Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Tracy831 said:
Well done susmurf,megs and Lorraine that's brill:)
Come on megs it's ur turn to put us all to shame next week !!!!! Xxx

I can hear Queen playin loudly in my head "under pressure....." lol x

It always amazes me that it takes so long to loose the lbs,but a week to put it all back on.
I've put on 6 of the 12 that I lost,and I seem to be loosing the motivation too,so I know exactly how you feel :(

Hi Tracy

I know how you feel. I have been trying to follow SW online but have just given up as was no help at all. Don't like the idea of going to a group (or don't have the time) but have joined this forum to try and give me some inspiration.

I am now heavier than when I started SW a few months ago so am now struggling to fit into holiday clothes for next weekend. Even went as far as buying size 16 shorts yesterday. Have sworn its the last thing I buy in that size.

Do what I hope to do and put it all behind you and start afresh.

Hello and welcome Sara26 - Good luck with SW.

Hi Kankles good to see you back.

Pebbles - ooh i get a virtual medal for my walking :D

Well I woke up with a whole new sw attitude today! 100% MissHP here i am :) I've told my boyfriend that I want him to check in with me on how many syns are in something when he sees me eating something that isn't free. Looking back at the last few weeks I thought i've been good but actually i haven't been weighing my HEA's & HEB's just guessing! When i weighed my reduced fat cheddar at lunch time it was at least half the amount i've been eating and counting as one HEA!! Also found out the little chocolate bars i've been having (that i thought were 5 syns) are 7.5syns. I can still have these things but i'm going to weigh healthy extra's and double check syns.

I'm aiming for 2.5lbs off this week.

We're going to Cornwall tomorrow morning for 5 days, but we're staying in a self catering chalet, so i have no excuses to not stay on track.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hxx

Sara26 said:
Hi Tracy

I know how you feel. I have been trying to follow SW online but have just given up as was no help at all. Don't like the idea of going to a group (or don't have the time) but have joined this forum to try and give me some inspiration.

I am now heavier than when I started SW a few months ago so am now struggling to fit into holiday clothes for next weekend. Even went as far as buying size 16 shorts yesterday. Have sworn its the last thing I buy in that size.

Do what I hope to do and put it all behind you and start afresh.

Hi sara and welcome.
I am back on track now and lost 7 lb this week so that has motivated me alot,but I do understand how you feel.
Hopefully now u have joined us ( our boot camp leader,pebs) will keep u on the straight and narrow !!!!!! Lol
Good luck this week xxx

Just polished off a pack of Quorn Roast Chicken style slices while sitting in front of the tele, whoopsie...my bad

Fruit wise 2day i've been a real fruit bat. I've had Banana, Strawberries, Pineapple, Apple, Pear & Melon lol x

I've been fruit a loop today too, blueberries, grapes, nectarine , banana, apple, then cabbage brocoli carrots courgettes peppers oh my oh my. 5 a days! Make that 10!

Isn't it great to have our old pal back, kanks. It's like the old days again with us 3 charlies angels eh trace?

So BBQ ideas it is then.

So if on a green:
Veggie kebabs,
courgettes peppers, mushrooms onion quarters,sweetcorn cobs all skewered onto a kebab stick, place into a dish or tray and sprinkle with pebbles dash-o-powder. Made with tsp garlic powder or granules, pinch chilli powder, 1/2 tsp ground Ginger, tsp mixed herbs , mix together and sprinkle over then BBQ.

Jacket with filling, quorn sausages, burgers, meat free chicken breAst. Tesco do a really nice ' bbq meat free' frozen range.
Don't forget eggs! Boiled eggs alwAys go well with a barbie.

If on a red use a b for a jacket and fill with laughing cow (1/2 a) then save some cheddar (1/2 a) for a cheeseburger. Made with mince, an egg, mixed herbs, chopped onion. Use another b for a burger bun. Lots of salad. Low fat low syn sausages, any BBQ meat, chicken pork steak, prawns.

Bananas- slit skin open down one side poke chocolate buttons in and wrap in foil place on BBQ yummy

I'll be back with more x

madhousemum said:
BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper.

balsamic vinegar and worcestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq,.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

Watch this space x

yeah it is good to have kanks back pebs,i like the idea of being a charlies angel too lol !!!

when i make bbq sauce i also use the above stuff but i also add in quite a lot of diet coke and garlic and onion powder. xxxx

Tracy831 said:
yeah it is good to have kanks back pebs,i like the idea of being a charlies angel too lol !!!

when i make bbq sauce i also use the above stuff but i also add in quite a lot of diet coke and garlic and onion powder. xxxx

Thanks for the tip I've still not done the diet coke chicken xx

Heres my favourite things for syns this week: Uncle Bens Express Rice pouches, Mini Milk lollies & Activia Intensely Creamy, Porky Pear Ice Lollies, Quorn Chicken Style Dippers.
What are we loving for syns these days?

Off out to a friends tonight for her birthday , she can't get a babysitter so we are staying in (fab - that's easier than negotiating a menu) plus! She can't cook so always puts a pizza in the oven and puts out lots of crisps . So- I suggested I cook and bring it all with me .

Have made a spicy tomato pasta sauce, a sw gammon quiche, and a chicken and pepper curry (random choices I know) but there's 6 of us and we can have a buffet type meal. The hostess is doing a salad, rice and some potatoes and someones getting naan and poppadoms and garlic bread to go with her usual pizza. So it's an extraeasy day for me and I'll steer clear of the naan and pizza .

Tracy831 said:

Me too , which one would you like to be ? I think kanks should be the blond one and you and I be the brown haired ones. Sabrina and ..... Whatshername .

pebbles67 said:
Me too , which one would you like to be ? I think kanks should be the blond one and you and I be the brown haired ones. Sabrina and ..... Whatshername .

That would suit me ,I think her name was Kelly ??:)

So an amazing week this week with our losses. Keeping with the 5 a days , the glasses of water and the 3 days of exercise. Stay with the plan you did this week 3 red 2 green and your choice at the weekend. Then the following week we will change it slightly.

Menus - I will add a few more ideas along with some more BBQ recipes.

I'll be Drew Barrymore frim the modern version of the angels, shes the most natural :) Of course Cameron Diaz is a stunner, but Ry would complain about up top or should i say the lack of up top lol, lol.
Went running with Callie tonight in the rain, Ry didn't come the wimp, us gals are hardcore! :-D So i'm just out of a warm bath & into a fluffy bathrobe...ahhh bliss.

It's no good. Tracy I made the diet coke chicken tonight, I did what the recipe said cook chicken in pan til browning, add teaspoon Chinese 5 spice, then add diet coke. I only had 2 small chicken breasts so I used half tin but I did use pepsi max not diet coke. Anyway I didn't get sticky BBQ type sauce , it did evaporate but it just dried put the chicken. There wasn't a sticky sauce bit in the whole cooking thread help. What am I doing wrong trace ?

Back