Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Hi pebs ,I am writing this hanging my head in shame :( lol
I have not been 100% since Thursday and am soooooooo annoyed with myself !
You have been doing well tho,you are definatly gonna be the biggest loser this week !!! :)

Tracy831 said:
Hi pebs ,I am writing this hanging my head in shame :( lol
I have not been 100% since Thursday and am soooooooo annoyed with myself !
You have been doing well tho,you are definatly gonna be the biggest loser this week !!! :)

What! I'm not having that. You've been doing so well , now sort yourself out mrs t and get back on that tightrope while I finish my trapeze act.

I wondered where you'd gone. It's been lonely here. Don't give up on me now. Weigh in the morning znd see how you've done you may be surprised x

Yeah pebs definatly back in the circus in the morning,and will weigh in in the morning although today I feel like a total bloated mess !!!
Did go to the beach today which was nice and kids loved it and they had Mac donalds on the way home as I didnt want to cook when I got in .
My 6yr old ( special needs) had his peadiatrician appointment the other day and because he has low muscle tone I've got to keep an eye on his weight as it has gone up too much since the last time she saw him ,so I have sort of started doing sw for him too, but nothing drastic just healthier choices as he loves his food !!!
Hopefully we can both stay on the wagon this week :)

Hello ladies, I'm back from my hols :) did anyone miss me?

So many newbees on here.......Hello all :welcome:

Not sure how weigh in will be on Thursday (decided there's no point having a sneaky look beforehand. I wasn't so much bad on holiday, it's just hard when someone else is doing all the cooking and they wont to make traditional dinners for you (plus you know what mums are like for things like 'please just have one more' then puts 3 more on your plate) We stayed with my boyfriends family and every dinner time when i'd say 'that's enough thanks' his mum would look said and say 'you don't like? Isn't it good'

When we ate out i tried to pick as healthy as i could, but Polish food isn't exactly known for being low in calories! On the plus side we did loads of walking! and i mean serious hills and mountain walking, so hoping that will have counterbalanced it - will keep my fingers crossed for Thursday.

How are you all doing?

Hxx

Hello ladies, I'm back from my hols :) did anyone miss me?

So many newbees on here.......Hello all :welcome:

Not sure how weigh in will be on Thursday (decided there's no point having a sneaky look beforehand. I wasn't so much bad on holiday, it's just hard when someone else is doing all the cooking and they wont to make traditional dinners for you (plus you know what mums are like for things like 'please just have one more' then puts 3 more on your plate) We stayed with my boyfriends family and every dinner time when i'd say 'that's enough thanks' his mum would look said and say 'you don't like? Isn't it good'

When we ate out i tried to pick as healthy as i could, but Polish food isn't exactly known for being low in calories! On the plus side we did loads of walking! and i mean serious hills and mountain walking, so hoping that will have counterbalanced it - will keep my fingers crossed for Thursday.

How are you all doing?

Hxx

sorry, miss hp, who are you?:thinking2: do we know you???

sorry couldnt resist that one.:rotflmao:

Just weighed in again and I'm still the same as Thursday,which is probably ok as I haven't been on plan :(
So if I have a loss on Thursday it won't be a loss if you know what I mean ?
Happy Monday everyone :)

Tracy831 said:
Just weighed in again and I'm still the same as Thursday,which is probably ok as I haven't been on plan :(
So if I have a loss on Thursday it won't be a loss if you know what I mean ?
Happy Monday everyone :)

Yes it will be a loss cos anything less than Thursdays weight is a loss in my book. You've had * week and then a munchies moment which just lasted a little longer than expected and that's usually due to * week finishing. Well known fact that sugars change during that time PLUS I'm a nurse and so you can trust me. Xx

It wasn't even that I had the munchies,it's just been a s**t last couple of days ,and i just cooked what I had,last night I didn't even have dinner.

But seeing as you are a professional I will trust you lol :)

Ahh pebbles :wave_cry: cheeky saying you don't remember me ;)

Hope everyone's having a good evening.

Where can i find that spiced apple cake recipe, it looks lovely.

Hxx

MissHP said:
Ahh pebbles :wave_cry: cheeky saying you don't remember me ;)

Hope everyone's having a good evening.

Where can i find that spiced apple cake recipe, it looks lovely.

