Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

I had cowboy pie last night made by Jono's lovely Mammy.. Was so nice :D
I also came home to her making me a cup of tea and taking slimline milk out of the fridge which she'd bought specially for me as she knows I'm "trying to be good" Bless her.. I felt so bad her getting me stuff especially.. But was touched by it too... So nice...

ahh thats so nice of her. and where missy is your picture of the cowboy pie? well done thats an extra mark for you this week. ive just found a recipe for king ranch chicken casserole so im going to try it, basically its onions, peppers, chopped chicken breasts, tomatoes, bit of chilli powder and some low cal creamy chicken soup, topped with corn tortillas. but im going to adapt it and use taco shells broken up as thats only 2 syns each or even a couple of packs of ww nachos which are low syn too. xx

another couple for our american theme if anyones looking for recipes.

SOPHIES YARIBA YARIBA MEXICANO RICE
low fat cooking spray
quorn pieces
1 onion chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped & deseeded
1 carrot chopped finely
2 garlic cloves (or garlic granuels work fine)
1 tsp paprika
pinch of chilli flakes
1 tsp dried rosemary
6oz (175g) brown basmati rice (although long grain works fine too)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of red kidney beans in chilli sauce
salt & pepper

Lightly coat a casserole dish with low fat cooking spray and brown the quorn pieces with the onion, pepper and carrot and fry for 4-5 mins

Stir in the garlic, spices, rosemary, and rice and fry for 1 minute, add the tomatoes and 350ml (12 fl oz) boiling water

Season well, bring to a simmer and cover. Reduce the heat to a very low setting and cook for 15 mins.

Stir in the kidney beans and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes

Enjoy :) It does make enough for 4 good portions, with wedges, corn on the cob and a dollop of pretend sour cream! (Fromage frais with salt & pepper and garlic!!)

chicken and chorizo jumbalaya.
oh yum oh yum and so creamy like a risotto.
try it you'll love it.

ok adjust the amounts accordingly but i basically did enough for 3 servings, 2 fairly large servings and a smaller one for packed lunch.

i used a pack of chorizo which i found in iceland 70g for £1, already in slices but i then quartered them (3 syns each serving)
325g pack of sainsburys chicken thigh fillets, cut into large chunks
1 red onion chopped
1 crushed garlic clove
1 celery stick sliced
1 green pepper sliced
150g long grain rice
200ml hot chicken stock (1 chicken oxo in water )
half tin chopped tomatoes
2tbsp chopped thyme

dry fry the chorizo, and the chicken, the chorizo is very oily so dont add frylight. cook until the chicken changes colour on all sides. (about 4 mins).
transfer to a saucepan. drain any oil away.
cook the onion for 2 mins, then add garlic, celery and pepper, cook for 3 mins stirring. then add to chicken.
stir in the rice, add the stock, the tomatoes season and stir. cover and simmer for 20 mins. have another batch of hot stock ready to top up if rice needs longer. i used another 75mls. when cooked, stir in some thyme and serve.
it was damn gorgeous. gonna be doing this again. another example of how you can adapt almost anything to a sw recipe.

SLIMMING WORLD KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN
---------------------------------------------------------
I used a bag of 10 mini breast fillets, if using drumsticks then boil them in water first until cooked.
5 tbsp chicken bovril paste
1 egg
1 crushed clove of garlic or 1 tsp garlic granules
2 tsp of ground black pepper
2 tsp of mixed spice
1 tsp of mild chilli powder
4 slices of bread
2 tsp of mixed herbs

Place bread and mixed herbs into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish .
Put bovril paste in a bowl and mix in the egg, garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste

Switch oven onto high and spray a tray with frylight.
Dip chicken into gloopy paste then into breadcrumb mix and onto tray. Spray again with frylight and bake for 10 - 15 mins or until cooked.

image-1339010477.jpg

Hiya gang how's everyone doing ?

Had a lazy Saturday watching films with the kids and planning meals and shopping lists. Popped out to lidl for a few bits.
Had a cheese mushroom omelette for brunch and for dinner we had a steak pasty Made with smash, veg and hash browns.

image-2444167202.jpg

SLIMMING WORLD KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN
---------------------------------------------------------
I used a bag of 10 mini breast fillets, if using drumsticks then boil them in water first until cooked.
5 tbsp chicken bovril paste
1 egg
1 crushed clove of garlic or 1 tsp garlic granules
2 tsp of ground black pepper
2 tsp of mixed spice
1 tsp of mild chilli powder
4 slices of bread
2 tsp of mixed herbs

Place bread and mixed herbs into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish .
Put bovril paste in a bowl and mix in the egg, garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste

Switch oven onto high and spray a tray with frylight.
Dip chicken into gloopy paste then into breadcrumb mix and onto tray. Spray again with frylight and bake for 10 - 15 mins or until cooked.

View attachment 75245
Fricken YUM.. Will defo be making this soon as I'm back home...
Hiya gang how's everyone doing ?

Had a lazy Saturday watching films with the kids and planning meals and shopping lists. Popped out to lidl for a few bits.
Had a cheese mushroom omelette for brunch and for dinner we had a steak pasty Made with smash, veg and hash browns.

View attachment 75415
Hiiii... Sorry am not on much ATM.. No internet access at Jono's parents house :( Sux...
Weekend wasn't great.. Just about to go online to add up my syns but had a bottle of sparkling rose wine Saturday.. Then yesterday we had a DVD night and I ate a share bag og spicy onion rings, a bag of onion rings, some Dime Milka bar, and some Galaxy (we bough a 4 pack of these, I had a half bar.. Jono had 2 and a half bars!!!!!!!) Whoops... All written in my tracker tho... So not lying to myself which I sometimes would do :( (hangs head in shame)
Hope you all had a lovely weekend and managed to stay more on track than I did? x

Sounds like my kinda weekend! Dubs get some of those Special K crisps if you can they're salt n vinegar, sweet chilli or sour cream and onion. They come in a cereal type box, and are 95 cals so 4.5- 5 syns for 23g which gives you a decent amount ( about 21 crisps)

Yes make that KFC it's yummy but Tracy won't agree lol xxx

image-430926866.jpg

Here's a pic of my snacks I got.

