Anyone else taking the scenic route to target?

vanilla_cupcake said:
Whats the dripping tap? :)

Aah is this the wise words that a dripping tap will still fill a bucket in the end? My consultant loved that!

My bucking has a fecking hole in it though...

Last edited:
I was taking the scenic route FYI I can't spell scenic lol! Until I sold my car and now I'm on like 3-4 lbs a week I know it's not possible for people to do this but it has really helped me, my bank balance, my weight and my life lol I was crap at driving and hit everything! So was really glad to see the back of it lol x

sl1nkyminny said:
I was taking the scenic route FYI I can't spell scenic lol! Until I sold my car and now I'm on like 3-4 lbs a week I know it's not possible for people to do this but it has really helped me, my bank balance, my weight and my life lol I was crap at driving and hit everything! So was really glad to see the back of it lol x

Haha I thought you were going to say you couldn't spell scenic untul you sold your car which was a Renault scenic. My mind works in a strange way....

I initially did really well with SW, not quite snail pace and managed to lose 3st 10 by September 2011 but still with nearly 2 stone to go til target. Since then I've taken the VERY scenic route - messed about losing and gaining the same few pounds although recently it's been all gain and I think I've put on half a stone (will know properly when I weigh in officially). I'm motivated again now - have given myself a good talking to and hopefully will reach target (or pretty close) by Christmas.

I'm so glad it's not me! Keep getting to 10 st 12 lbs and then putting on them back and putting on again! It's soooo frustrating!

I would be so happy with a lb a week at the moment. Any tips on how to get some motivation?

I'm so glad it's not me! Keep getting to 10 st 12 lbs and then putting on them back and putting on again! It's soooo frustrating!

I would be so happy with a lb a week at the moment. Any tips on how to get some motivation?

Afraid not lol - just got fed up with being a yo yo so I set myself a target of a pound a week which is manageable, and 3 weeks down the line, I am 2 pounds ahead of myself! I have been trying a few new recipes though and have definitely made sure I have that third of superfree which they are always going on about, and fingers crossed, it seems to be doing the trick x

I am also taking a scenic route. After losing a good chunk in the beginning it's slowed down to a couple of pounds a month. Ish. It's my own fault, as I am messing around a bit having a few days on, a few days off. I'll get there eventually.. at least the trend is down rather than up. :)

laura2481 said:
I am also taking a scenic route. After losing a good chunk in the beginning it's slowed down to a couple of pounds a month. Ish. It's my own fault, as I am messing around a bit having a few days on, a few days off. I'll get there eventually.. at least the trend is down rather than up. :)

Me too I play with it so no wonder it's not coming off. But you've got to live life!

I do acknowledge that I would have probably got to target by now if I had eaten less takeaways, had fewer meals out and had a few less gallons of red wine, but in the grand scheme of things, like Laura has said, at least it is going down....even if it is very slowly x

Think I joined the fast lane for a bit this week ;) 4lb which is UNHEARD of for me. I didn't even lose that in week one lol. And I've eaten three square meals and had some syns each day. So I'm now convinced the scales were wrong at group!!!

stivesliz said:
hey well done - and don't undermine yourself - I am sure the scales at group are bang on! xxxx

I know.....but FOUR!!!!! That's more than two..... I didnt even lose four in my first week. Haha. I'm not being ungrateful tho. I'm very happy to have the little beggars off. I suspect it'll be back in the scenic lane for me this week which is fine :)

I have definitely taken the long route. I hit 3.5 stone last November, and put almost a stone back on (!) by March, I've now lost a stone since March and am hoping to hit target by the end of the summer. 1.5lbs a week would do me nicely :D

Annoyingly though, I'm a 2 steps forward, one step back, wish it could be more steady and controlled but my social life does not permit it!

I am definitly on the scenic route, been at SW since march 2011 and lost 1st 12lb. since getting my 2 stone award back in feb ive put on and lost the same 5lb in weight! Furious with myself. I have now had 2 slow weeks where ive only lost half a pound a week but at least its coming off!

If being on SW on and off for 4 years whilst losing 2st and putting on exactly 1st MORE than I started off with counts as scenic then I'm in...... :cry:

I definitely feel like I'm taking the scenic route. I re-started earlier this year and have had lots of ups/downs already. yet even despite being more determined and more disciplined than ever these past few weeks I've barely lost 1lb in over a month. I think my body has hit a plateau, but I know that going back the other way just isn't an option!

Back