet of crisps one day it wouldn't kill me, lol, i just would make sure i had something more healthy for dinner, or the next day. You'll be so surprised when you reach your goal, you'll look back on all the effort you have put it and how much you have lost and you will be able to have a few sweets from the sweet table and then say no more! :D xx

I hear ya newstarter. I have no interest in rubbish food, but looking forward to all the healthy stuff at the min. Hopefully I always feel that way. I have a fair bit to go, have decided to refeed at 12 stone, a lot I know, but I only ever wanted to get to a size 14, anything less than that and I know I would look awful. Do you havea sweet table in work??? Cruel!!!

I get days when im like that too however - you have to remember that when we are fat the concept of losing weight is frightening and its hard because we have stones to lose - not pounds

Eating again is going to be a case of trial and error. Every 2 or 3 days we'll need to weigh ourselves and if we put a pound on - we look back at our food diaries and see where we went wrong. Then we will cut back and lose that pound.

Everybody who is coming close to refeed should have a plan of how they are going to maintain otherwise in my opinion you are going to slip into old ways.

So if you are going to do low cal - you need to do your research on good low cal nutritious food that is readily available to you

Me personally have opted to maintain with GL its slightly different to GI - no food is off limits. Its about keeping your blood sugar level and therefore preventing binging etc

hi...refeed is fine..maintaining is the more difficult bit but then you knew that already..its knowing what extras to include once youve got the maintaining bit sorted. i never expected to lose after refeeding like tracey but i lost 3lb more. even if you dont, it doesnt matter but its getting your head around it all :) it takes a while and im still getting my head around it all! i look in the mirror at the gym and see this person looking back at me and think god, thats me..you still feel like the overweight person you were back before LT...diet is def mind over matter xxx

pm if you want advice on anything anybody

h xxx

Cheers Harriet, I know its been said before but you are an inspiration to us all. I know what you meann about looking in the mirror, I feel that way already. You know I am the type of person who if told what to do will do it no problem, so I like discipline. I know it will be trial and error but would love to see some food diaries, I know you did one on here before, but at the time I was only new. Would you mind if I asked to see it again just to give me an idea??? Cheers hun

Hey Ally, god you seem so organised and focussed!!!Not sure what GL is, know GI alright. Really want to be prepared for when I refeed and maintain. Could you tell me a bit more about GL..or have you a website which explains. Cheers hun!! xx

Im not great at explaining things - but its the same as GI but its more realistic ie: with GI they give you the value for a whole pound of carrots - but realistically no body is going to sit down and eat a pound of carrots - so GL is based on real portions and not 100grams of a food when all we would normally eat is 20g

Hope that made sense

Ive stressed over what to do for weeks - its made me miserable but now that i know how im going to maintain im far happier.

Ive read GL Diet for Dummies - worth a read

Cheers hun, will look that book up!

Hi thistime08 - yah - how cruel is that - everyone at work digs into the sweets all day long! Luckily - i don't feel like having them at all - and really hoping to have Ally's determination when i come off LT.. Thanx everyone - for all your inspiring thoughts and advice.

You'll have that determination too hun. At the end of the day im sure this is a last resort.

I want to be prepared and ready for anything.

Hiya hun i was petrified of refeeding it is sooo scary after all the weeks on tfr and its understandable surely! I felt so guilty when i ate but just kept telling myself that i would do this!
Harriet is right its def maintaining that is the hard part we just all have to stick at it, i have quite a bit of WW foods now hun although iknow nothing about WW to be honest. I just find that the fact they are low fat and low cal helps me to control myself!

Ive been maintaining about 2 months ish now hun..i started refeed at 12st 1lb then lost 10lb and have been maintaining at 11st 5lb since!!
Pease dont be scared guys..if i can do it!! xxx

Hi all
Im on day 3 of refeed and terrified too of putting on what I have lost. Following the refeed plan to a T. Next week Im on hols so am having 2 maintenance products and 1 evening low fat meal and couple drinks (or 5-6 maybe). Gonna continue this for another couple of weeks (not the alchol) and hope to lose some more weight. Wanted to stay on TFR longer but am going on hol so had to do wk refeed. I am a good bit off my goal so might come back to tfr when I can. I think the way Im going to work it is kind of like a weightwatchers system incorporating low gi foodstuffs (have to read up on the GL diet), I have pointed the maint prods and will just make sure I dont go over my daily allowance and will see how that goes for me.

Back