Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

I really need to up my activity, can't wait until pay day so I can go buy jogging pants etc to start the C25k. Waiting for January pay day is awful, I don't know why they pay us so early in December!?

Hey everyone, I'm just popping in to say hello - I'm afraid to say that I'm back on the wagon, because if I do it might be about the tenth time that I've promised that since Joe was born and I still haven't managed it. I really don't know quite what is wrong with me or where my motivation was gone. I'm fatter and lazier than I ever was and am talking about making it better but not doing a lot about it. I am joining WW on Thursday in the hope that I will get my motivation from there - I would prefer Slimming World, but there are still no SW groups down in Cork. I really want to start running this year as well, but first I have to be able to walk the route comfortably before I can run it! It's really nice to see that you guys here have managed to stick with it. Sometimes I wonder if I would have stuck with it if I hadn't gotten pregnant, but then I wouldn't swop Joe for anything, so that's stupid talk!! I haven't been able to find work since my maternity leave ended so my budget has been tighter than I'd like but worse than that, I've been quite down about it, which is not my usual mindset - normally I'm really positive about things but I've been in this mire of being fat, nothing fitting and no money to replace them. I haven't had my hair done in ages, and just feel pretty crap. God, this really is a miserable post!! Anyway, hopefully I'll get the will together to motivate myself and maybe if I start to see a little loss it be the arse kick I need to keep going!!!

Hey everyone, I'm just popping in to say hello - I'm afraid to say that I'm back on the wagon, because if I do it might be about the tenth time that I've promised that since Joe was born and I still haven't managed it. I really don't know quite what is wrong with me or where my motivation was gone. I'm fatter and lazier than I ever was and am talking about making it better but not doing a lot about it. I am joining WW on Thursday in the hope that I will get my motivation from there - I would prefer Slimming World, but there are still no SW groups down in Cork. I really want to start running this year as well, but first I have to be able to walk the route comfortably before I can run it! It's really nice to see that you guys here have managed to stick with it. Sometimes I wonder if I would have stuck with it if I hadn't gotten pregnant, but then I wouldn't swop Joe for anything, so that's stupid talk!! I haven't been able to find work since my maternity leave ended so my budget has been tighter than I'd like but worse than that, I've been quite down about it, which is not my usual mindset - normally I'm really positive about things but I've been in this mire of being fat, nothing fitting and no money to replace them. I haven't had my hair done in ages, and just feel pretty crap. God, this really is a miserable post!! Anyway, hopefully I'll get the will together to motivate myself and maybe if I start to see a little loss it be the arse kick I need to keep going!!!
Hey Smurf.. Good to hear from you. Hows Joe doing?
Don't worry.. You'll get there.. Your is just playing catch up :)
Tracy's doing WW at them minute and I'm also here so if you have any Q's, holler :)
Have swapped to SW but obviously been doing WW the last 2 years so have some knowledge...

Hey buddies , checking in to see how everyone is and to say I think I'm back full steam now. Taking less painkillers now but that could change when I go back to work tomorrow. I'm dreading it to be honest cos I'm worried I'll do too much, thinking I'm ok.
So, I started Friday and have stuck to plan everyday so that's 3 days 100%. Will pop meals on recipe thread .

Smurfy I am delighted to see you popping in here, honey you are not lazy and you're not fat. Don't care what you say, they are merely a state of mind and we can change that. Stick with us and we will see you through I promise . No one says you gotta stick to anything all day every day, so just ease in slowly if u want. Every day on it is better than a day off plan. We'll look after u smurfy. Xxxxx

Hey Pebs.. All good here.. been on plan all weekend despite my drama..
Had a accident in the house on Saturday whereby the back boiler (in the back of the fire place, which we didn't know was there) exploded in the living with us sitting cosy on the sofa in front of it... So after 6 hours in Triage with Jonathan (i get away OK) I went home to bed, tho got no sleep as the front window was shattered in the drama and Jonathan was still in the hospital.. I hardly ate yesterday as there was so much to do with the clean up and getting Jonathan's prescription n that sorted.. Only had dinner.. Not a great dinner (tasted great!) but was in my friends house, her mother insisted I come, but wasn't the worst.. Was roast beef, roast potatoes, veg and a small yorkshire pudding... So the only bad was the roast spuds.. But they're syned so all good :)

Oh girls, thank you for the warm welcome back - mad how you can disappear from months on end and still be welcomed back like the prodigal!

