Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

well done em, keep going youre doing great xx

Well done everyone :).

1lb lost here, would have been more but I know where I went wrong... Really seem to struggle on a weekend :(

hey girls, have i missed RB's post, ? just doing table for this week and i cant find it. RB - you there? anyone heard ?

loving the sound of the garlic frylight trace.
and ive looked at the pop chef- you truly are as barmy as me. ive just had the 'book man' here at work delivering a load of .....yes books, but also other bits he brings and theres this tortilla shaper baker thing, so i just had to have it. no wonder im flipping broke all the time. its a metal tin shaped like a round fluted flower. so you lie the tortilla wrap in it, then bake it in the oven and when you remove it , it sits up and you can fill it with all sorts of things for a yummy dinner.
it looks like this

image-403077281.jpg

so yesterday after i weighed, went to work and had breakfast a t break time which was magic porridge and raspberries. then one of the girls came in saying it was her last day and bought us these!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image-2257184098.jpg

no shame ! honestly !

but on a plus she brought these,

image-964032913.jpg

so i had them whilst watching the others all piling lbs on their hips thighs and chins. lol.

then lunch came around quickly thank goodness and im loving these edamame bean salad pots , ive found them in marks and waitrose so far, but i dont think many people buy them as they are always reduced, which is when i buy them!! couldnt afford it otherwise, theyre about £3 a pot .
dinner was quick, i had a beef casserole in the slow cooker all day so we ran in ate, ran out to a drama production for little one, then ran back in. and i ran straight up to my cup of tea and mint kitkat chunky which was yelling for me. the kids were pushed aside and trampled on in my stampede to reach the solitude peace and tranquility of my guilty pleasure. woe betide them if they disturb mummy on thursday night around 8pm,!

null_zps3cdf3288.jpg

Last edited:
hey girls, have i missed RB's post, ? just doing table for this week and i cant find it. RB - you there? anyone heard ?

loving the sound of the garlic frylight trace.
and ive looked at the pop chef- you truly are as barmy as me. ive just had the 'book man' here at work delivering a load of .....yes books, but also other bits he brings and theres this tortilla shaper baker thing, so i just had to have it. no wonder im flipping broke all the time. its a metal tin shaped like a round fluted flower. so you lie the tortilla wrap in it, then bake it in the oven and when you remove it , it sits up and you can fill it with all sorts of things for a yummy dinner.
it looks like this

View attachment 123661

You do know that you could bake a tortillia over a bowl in oven and get same effect !!!!!!
But not the same as having the gadget to do it lol !xxxxx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Need to admit that yesterday was a v bad day. Had lunch out with my Mum and sister and then went to a quiz last night. Consumed too much wine and cheese and biscuits (on top of jacket and beans dinner!). Had a fun day but need to get back on track today.

Need to admit that yesterday was a v bad day. Had lunch out with my Mum and sister and then went to a quiz last night. Consumed too much wine and cheese and biscuits (on top of jacket and beans dinner!). Had a fun day but need to get back on track today.

And actually a lovely treat to finish the week , so don't be feeling bad, cos you deserved it . Xx

Happy Saturday everyone. Dubs have you finished work now?

Here's yesterday's menu, but I wained towards the end of the day ?.

Won't make the same mistake again today.was a tough ' anniversary' and needed to soak myself up in a kit kat but after that it was done and I soaked in a hot bath and cuddled up in my onesie and kicked back til bedtime. Today is the next day so I'm all good .

Great lunch too , had home made tomato & basil soup and a cheese topped whole meal roll in the halogen, scrummy . Just doing a batch of swede, carrot coriander and chilli soup in my maker .
Xxxxx

Happy Saturday everyone. Dubs have you finished work now?

Here's yesterday's menu, but I wained towards the end of the day ?.

http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/123debsyt/media/CAE1B316-D6A8-4226-8768-3DAB07C3CB78.jpg.html

Won't make the same mistake again today.was a tough ' anniversary' and needed to soak myself up in a kit kat but after that it was done and I soaked in a hot bath and cuddled up in my onesie and kicked back til bedtime. Today is the next day so I'm all good .

Great lunch too , had home made tomato & basil soup and a cheese topped whole meal roll in the halogen, scrummy . Just doing a batch of swede, carrot coriander and chilli soup in my maker .
Xxxxx

Hi pebs. Yea finished up yesterday :)
Bring on baby... Am done waiting now :)

Pebbles you and your kitkats - had to laugh at the stampeding over the kids to get to it. I wasn't prepared today - we went to a farm - yes we do have the odd farm here but nothing like what we are used to - a camel and a few goats and chickens but kids get excited. I didn't take lunch cos didn't think we would be there long - never making that mistake again. I sat and watched kids eating chicken nuggets and chips while hubbie munched his way through the best looking sandwich - probably wasn't that great but my salivating mouth def though it looked amazing. Meanwhile I drank coffee and looked around the naff gift shop. Got home at 530 and never cooked dinner so quickly in all my life ! Lesson learnt.

