Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

a new potato dish for your weekly menu

mexican potatoes
800g (1lb 12oz) potatoes cut into cubes
fry light
1 finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped garlic clove
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne

if required as a dip - soured cream or low fat yogurt or low fat creme fraiche whatever you can afford to use syns on.

boil potatoes for 5 mins, meanwhile fry onions in fry light for 8 mins, add garlic and spices then fry a further 2 mins.

drain pots and add to onion mix. turn up heat shake potatoes around so they coat themselves. cook for 10 mins mnore until cooked. serve with dip sprinkled with cayenne pepper.
pot 001.jpg

A wee heart wrenching story for u girls. Ryan's sister is staying with us for 2 days, we had been away checking out interview locations for her & when we got home Ryan had mqde us a "free dinner" At this point i should mention his sis also does SW.
So...he'd made us Tesco meat free Lincolnshire sausages, fresh mushrooms cooked in Tesco finest passata & pasta. Anyway Melissa (his sis) started tellin him off saying this wasnt free & he couldnt eat it as she had used syns in town earlier with me. I didnt get involved as they bro/sis squabble all the time, but his wee face! Lol. & bless him he'd used my 2011 free branded foods SW book to find out wat was free, so i think hes rite & it is a free dinner on green (which me & Mel are both on) Opinions??? Ryan needs ur backing lol xx

Lol, i know, he assures me there was only 4 ingredients, mushrooms, tesco finest passata, tesco meat free lincolnshire sausages & pasta spirals boiled. Man cooking :-D ...so we're claiming the victory (silently) & trusting the 2011 free book x

Looked up the sausages (obsessive) 0.5 syns each on Green, aw...almodt a free dinner. Apparantly theyre is a "retaliation" free dinner planned for tomoro eve...bring it on, may ask Mel to stay permanently (evil laugh). It's goodnight from me & the masterchef lol, sleep tite all <3

hey there guys, how are we all doing, tried the mexican potatoes i put on here yesterday and was yummy, very spicy so if you dont do spice cut it down a bit. lovely with a chicken breast and a salad. we had a spoonful of coleslaw too. naughty but nice, it cooled the spice a bit.

fed up with salads?

try my OH YES YOU CAN RECIPES

quick and easy recipes using canned ingredients

quick and easy chicken ratatouille bake
serves 2 30 mins.

use potatoes as a heb on red, the chicken as a heb on green or free on ee

frylight
4 chicken thighs
560g can potatoes
390g can ratatouille
1 tsp dried oregano
heat frylight in a pan add chicken and brown on both sides. remove and set aside. add potatoes (no need to chop if want to leave whole thats fine) cook for 2 mins, add chicken again and ratatouille sprinkle on the oregano and stir to combine. transfer to an ovenproof dish and cook for 30 mins gas 6 / 200c/400f

quick and easy veg hotpot
serves 4. 30 min cooking
green/ee day
3 large potatoes thinly sliced
1 red onion finely diced
2 crushed garlic cloves
100ml veg stock
410g can mixed pulses
can tomatoes or passata

heat oven gas 6/200c/400f
place potatoes in large pan bring to boil for mins then drain. heat frylight and fry onion til soft. add garlic, stir in the toms, stock and pulses, heat through then pour into casserole dish. arrange potatoes on top and season well. bake for 30 mins. delicious served with fresh crusty bread but us slimming worlders love it with salad! who needs bread! (falling on floor drooling over a loaf of thickly buttered farmhouse bread)

spicy bean salad - lovely hot or cold
15 mins cooking, serves 4

1 red onion diced
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 tsp cumin seeds/or 1 tsp cumin powder
1tsp chilli powder or 1 small red chilli chopped
20g fresh coriander
1 romano pepper chopped
410g can pinto beans
415g can baked beans
if you dont have cumin or chilli powder then add 1 tsp of curry powder instead.

heat pan add fry light, fry onion til soft, add garlic fry 1 minute, add cumin, chilli chopped coriander and pepper and fry for 1 min. add beans and simmer for 10 mins.