Hxx

Hi hp, it's on our recipe thread, pebbles and the gangs great grub recipes . Can't paste the link for you at moment cos on my phone

Here you go hp

SPICY APPLE CAKE
serves 8
5 syns per serving on all plans

3 eating apples
2tbsp lemon juice
finely zested rind of 1 lemon
3 large eggs separated
2 oz/57g caster sugar
4 oz/ 113g self raising flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 level tbsp reduced sugar apricot jam

1)preheat oven to 180c/350f/ gas4
grease and line a 7in cake tin (i used round)

2)halve the apples core and slice thinly. place in a bowl along with the lemon juice and rind and toss together.

3) whisk the egg whites until stiff, add sugar and egg yolks and whisk until thick and creamy.sieve in the flour and cinnamon and gently fold in using a large metal spoon, take care to retain as much air as poss.

4) spoon half mixture into the tin, and gently press half the apple into the mix. add remaining mixture and then top with remaining apple.

5) bake for 45-50 mins (i did mine for 40 and that was enough). until brown, risen and firm. - or test with a skewer or knife.
allow to cool, lift out of tin on greaseproof and brush top with the jam (i forgot this bit ! )

divine! kids had it with squirty cream, i just had it with a cuppa.

Right eh Ho my lovelies. How are we doing this fine tuesday torrential rain morning.?

Spent the day mostly in the garden yesterday. Kids cooked their first roast dinner for us under minimal guidance and it was fab. Another day on plan for me so I'm hoping for great things x

Hey all.. Had a rubbish food day yesterday.. Hardly ate at all.. Wasn't hungry so didn't notice I hadn't eaten.. So I missed brekkie.. Forgot to have it.. Had 2 toast that I forced myself to have for lunch.. then had a choco & latte cake slice thing for a snack.. The skipped dinner as I was out n about n not hungry so forgot.. Then had a WW desert mousse thing.. So my daily intake was 13 our of 30 propoints.. NOT good!!
Hope you are all doing better than me.. :D

Thanks Pebbles, it sounds lovely. Think i'll make it at some point this week. I love baking and try not too with everything being so calorific! I know there are plenty of recipes on here but so many contain sweetners and sweetner gives me the really bad shakes.

HP xx

MissHP said:
Thanks Pebbles, it sounds lovely. Think i'll make it at some point this week. I love baking and try not too with everything being so calorific! I know there are plenty of recipes on here but so many contain sweetners and sweetner gives me the really bad shakes.

HP xx

Can you use sugar and add syn value?

Last edited:
Think thats what i'll do, I sometimes make 'normal' cakes and just work out the syn value before hand - but usually means only getting a tiny piece for something like 10 syns so not always worth it :D

HP xx

Good evening on this 'weigh in eve'. How has everyone done?. I'm on day 4 of 100%, doing ok at the moment but I've got a pub lunch tomorrow with my old aunts so I'll still choose wisely- please let there be something to choose ! Hood luck everyone. The circus is leaving town tonight - what on earth is next ? X

So here we are another week another weigh in . I'm pleased as I've lost another 2lb this week. Now on 12 St 10. Another 6lb for my 2stone mark.

Sadly the circus left town but I am sure we have a new adventure heading our way.

This weeks rules, try 3 new recipes, keep an eye on that water intake, 8 glasses a day !!!!! Oh yes ! 8!

Exercise - tues fri sun this week with a daily report of what you've done, doesn't matter how much you do or what it is.

Tips this week - drum roll please. Tips on How to survive a week on plan without cheating.

Tip 1 - plan your day so you don't have to grab whatever's around

Tip 2 - measure out your cereal, cheese etc into hex allowances so when you prepare your meals it's already Weighed.

Tip3 - have a snack box and label it mums / debs/ vivs snacks so the rest of the household don't touch it. Label each low syn snack with syn value. Use mini size bars.

Tip 4 - write everything down that passes those lips, then you'll stay on track

Morning all.. I had a STS this week.. Bit gutted but hoping it was coz I had a pasta dinner last night and its not been digested yet :eek:( Will try the scales again tomoro just for piece of mind (lol)
Good luck to all yet to WI and WELL DONE Pebs.. That's a great loss :D

Well done pebs u worked really hard for that ,I on the other hand have apparently put on another 3lb.

Rules this week look pretty good,I like the one about weighing stuff out already,I used to do that many moons ago on Rosemary conely,and it did really help,well I lost over 4st on it !!!

And I just remembered this morning about the recipe for your daughter,I will inbox it to you today :)

Good luck to everyone else xx

Back