Dubchick, that sounds like a stressful sort of weekend - you are fabulous to have stayed on plan throughout - that's very inspiring. How is Jonathon? Will your insurance cover the damage?

Thanks for asking about Joe - he's doing really well, nearly 10 months now, 6.5 months corrected. He had a rough enough Christmas with severe bronchiolitis - he was on steriods and is still on an inhaler. He's on the synergis programme (a series of 6 vaccines over the winter) which is supposed to protect against it but he has it anyway!! He's a good baby though really cheerful even when he's feeling miserable. I'll put up a picture of him later - he's quite the cutie if I say so myself!!

Pebs, you've been though the wars too haven't you? Do you feel ready to go back to work tomorrow? Try to take it asily - your job is so manual and physically demanding.

Thanks for the support - I'm joining Unislim (an Irish version of WW) tomorrow night, because I want to get started right away and I need to be accountable to someone. Hopefully I'll have a nice juicy weightloss to report next week. I'll keep checking in here in the meantime int he hope that it willl keep me on track!

Oh my god dubs, are u ok? How worrying, is Jonathan ok ? Anything I can help with on a medical note just shout . Bloomin eck will everyone just stop with the accidents now please!!!!
Well done on sticking to plan in the midst of that lot xx
Pebs I don't know how but I got away without a single scratch. Jonathan on the other hand has shattered his humorus bone so is in allot of pain but other than that he's OK thank God and whoever else was watching down on us...
House is a bit of a mess but not too bad considering.. The main damage is to the fire place/chimney breast but we'll know the extent of that damage tomoro. The sofa has a few melted spots on the seat cushion but the back of it is fine.. Jono's Mam bless her took the cushion covers off and washed them to see if we can salvage it temporarily (Altho I'm sure it'd be covered by our insurace) and the glass in the living room window blew out with the pressure.. They needed replacing anyway so just means getting it done a few weeks earlier than planned (We'd planned on sorting them out next month when Jonathan was off work.. Now he's off work anyway for at least 6 weeks but can't do a thing.. so his brother will do them for us)
We have our insurance ppl coming out tomoro to assess it so I s'pose we won't really know til then if its covered.. Should be.. 90% sure it is.. But you just don't know, do you?!

Oh girls, thank you for the warm welcome back - mad how you can disappear from months on end and still be welcomed back like the prodigal!

Dubchick, that sounds like a stressful sort of weekend - you are fabulous to have stayed on plan throughout - that's very inspiring. How is Jonathon? Will your insurance cover the damage?

Thanks for asking about Joe - he's doing really well, nearly 10 months now, 6.5 months corrected. He had a rough enough Christmas with severe bronchiolitis - he was on steriods and is still on an inhaler. He's on the synergis programme (a series of 6 vaccines over the winter) which is supposed to protect against it but he has it anyway!! He's a good baby though really cheerful even when he's feeling miserable. I'll put up a picture of him later - he's quite the cutie if I say so myself!!

Pebs, you've been though the wars too haven't you? Do you feel ready to go back to work tomorrow? Try to take it asily - your job is so manual and physically demanding.

Thanks for the support - I'm joining Unislim (an Irish version of WW) tomorrow night, because I want to get started right away and I need to be accountable to someone. Hopefully I'll have a nice juicy weightloss to report next week. I'll keep checking in here in the meantime int he hope that it willl keep me on track!
Heyyy.. Where's our pic of the little man??
Boo to him being so poorly. Poor little mite.. Nothing worse than a baby being ill.. He sounds like a tough one like his Mammy, battling thru it n keeping on smiling :)
Good luck at UniSlim hun.. :) xxx

Smurfy , joe is gorgeous , you've done a fab job there. Great that you've joined group. Stay with us honey , we'll keep you on track. I know you've loads of recipes but if you need any of the old favourites I logged them all under my recipe thread ' pebbles and the gangs grub recipes'
It's really fab to have you back.

