Anyone else taking the scenic route to target?

stivesliz

Gold Member
Oh, I am feeling a bit frustrated today - I got my 4 stone last September and really want to get to 5 stone!

I should have done it by now, but have put on, lost, put on, lost for the past 10 months and even though I have always kept within my 3 and a half to 4 stone I just wish I could get a bit further!

I set myself a target 3 weeks ago of a pound a week ( after a particularly mahoosive gain ) of a pound a week and by my reckoning should be at target on Tuesday November 13th lol. I just feel a bit cross with myself that I haven't cracked on and done it sooner.

Is anyone else out there taking the very slow and scenic route to target? xxx

I took forever to get to target, but it didn't really bother me as I never felt deprived & just plodded along. Saying that I'm now at target, but in March we on hols with OH & MiL & can't remember how much I put on but it was enough for me to go over target, you can't believe how long it took me to lose it, I just kept playing with the last flippin 1lb, it was so annoying. Anyway I'm now back in target but only just & really would like to get about another 3lb off. But it doesn't seem to want to leave me:eek: I honestly don't know what more I can do, I stick to plan, stay within 70 syns per week, cycle to work weather permitting.

Have you tried sucess express to give yourself a bit of a boost?

I have done success express a couple of times and I do change my plans round regularly to keep me on my toes.

I know I will get there - it just seems to be taking forever so I thought that a pound a week would be realistic. I am already 2 and a half pounds ahead of myself lol, but this week is my 'put on' week ( mid month ) so it should just all even out eventually.

I may try the success express a bit more next week x

Scenic route! I think I'm on a round the world tour! Over the last couple of years we've moved house, started a new business and I'm a full time carer to my son with autism. Every time I seem to get back on track, stress happens and I crave all the things I shouldn't and don't have the energy to fight it. I've just started back on plan again and hope for the best. I'll get there eventually but in my own time. Good luck with your journey.:)

Oh, definitely! I still haven't managed to get my Christmas gain off! :D

But I'm not too upset, to be honest - usually, I would have put all the weight I'd lost back on by now, so I'm incredibly pleased that I've put on under 14 pounds. And now I've got through some tough times recently with my health, I'm back on track and hope to get to target by the end of the year.

I'm definitely taking the scenic route. Taken me 6 months and i'm still 0.5lb off my stone. The last 3 months i've just been fluctuating over the same few pounds, cracked a barrier last week though and actually got past 13 13.5, been there 5 times this year and they gained again, finally went downward after hitting it this time though.

Oh Im glad I am not alone !

Oct is started, and I still have not reached a stone ! That was my FIRST target I set for myself... 2.5 to go now tho so hopefully now Im on SW I will get it within the next 2 weeks

Lisaxx

Me too Liz and boy have I seen some scenery lol

Thankfully I haven't gained, well I have but I've been loosing and gaining the same 3lbs for about a year now! I've almost 4st off me (not all through sw) so I think I get lazy sometimes when I see how far I've come and how different I look! I really wanna loose another 1-2 stone so I should get my @ss in gear and get on with it, easier said than done tho!

PS just getting myself ready for a romantic meal at a steak house! :rolleyes: ;)

I am fully scenic - haha!

I took 2 years to lose 5.5 stone, then got married and now im pregnant.....! its all go!

I may get to target one day....................one happy day! :D x

People keep saying that I must feel better but it's so bleddy long since I lost weight that I dont feel any different now LOL!

At least I have sort of kept off what I have lost so I should look at it that way too x

Hi stivesliz! Only me, with my little bit of advice for what its worth. As you know I am and have been at target for some time BUT not only did I take the scenic route, I seemed to go via Turkey and then across to the USA before I eventually arrived back home to group and target!!! Week after week my lil half pounds, sometimes a maintain having been always 100% on plan. Please remember my dripping tap, its frustrating and not very fair when some drink and eat all sorts and still lose pounds, BUT YOU WILL GET THERE! Keep plodding on, you will soon be posting I DID IT:)

Hi stivesliz! Only me, with my little bit of advice for what its worth. As you know I am and have been at target for some time BUT not only did I take the scenic route, I seemed to go via Turkey and then across to the USA before I eventually arrived back home to group and target!!! Week after week my lil half pounds, sometimes a maintain having been always 100% on plan. Please remember my dripping tap, its frustrating and not very fair when some drink and eat all sorts and still lose pounds, BUT YOU WILL GET THERE! Keep plodding on, you will soon be posting I DID IT:)

Ahhh, as ever wise words from one of my fave members - I used your dripping tap phrase at group the other week and everyone loved it - I obviously pretended that I had made it up on the spot LOL! xxxxxx

Anyone who knows me from before will know my plodding along wasn't even budging the scales more than a pound a month at its best. I learned only to record the first Sunday in the month not only my weight but bust waist thigh and hip measurements. Even on the months when i lost very little weight the tape measure was reassuring. good luck x x

I've been on the scenic route for the last three years. Losing and gaining the same three stone but NEVER quite getting to target. 3.5 off last week and now 1.5 on :( I know it's because I'm being a bit lazy with the plan and because if a big bad binge at the weekend so I'm back to basics this week to nip the back sliding in the butt.

Back