Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Not done too bad on the water today - 1 litre down - 1 to go - ok not every hour but better than most days!
Can I count a fibre plus bar as the bran element?
5 portions of fruit or veg - no syns yet but I'm not hungry really - made red lentil soup then found out only green lentils are SS
Planned how NOT to eat popcorn when I take my grandson to the cinema tomorrow - have shopped and planned for the next 2 days too - right more water!

Debs154 said:
Well done Clara lou - yep boot camp for me too!

How's the packing going?

Hi debs....it's total mayhem.....so much to do as well as business as usual re school etc. Trying to do as much as I can before the packers come in as well as sort things for the house in the UK before we arrive. Great exercise but mentally exhausting. Glad I managed a STS this week tho
X

oh well done girls, im so proud of you, debs youre a star, keep it going, and yes fibre plus bar is fine. just be careful any of you with irritable bowel etc, dont want to upset anyones tummies if you are prone to it with bran products.

im away in chichester , west sussex for those who dont know, for a night away from it all as kids are at their dads. so havent managed the water thing but will buy bottles today wen out. yesterday did 5 a days, when im back tomoro i'll do some soup. will be walking alot tomoro so i'll use that as my stairs exercise cos i am not so sure it'll go down well in this hotel if i march up and down the step.

come on boot campers we can do this. debs- marks and spencers do a low cal popcorn if youre near. havent got my syns book handy but work out with the cals. 20 calories being 1 syns.

went to prezzo restaurant last night when we arrived here. i had chilli tiger prawns- cooked in a tomato chilli sauce - so thats fine, OH had calamari -! bad!
i had chicken breast grilled with mushroom and wine sauce with a huge mixed salad, refused the dauphinioise potatoes and fries or jacket.
did have a small glass of rose wine, but refused pudding and had a black coffee.
today were going exploring and so will probably grab a sandwich somewhere. tonight will be a whatever we stumble upon but will keep on plan. lots love to you all .
major bumkicker
(im with you every step guys.)

Morning everyone.

I have been working so much over the last week with marking and reports so sorry for not being around. Well done on the loses or sts everyone. Thanks for the talking to, I will try the water but can't do exercise as I foster at weekends so mega busy.

I lost 1 lb today so pleased with that would have liked 1 stone but nevermind maybe next week.

Going on holiday on monday only eating out one night so it's slimming world all the way. Gonna try scuba diving and taking the bikes so should still get a lose next week.
X

Morning everyone.

I have been working so much over the last week with marking and reports so sorry for not being around. Well done on the loses or sts everyone. Thanks for the talking to, I will try the water but can't do exercise as I foster at weekends so mega busy.

I lost 1 lb today so pleased with that would have liked 1 stone but nevermind maybe next week.

Going on holiday on monday only eating out one night so it's slimming world all the way. Gonna try scuba diving and taking the bikes so should still get a lose next week.
X

Well done Sarah - wow fostering and teaching - you're really busy - I'm a p/t school administrator but they're looking at developing me to full time business manager so fingers crossed for that - I'm loving the long school holidays but can't really manage on p/t

Have a lovely holiday.

Pebbles I'm drinking water as we speak and got SS soup on the cooker

See how rubbish we all were when you were away for a bit...............no pressure like lol

I'm really going to go for it this week - I want 3lb next week so I'm in the 12s

Making spicy chick peas for the cinema and will take Alpen lights

Am taking my grandson out for food for his birthday too today so will have to choose carefully

Good luck to all the people who haven't weighed yet!

Hi debs....it's total mayhem.....so much to do as well as business as usual re school etc. Trying to do as much as I can before the packers come in as well as sort things for the house in the UK before we arrive. Great exercise but mentally exhausting. Glad I managed a STS this week tho
X

I can imagine! It's a big thing moving whole continents in 1 month - stressful!

Good luck!

Debs154 said:
I can imagine! It's a big thing moving whole continents in 1 month - stressful!

Good luck!

Hi debs.....yeah I didn't really think it through...I'm sure everything will get done in time. Just a shame normal life goes on, I could get so much more done as I have spent the last two hours blowing eggs and painting them for the school's annual Easter egg competition...not like I have anything else to do eh?

Have not given a thought to dinner tonight but I only had lunch at 3 so think a fruit salad may suffice. Hubby making dinner for the boys tonight so I can get on with packing.
Have a lovely Saturday. X

Ok girls I have to make a confession. After a few tough weeks in work, 3 weeks of insomnia, and another dreadful loss this week, I've had my first blip and gone way off plan.

Today I took my mum out for the day with some of my friends and we had a pub lunch. I kept looking at the salad on the menu but it's so long since I've had anything really naughty and I've been feeling at bit down about my losses. Ok so I know a naughty pub lunch won't help the weight loss but I really just needed a pick me up and for once just to relax and enjoy myself and not worry about the syn value.

I ended up having the rack of ribs and chips (although I did only eat about 5 chips as I was full). I think it did more good than harm because i had a lovely day, I was able to relax and enjoy myself and it's also made me realise that actually it's ok to have an off day now and then and that I shouldn't be so hard on myself. This is my first in 11-12 weeks.

On the plus I was so full from lunch I couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day.

I really needed that downtime as I was starting to get frustrated & disheartened but I don't want to give up, I've come a long way, ok maybe slower than I'd have liked but it's all been in the right direction so far. So tomorrow I am back on plan, with a BBQ and lots of salad.