Dubbers what a pain for you all that hassle in your new nest, and poor Jon . Ere! What about pup? Hoe it all gets sorted quick.

Tracy you ok my little chum?

So, weigh in day looms, I've had a great week so far, stuck to plan and love planning my meals. Done mostly green this week and I've a new dish for you :-

A very quick and easy lunch and extremely yummy.

Cheesy mushroom & spring green jacket
------------------------------------------
I made it just for myself so double up on quantities if needed.

1 jacket potato
6 mushrooms sliced
1 large leaf of spring green or Savoy cabbage shredded finely
1 tsp mustard( I used wholegrain)
30g cheese (I used some cheddar & chive from a slab I had left over from Xmas)
3 tbsp milk
1 clove garlic sliced

Cook jacket potato, then spray a pan with fry light add mushrooms and garlic, cook 2-3 mins until brown, remove from pan, frylight again and cook spring greens for 5 mins until tender. Mix mushrooms into greens and put on top of jacket. In the pan add the cheese grated, the milk and mustard and heat until cheese is melted, stir continuously to stop it from curdling. Pour on top of mushrooms and serve with black pepper and a sprig of coriander.
Free on green & extra easy, add 6 If not using cheese as healthy extra. X

image-1614584222.jpg

View attachment 74782

Hopefully, that uploaded ok!! As requested Dubchick! The cause of all my troubles!!!

I joined my slimming club tonight so am motivated tonight - it's really similar to slimming world so I should be able to use a lot of my old recipes!
OMG... What a cutie pie... I just love that toothless smile... Gorgeous little man.. :)

Smurfy , joe is gorgeous , you've done a fab job there. Great that you've joined group. Stay with us honey , we'll keep you on track. I know you've loads of recipes but if you need any of the old favourites I logged them all under my recipe thread ' pebbles and the gangs grub recipes'
It's really fab to have you back.

Dubbers what a pain for you all that hassle in your new nest, and poor Jon . Ere! What about pup? Hoe it all gets sorted quick.

Tracy you ok my little chum?

So, weigh in day looms, I've had a great week so far, stuck to plan and love planning my meals. Done mostly green this week and I've a new dish for you :-

A very quick and easy lunch and extremely yummy.

Cheesy mushroom & spring green jacket
------------------------------------------
I made it just for myself so double up on quantities if needed.

1 jacket potato
6 mushrooms sliced
1 large leaf of spring green or Savoy cabbage shredded finely
1 tsp mustard( I used wholegrain)
30g cheese (I used some cheddar & chive from a slab I had left over from Xmas)
3 tbsp milk
1 clove garlic sliced

Cook jacket potato, then spray a pan with fry light add mushrooms and garlic, cook 2-3 mins until brown, remove from pan, frylight again and cook spring greens for 5 mins until tender. Mix mushrooms into greens and put on top of jacket. In the pan add the cheese grated, the milk and mustard and heat until cheese is melted, stir continuously to stop it from curdling. Pour on top of mushrooms and serve with black pepper and a sprig of coriander.
Free on green & extra easy, add 6 If not using cheese as healthy extra. X

View attachment 74786
Pebs puppy was fine.. He'd been sitting in front if it from the time it was lit but moved only minutes before.. Must have sensed something or the heat from back boiler got too much for him or something but thank God he moved when he did.. Our next door neighbour took him in overnight for us while we were at the hospital and brought him on a HUGE walk before they dropped him home.. He nearly didn't want to come home as he was having so much fun.. The little bot that lives in there was out playing with him all morning.. He loves playing football (the dog that is) so was delighted with himself to have someone to play it with..

Its a massive pain but do you know what? I don't care about the house.. We're all OK and so lucky.. The house will take time to get cleaned up and decorated.. Even longer now Jonathan's out of action but its just a house... Amazing how little you care about things that previously seemed important...

morning all,and welcome back sus,your little man is so sweet :)

hey pebs,glad you are feeling better.
i havent been on much coz i've been a bit fed up.
i weighed in last week and it appeared i had gained 2lb doing ww all week.nothing i do seems to let me loose weight i just dont understand.i have had to change my hospital appointment again as i still
havent lost anything since last may,and i cant go back till i have lost some weight.
i am going to the docs tommorow to see if there is anything they can suggest,and also to see him about my knee because it has got a lot worse and i've had enough of that as well,i can barely bend my right leg and the pain is just constent :(

am glad you are all on track tho :)

dubs glad you werent seriously hurt and hope jonathon gets well soon :)xxx
Thanks hun... We were extrememly lucky :)