serve in a tortilla wrap if you have the syns available or on a jacket

pebbles67 said:
hey there guys, how are we all doing, tried the mexican potatoes i put on here yesterday and was yummy, very spicy so if you dont do spice cut it down a bit. lovely with a chicken breast and a salad. we had a spoonful of coleslaw too. naughty but nice, it cooled the spice a bit.

fed up with salads?

try my OH YES YOU CAN RECIPES

quick and easy recipes using canned ingredients

quick and easy chicken ratatouille bake
serves 2 30 mins.

use potatoes as a heb on red, the chicken as a heb on green or free on ee

frylight
4 chicken thighs
560g can potatoes
390g can ratatouille
1 tsp dried oregano
heat frylight in a pan add chicken and brown on both sides. remove and set aside. add potatoes (no need to chop if want to leave whole thats fine) cook for 2 mins, add chicken again and ratatouille sprinkle on the oregano and stir to combine. transfer to an ovenproof dish and cook for 30 mins gas 6 / 200c/400f

quick and easy veg hotpot
serves 4. 30 min cooking
green/ee day
3 large potatoes thinly sliced
1 red onion finely diced
2 crushed garlic cloves
100ml veg stock
410g can mixed pulses
can tomatoes or passata

heat oven gas 6/200c/400f
place potatoes in large pan bring to boil for mins then drain. heat frylight and fry onion til soft. add garlic, stir in the toms, stock and pulses, heat through then pour into casserole dish. arrange potatoes on top and season well. bake for 30 mins. delicious served with fresh crusty bread but us slimming worlders love it with salad! who needs bread! (falling on floor drooling over a loaf of thickly buttered farmhouse bread)

spicy bean salad - lovely hot or cold
15 mins cooking, serves 4

1 red onion diced
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 tsp cumin seeds/or 1 tsp cumin powder
1tsp chilli powder or 1 small red chilli chopped
20g fresh coriander
1 romano pepper chopped
410g can pinto beans
415g can baked beans
if you dont have cumin or chilli powder then add 1 tsp of curry powder instead.

heat pan add fry light, fry onion til soft, add garlic fry 1 minute, add cumin, chilli chopped coriander and pepper and fry for 1 min. add beans and simmer for 10 mins.

serve in a tortilla wrap if you have the syns available or on a jacket

Why did you have to mention bread and butter !!!!!!!!:( x

Hey sorry not been on had crazy week my little girls 3rd birthday and yes I resisted the cake not had the best weekend as eaten out 3 times!! And a take away!!! But back on it tomorrow morning!!! Xxxx

Thanks Pebbles

Arghhh crusty white bread.....if only it was syn free! I darn't even buy bread at the mo. I love white, but love wholemeal and granary too, just wish there was a nice one you can have two proper slices for a healthy B rather than the bread that are like air!

xxxx

hi everyone

I'm Kayl, I restarted SW last week on Thurs, so this Thurs will be my first weigh-in but after a terrible first weekend I'm not holding my breath!!!

I'm going to Tenerife 9 weeks this Thurs so want to try lose a good amount by then, feeling nervous about wearing a bikini ... Not in front of strangers (who cares what they think!), or in front of my partner (he has seen it all before) but it is my first holiday with friends .... THEM I care about seeing me in a tiny 2 piece!!

So any help along the way would be greatly appreciated, I will, of course, try to repay the favour!

Love & light

hi girls

hey, im hoping to join your thurs weigh-ins ..
im re-joining class this week to hopefully lose post baby weight gain and what i had to lose before i was pregnant! so about 5-6 stones .. ouch!!
im going back to work friday bigger than what i left @ 8 months pregnant :sigh:

Thank you for the welcoming :)

Feeling nervous for tomorrows weigh-in!!
I have not peeked all week so it is a total surprise :D

Last edited:
KittyKatKayl said:
Thank you for the welcoming :)

Feeling nervous for tomorrows weigh-in!!
I have not peeked all week so it is a total surprise :D

I'm sure all will be ok.good luck :)

Back