Thanks for all your support, I really appreciate it x

pebbles67 said:
Kankles, now weigh yourself and see what happened. XXXXXXXX I bet there's a loss x

1 lb 4 oz on!!! but I have a glass of squash and 2 cups of coffee this morning before I weighed. Not sure whether this would affect it??

Ok girls I have to make a confession. After a few tough weeks in work, 3 weeks of insomnia, and another dreadful loss this week, I've had my first blip and gone way off plan.

Today I took my mum out for the day with some of my friends and we had a pub lunch. I kept looking at the salad on the menu but it's so long since I've had anything really naughty and I've been feeling at bit down about my losses. Ok so I know a naughty pub lunch won't help the weight loss but I really just needed a pick me up and for once just to relax and enjoy myself and not worry about the syn value.

I ended up having the rack of ribs and chips (although I did only eat about 5 chips as I was full). I think it did more good than harm because i had a lovely day, I was able to relax and enjoy myself and it's also made me realise that actually it's ok to have an off day now and then and that I shouldn't be so hard on myself. This is my first in 11-12 weeks.

On the plus I was so full from lunch I couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day.

I really needed that downtime as I was starting to get frustrated & disheartened but I don't want to give up, I've come a long way, ok maybe slower than I'd have liked but it's all been in the right direction so far. So tomorrow I am back on plan, with a BBQ and lots of salad.

Thanks for all your support, I really appreciate it x

I completely agree with you Kankles 11/12 weeks is a really long time to be so restrictive - a day off now and then is good for the soul!

I hope you really enjoyed it - and like you say you'll be back on plan today - I look at it as a marathon not a sprint - sometimes a gain is what we need to spur us back in to action - it has for me this week - so onwards and downwards and good luck for this week :D

Thanks debs, I really really enjoyed the meal. It was such a lovely day we had a nice stroll in the woods with the dog and then we sat in the beer garden to eat lunch. Haven't done that in ages.

Back on plan today. BBQ, salad & batchelors rice. EE day today. I resisted quarter pounder burgers & normal sausages. Stuck to chicken & steak.

Drinking my squash, not quite managed 1 per hour more like 1 every 2 hrs but it's a start.

Will try the stair exercises later once my food has settled.

Will be planning my menu for the rest of the week later x x

Hi all......mmm I knew this day would come....clothes are feeling a lot looser and I've hit the wall.
I really want to get down to 9st something but feel I don't have the motivation to get there....but I really really want to...
I have just made the biggest pan of veggie soup and I'm hoping that will keep me on track as there is enough that I can snack on when I feel the urge....oh I really want to lose the last bit. It's like Deja vu I always get to this point and then stop and regain all that i have lost.
Here's hoping I can get back into the groove!

Hi all......mmm I knew this day would come....clothes are feeling a lot looser and I've hit the wall.
I really want to get down to 9st something but feel I don't have the motivation to get there....but I really really want to...
I have just made the biggest pan of veggie soup and I'm hoping that will keep me on track as there is enough that I can snack on when I feel the urge....oh I really want to lose the last bit. It's like Deja vu I always get to this point and then stop and regain all that i have lost.

Oh Clara lou - I think we all sympathise with where you're at.

It really is so difficult to stay motivated day after day sometimes - it's almost for me like I have to switch off from food and just treat it like fuel......but we all obviously love food or we wouldn't be here in the first place.

You have lost an enormous amount of weight in the past so you must have found that motivation from somewhere then.

I really hope that today is a one off and you get your mojo back tomorrow - you are so incredibly busy at the moment too so I imagine not a great deal of time to plan for the week and it sounds like you have quite a social life too which is the thing that always lets me down.

So lots of empathy from me but I wish I could offer something really motivational to say - stay on here and let us know how you get on :hug99:

Clara lou said:

Hi clara lou. You do have more motivation than you think. You made a huge pot of SW soup when you could have snacked or made something completely off plan. That shows you're still committed to losing the weight.

I know you say you've got to this level before but then stopped and all the weight back on again. Just think about how that made you feel, and having to go from the start line again.

Try and find something that motivates or inspired you to want to keep on track. For me it was realising I was hiding behind cardigans when I was the girl that loved shopping and pretty little summer clothes before I gained the weight. I didn't want to be the person to hide myself anymore or to make excuses to go clothes shopping knowing I'd again gone another size up.

Don't be too hard on yourself, I hope you can work through this off patch, believe me I know how you feel x x

Morning girls!

Feel much better today....motivation is back!
Just having couscous for lunch and then jacket pot with beans and salad for tea.
Really want to be 9 st something when I land back in England......17 days and 4 lb to go...I can and will do this.
Thanks for your kind words
Xx

Hi everyone have not had a very good couple of days really , mainly because I haven't planned for myself very well.
Went to London to visit relatives on Saturday and started off with good intentions and took fruit and syn free stuff to eat on way down and then stuffed it up at lunch with sandwiches and mayonaise and then Chinese for dinner :(
Yesterday was mainly good until about 12 o'clock last night when I just had to have a marmite sandwich !!( which was disgusting)
On the plus side I have been drinking my water and going for walks but am gonna get on track again today cos I do not want another gain on Thursday and don't want to be yo yoing forever !!!
Well done to everyone else who has stayed on plan xxx

Back