Dubs - enjoy this time - its very special. x

Pebbles you and your kitkats - had to laugh at the stampeding over the kids to get to it. I wasn't prepared today - we went to a farm - yes we do have the odd farm here but nothing like what we are used to - a camel and a few goats and chickens but kids get excited. I didn't take lunch cos didn't think we would be there long - never making that mistake again. I sat and watched kids eating chicken nuggets and chips while hubbie munched his way through the best looking sandwich - probably wasn't that great but my salivating mouth def though it looked amazing. Meanwhile I drank coffee and looked around the naff gift shop. Got home at 530 and never cooked dinner so quickly in all my life ! Lesson learnt.

Dubs - enjoy this time - its very special. x

I know , what am I like- sad isn't it. I'd sell my kids for a kitkat chunky so long as it was mint ! but! It has to be accompanied by a steaming cup of black tea to enjoy it to the full.

Well next time scoobe you'll take a picnic and no one will want to stay for lunch - always the way .

I have to tell you, so grab a coffee and sit comfortable while I tell you a story........

my lifelong ambition for as long as I can remember from kiddie age was to ride a camel. I never thought I'd get chance . But about 12 years ago I lost a baby, my saviour in a very sad time was my then 3 yr old son, without him to focus on I wouldn't have had the strength to carry on. I needed something else to focus on though and as I was a midwife , throwing myself into work wasn't the answer I needed as that was too close . So I joined a candle selling company - partylite. I became a consultant and did parties in homes and this was the focus I needed, I gradually climbed the ranks and built a really good business up which I managed alongside my son, and my work , but the housework suffered lol!
anyway in growing my business I recruited other mums and gained points for my earnings. The company launched a prize whereby if we raised enough earnings and recruits we could achieve a once in a lifetime trip to ................................................................yes you guessed it Dubai !!!!!!
Oh my god ! I was elated but thought it was so out of grasp. Well it was obviously ' my turn' as a year later I was on an emirates plane with 139 other achievers heading for a trip in a million on an all expenses paid weeks holiday .
We were spoilt rotten, stayed in an amazing hotel and went on many excursions to souks and dune rides in jeeps. The best trip was an evening excursion to a Bedouin camp where we had henna tattoos, a fabulous meal, and guess what ????? The chance to ride a camel !!!!!! I climbed aboard and I sobbed my little old heart out with complete amazement whilst strutting along in front of all my colleagues . They took loads of photos of me and I appeared in the company magazine with the heading ' partylite makes one consultants dreams come true in Dubai'
There ! I would love to do it all again.

And on that note with tears in my eyes - here's my dinner 'pebbles chilli piggy pasta '

Loved your story pebs,my kids rode camels when we went to Turkey the other year,I didn't coz I didn't want to kill it lol !!!!
Food looking good as usual xxx

Pebs, am I to understand that you have - an actifry, a halogen oven, a soupmaker and now a yoke for moulding wraps??? What have I missed??!!

Dubs, hope you're enjoying your mat leave? Although I suppose it will be Monday morning before it really kicks in......you'll be tucked up in your bed while the rest of us face the day!!

Tracy, I'm sure the camels have seen much bigger bums than yours! Touching story though Pebs!!

I've had a funny few days - I had a meal out with work on Thursday after school. I prepared well for it - just having yogurt and fruit before it. I deliberated over the menu - there was a pasta dish that would have been ok - but I decided to really treat myself and have steak and vegetables wrapped in a pizza bread and served with chips and salad. I didn't eat the chips, but I horsed into the bread. I didn't have wine or anything though - I stuck to water. Have been virtuous since then and it doesn't seem to showing on the scales. What decided me on ordering the dish I really wanted was the fact that I rarely go out but since then, I have three occasions coming up - my friends are coming up from Cork for dinner Thursday night - we're supposed to be going to a restaurant but I'm hoping to talk them into coming here instead....., then hubby and I are away for the night next Saturday and my sister and I have a morning at the spa next Tuesday and are going out for lunch afterwards, so I'll have to try and be good. I went to the shops today - ended up in three supermarkets, one department style store and a hardware store.

I have my food planned for the week and all my shopping done - I've a huge pot of speed soup made for lunches, and I'm going to boil a ham tomorrow - the day will be spent doing lesson plans and making resources for the week.....

Oh smurfy you made me laugh. Yes I have-
a halogen ( had that about a year - love it)
an actifry ( over a year - love it)
a soup maker ( a week old- love love it)
A chip cutter
A rice cooker
A potato ricer
A pineapple corer
A slow cooker
A bread maker
A food processor
3 mini choppers of various sizes
A panini machine
A teas made
A nespresso coffee machine
An ice cream maker
A meat slicer
A cupcake maker
A pasta machine
A range cooker
A microwave
And a cuddly toy. Good game good game, look at the scores on the doors anthea, and no one is going to know what I'm on about lol xxx

I do :p

And your gadget list is as long as mine,except I don't have the soup maker,but do have a quesadilla maker,and an electric cookie press lol !!!!!!!xxxx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back