Sounds like my kinda weekend! Dubs get some of those Special K crisps if you can they're salt n vinegar, sweet chilli or sour cream and onion. They come in a cereal type box, and are 95 cals so 4.5- 5 syns for 23g which gives you a decent amount ( about 21 crisps)

Yes make that KFC it's yummy but Tracy won't agree lol xxx

View attachment 75799

Here's a pic of my snacks I got.
Ooh must pick up those.. Not seen them here yet so hopefuly can find them :) xx

I'm afraid my weekend was more like Dubber's than yours pebs - I was very good mealwise, but had chocolate both weekend nights - I ate it consciously too! But it was definitely a dodgy weekend - time of the month, two sick kids and limited sleep, so I'm being kind to myself. I'm down about 5lbs since I kicked my own butt so I might get away with it! I'm not going back to Unislim - it would be throwing good money after bad - we're going to have a family weigh in instead! I'm swotting up on my slimming world - it's mad to think that you can forget after it was so ingrained but I suppose it's over a year since I did it properly! For now, I'm cooking some meals from Operation Transformation (it's a slimming show here in Ireland that follows 5 people being helped to lose weight - I suppose it's like Biggest Loser, but less sensational and they are not competing for anything) The recipes are nice - today's is a chicken, brocolli, butternut squash bake......

Wow well done smurfy on your loss. I think you're right about not going back to that group.

Lunch smoked salmon with Philly on ryvita, carrot. And coriander soup

image-571283943.jpg

American week day 4 for me and its New York chicken & bacon melt, jacket with Philly mushrooms and sprouts

Strawberry Greek muller and strawberries & blueberries

image-1163296388.jpg

Can you tell me more about that chicken and bacon? Is it on the recipe thread? I remember making it last time I was on the diet. I must plan a few days menus this morning - my mother is coming to mind Joe for an hour later so that I can get my walk in and do my grocery shopping.....

Can you tell me more about that chicken and bacon? Is it on the recipe thread? I remember making it last time I was on the diet. I must plan a few days menus this morning - my mother is coming to mind Joe for an hour later so that I can get my walk in and do my grocery shopping.....
Was gona ask the same.. Loving the sound of that chicken n bacon melt... MMMMMmm

How are you finding sw Dubchick? What days do you do?
I LOVE it... Wish I changed over months ago.. I'd probably be at goal now instead of a year of playing with the same few pounds but trying none the less...
ATM I'm only doing EE days.. Only been at it 2 weeks (Class WI this evening so that's my second week done)
Will stick with EE days for another week or so and see how I go.. Then when I'm settled back at home I'll give red n green a go.. I love it tho.. Am being so much more imaginative with lunches n even brekkie has had a shake up.. Before it was porridge Mon - Fri for brekkie.. This morning I had 2 nimble toast, fat free cottage cheese with chives n onion, sliced tomato and some red onion.. YUMMY.. Its been hard this last week with staying at my BF's parents so having no control over dinner, but I've mostly stuck to plan.. With the minor blip of wine n some munchies.. :D

I loved it too - found I put much more effort into my cooking! I did ee to start but didn't lose well - I think it was eating too much. Can you share some lunch ideas? I need to pop into the shop for lunch supplies and could do with inspiration!!

I loved it too - found I put much more effort into my cooking! I did ee to start but didn't lose well - I think it was eating too much. Can you share some lunch ideas? I need to pop into the shop for lunch supplies and could do with inspiration!!
This week I'm being pretty boring and just have ham salad.. Its the easiest ATM.. Last week was pasta with sweetcorn, chicken, bacon and light ceasar dressing.. Baked potato with (leftover) bolognese/meatballs n grated cheese.. noodles with (leftover) stir fry veg.. with & without chicken as had it 2 days..
TBH I know I dont have to weigh out pasta n rice, but I do.. I could easy eat a double portion without a second thought, when a 40g portion fills me nicely.. So for lunch my pasta n rice portions are 40g.. for dinner i'll have a little extra n have 50 r 60g, depending on how hungry I am..
Same with potatoes.. I know 1 medium sized potato fills me, so that's all I allow myself.. And I try to think about how full I'm feeling while I'm eating so I stop when I'm satisfied, and not when my plates been licked clean.. So I am still conscious of things that SW tell you to forget.. Just because I know my dangers...

I think you have the right idea with that! What's your group like? There still aren't any in Cork. I might have to open one myself!!
You totally should.. I only got to stay for 1 meeting so far.. With all that happened the weekend before last I never got to stay and won't again tonight.. But yea was OK.. Nothing like a WW meeting.. She went round calling out everyone's WI results and asking what they'd done differently to acheive the good loos/gain and what their plan was for the coming week.. There's a table of Free Food items laid out to give you ideas too.. Its grand.. but I'd defo be asking for my result (good or bad) to be called out.. I wouldnt' be a good group speaker at all..

My weekend was full of wine and I am very ashamed of myself because I have no excuse other then time of the month and to be honest Ive been having those for 20 years so I should have got over it by now. If I manage to stay the same this week it will be a minor miracle and probably completely due to the fact that I have had ham salad for lunch all week and stuck to 8 syns or less a day - yes that is how much I drank and it was red wine :sigh:

Back