Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Morning girls.....
Had a weird week and hoping for a STS.
We decided after four years away to move back to the UK and I'm freaking out.
Will people back home look at me and think 'fat expat?' can I lose this last stone? I don't know....feel a bit odd. So so pleased we are going home but we go in four weeks and there is so much to think about and organise
I've been awake for hours thinking things over so I'm probably not making sense

Morning girls.....
Had a weird week and hoping for a STS.
We decided after four years away to move back to the UK and I'm freaking out.
Will people back home look at me and think 'fat expat?' can I lose this last stone? I don't know....feel a bit odd. So so pleased we are going home but we go in four weeks and there is so much to think about and organise
I've been awake for hours thinking things over so I'm probably not making sense

Wow Clara lou - that's a big decision and with such short notice no wonder you're not sleeping!

Fat expat???? You're only just over 10 st - hardly fat particularly by obesity standards these days - sounds like you're going to be busy over the next few weeks which could mean big losses for you but also quite difficult to plan and tempting to just grab something convenient.

Hope you won't be too busy to come on here - where in the uk are you returning to?

Good luck with your WI!

Debs154 said:
Wow Clara lou - that's a big decision and with such short notice no wonder you're not sleeping!

Fat expat???? You're only just over 10 st - hardly fat particularly by obesity standards these days - sounds like you're going to be busy over the next few weeks which could mean big losses for you but also quite difficult to plan and tempting to just grab something convenient.

Hope you won't be too busy to come on here - where in the uk are you returning to?

Good luck with your WI!

Hi debs
We have beautiful house in pyrford, a little village in-between Woking and Guildford. I am really looking forward to going back. Don't get me wrong living in oman has been a great experience it's a truly beautiful country but it was only ever going to be a few years so I have never considered it 'home'
I know im not huge but I used to be a size 8/10 and before we left the uk I had lost four stone and just never got around to losing the last stone and a half.
Don't think I will too busy to come on here, sometimes it's what gets me through, just being able to write down all the random thoughts really helps.

Both my boys have school places and I'm hoping that by September they will both be at the same school so that should make life easier, living in the sun is great and I never thought I would get fed up with the heat but I miss the change in seasons and being able to go outside even when it's pouring with rain!!
Very exciting but very scary at the same time. It will be so lovely to have my family so near by and to be able to walk everywhere.
I think I will be able to keep to plan, just think it will be easier for me to just go back to basics like jacket potato and pasta...easy and quick. In the past I have turned to food when I am stressed or emotional but I do feel now that I am more in control and having all you girls around me wishing me well ( and the fact I have to post my WI results)will keep me away from temptation.
I also struggle to realize I have lost four stone...it's like my body can obviously feel the difference but my mind still thinks I am a size 16/18.... I wonder if I will ever be happy with my weight and body shape.....I can but try.
Sorry to go on and on...thanks for listening. Xxx

Clara lou that's fab news, they'll be good and bad points about leaving and staying but as long as you're happy that will be all that counts. Your weight loss has been great and as for people calling you fat- ha, you don't need them in your life. If at any time you think you are fat then you can do something about it, people like that are bigotted and ugly and there's nothing they can do they will always be ugly! I live near Kingston not far from Guildford , and we had beautiful warm sunny weather but now we have rain for a few days. It's very spring like here at the moment just what you've been missing. It's really great to have you on here. Busy time ahead for you but how exciting xx

Kankles said:
Yeeeaahh well done pebbles! Blooming great.

No results from some of the other ladies? We seem to be losing them :-(

I have got everything crossed for tomorrow. I really really really tried this week, I got in more red days, I drank a hell of a lot more water than I think I ever have, I made sure I had my Hexs and I used a minimum of 5 syns per day! Sooooo I better of flipping lost something this week!

I want at least 2 to take me to my next goal. I'll be a very happy bunny if I can do that.

Good luck Friday weighers x x x

Where has everyone gone. Quite sad. Probably my sense of humour, not everyone gets me.