Sorry you're feeling so fed up.. Hopefully the doc can give you some answers.. You've had your thyroid n that checked yea?? Could maybe be something like that?? I know only too well how frustrating it can be when you're trying but nothing's happening.. Last year I felt like throwing in the towel so many times as I just kept losing and gaining the same couple of pounds.. Thankfully things seem to have started shifting again for me tho.. I was losing the plot trying n trying and getting nowhere... xxxxxxx

Thanks hun... We were extrememly lucky :)

Sorry you're feeling so fed up.. Hopefully the doc can give you some answers.. You've had your thyroid n that checked yea?? Could maybe be something like that?? I know only too well how frustrating it can be when you're trying but nothing's happening.. Last year I felt like throwing in the towel so many times as I just kept losing and gaining the same couple of pounds.. Thankfully things seem to have started shifting again for me tho.. I was losing the plot trying n trying and getting nowhere... xxxxxxx

yeah dubs had it all checked out last year and the nurse said she couldn't see a problem as to why i wasn't loosing,so don't know,its definatly not for the want of trying !!!!!!

yeah dubs had it all checked out last year and the nurse said she couldn't see a problem as to why i wasn't loosing,so don't know,its definatly not for the want of trying !!!!!!
Maybe ask to be retested??
I only say that coz a woman in the SW group mentioned last week she's waiting for an appointed for her 3rd time to be tested... Like yourself she said she's tried everything, from WW to UniSlim to SW and nothing is working.. So she's insisted they retest...

Oh Tracy I don't know what to say, I really feel for you and the pain must be so tiring. Did you try orlistat? It's the drug that helps you lose weight and is often given in surgeries to help weight loss before an operation. It's quite effective but also aggressive on fats. So basically if you have any fat, you'll get diarrhoea! The gp might let you try it for a few months. Worth asking.

Dubs , many things in life put everything into perspective and I've always said these things happen for a reason. I have a huge amount of bad luck but I always come back to the same conclusion - at least we are ok! It's my most popular saying and the kids have picked up my viewpoint too which is nice. As long as your little family are ok then everything else can be rebuilt.

Enjoyed this week immensely - god knows why. Had beef stir fry with oyster sauce , and egg fried rice yesterday for dinner was lovely. Breakfast today had muesli, yogurt and nectarines, lunch was the best lunch ever. I had a joes sausages ( pork and black pepper) with fried onions, sandwich with mustard mayo - it was to die for. Dinner was cauliflower cheese and left over beef stir fry. Looking forward to weigh in.

Good luck people for tomorrow and Friday xxxxxx

Morning everyone, I have just weighed in and I've STS. I am totally gutted, I have been 100% on plan and to top it off my OH has lost 4lbs! I don't have periods but I know that I can still get the water retention so I am hoping that 's what it is, I do feel a little bloated but I didn't know if that was because I've had 'toilet trouble' for 2 days, I have marked it as a star week just so I can monitor it.
Good luck with WI today everyone xx

Morning morning my beautiful weighers. Pleased delighted and just wetting my pants to announce a 5lbs loss for me this week. Heading off into the next week with gusto and determination and I'm ready to take you with me ( like it or not) so saddle up as we head into the American week with enthusiasm. Tracy and dubs you will remember these themes which spurred us on before. ( watch out! major pebbmeister is back) for our gorgeous new ladies hold tight and prepare to take a whistlestop tour on the stagecoach to slimville.
So the challenge this week , should you choose to accept it, is to come up with as many American themed dishes as you can within your budget/ cupboard ingredients etc.
so, tomorrow we are having slimming world KENTUCKY fried chicken. Saturday we are having COWBOY RANCH PIE. Etc.

Who has skipped with the water due to the freezing cold? I did yesterday, so get back on the wagon and grab those water bags cos the coach is leaving soon and you have a place booked in the saloon on a water drinking competition.
Good luck for weigh ins xxx

Back