So let's have it kank! I'm busting to see how u did x

Hi Ladies -
I'm not sure where we are meant to start.. so hopefully here is okay?
I'm an online SW member - 6 months on and off now!
I've lost 40lbs and have another 50lb to go - would like to do that ny August, but its going to be tough!
I'm trying to get re-started after a bit of a wobble - I weighed in yesterday and will be weighing in on Thursdays from now on
Hope I can join you
Nats

Hi Ladies -
I'm not sure where we are meant to start.. so hopefully here is okay?
I'm an online SW member - 6 months on and off now!
I've lost 40lbs and have another 50lb to go - would like to do that ny August, but its going to be tough!
I'm trying to get re-started after a bit of a wobble - I weighed in yesterday and will be weighing in on Thursdays from now on
Hope I can join you
Nats

hi nats, great to have you. please join in. all we need you to do is post your weigh in on a thursday and we'll do the rest. so its 40lb lost so far that fantastic. well done you. :clap:
if you need a laugh we are the gang for you. also kankles has a great food diary with her menu plan, and i have my very wacky diary with ideas for meals and tips. just click on the blue link after each of my posts. good luck and welcome to the gang.

Hi nats Well done so far on your weight loss. Welcome to the crazy gang.

Hi pebbles. Having an odd day today. Been at the pool so been in my bikini most of the day (ugh) and I wish I could see myself the way others do. Hubby saying I look great and friends this week saying 'Why are you on a diet you are tiny (yeah right)' and yet I still feel huge.
I am lightest I have been for years but Although I can feel it in my clothes my mind just cannot see it. Is that normal? I really wonder if I will be happy when I get the last stone off. Sorry to prattle on but I'm just feeling a bit odd

Hi nats Well done so far on your weight loss. Welcome to the crazy gang.

Hi pebbles. Having an odd day today. Been at the pool so been in my bikini most of the day (ugh) and I wish I could see myself the way others do. Hubby saying I look great and friends this week saying 'Why are you on a diet you are tiny (yeah right)' and yet I still feel huge.
I am lightest I have been for years but Although I can feel it in my clothes my mind just cannot see it. Is that normal? I really wonder if I will be happy when I get the last stone off. Sorry to prattle on but I'm just feeling a bit odd
can i suggest that for years you told yourself you were fat, or even described yourself as worse. most of us women look in the mirror and we dont see what others see- we are disgusted by what we see, am i wrong? i think i speak for most women. so you need to get that self image back to reflect what others see in you. crumbs if your hubby is telling you look great then girl you are one lucky woman. you are great and what you are feeling is normal, but that was the old you and the new you needs to love your new self. when you come home, you'll need to find something to do for you ! something that makes you feel more self worth cos honey you are certainly doing great and are worth it!

Thanks pebbles....you are right. I think it just takes a while for your mind to catch up with your body image. My hubby is great but says I don't believe him when he compliments me..that is true to a certain extent. I have loads of things planned for when I get home, finally get to have my own garden and veggie patch. Just being able to have more choose of what to cook rather than what's available and all in the comfort of my fabulous kitchen....unlike the versace inspired kitchen that I have here !! Why do us girls beat ourselves up about body image? I'm never going to be as bit as I was....I will NEVER allow that to happen.
Thank you for the kick up the bum I sorely needed.
Will let you know what the scales say tomorrow......
Xx

pebbles67 said:
Where has everyone gone. Quite sad. Probably my sense of humour, not everyone gets me.

So let's have it kank! I'm busting to see how u did x

1 lb for me peeps. Gutted gutted gutted. Don't know why, tried my best. I know it's a loss but really wanted 2lb.

Hi everyone

I'm back! I've not been far just working loads, off work for a few days when I lost my voice and just generally felt rubbish. I'm sorry I have not posted for ages but it looks like everyone is doing brilliantly.

I have been back on track for a week now after my major binge that made me put on 8LB in total. How can that happen? I was only eating crap for a week and a half (was * week too). Anyway back on track now and I think I have managed to loose some of it. I admit it I weigh 2 or 3 times a day (whenever I go to the bathroom) I know I shouldn't but I do.

Any nice plans for the weekend? or Clara did you have a good weekend?

Looks like lots of lbs gone this week so well done to you all.

x

Kankles said:
1 lb for me peeps. Gutted gutted gutted. Don't know why, tried my best. I know it's a loss but really wanted 2lb.

Oh buddy don't be disheartened, it's a lb off not a lb on poppet. I know how hard you've tried but keep it up it'll show soon x x

Omg pebbles I used to live in Roehampton which is a number 85 busride away from Kingston, but now I live in Suffolk, how weird is that x

Back