Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Oh and welcome Donzy!! How are you getting on?

Hi gettin on good in my 5th week have 8 off could be better but happy once its going down

Oh my oh my. Lunch was divine , so much so that I'm going to recreate the dish. Cod with ginger, spring onion and soy ! Simply gorgeous . It was a buffet, but one where you form a queue and you are served a portion of everything on offer, by the chefs . So I happily accepted the steamed cod, I also had some rocket, grated carrot, tomatoes, peas and corn, ( extra easy day then! ) i managed to decline politely a portion of lasagne, the rice, jacket potatoes , bread rolls, but I had to accept a spoonful of spinach ravioli .

image-2848408631.jpg

I resisted the chocolate & cream gateau , the death by chocolate cake, profiteroles , white chocolate and lemon cake, apple pie and cheesecake . And I had some fruit and a mini lemon tart.

image-3400788123.jpg

Xx

I've had such a crap day - not too bad on the diet but I'm having an awful time with my 5 year old at the moment - she's throwing the most awful tantrum, defying me one minute, all love and cuddles the next. Led to a fall out with my mother then because she wasn't to have any treats today and she gave her ice cream and buns. Am at my wits end. I came home from work tired and hungry (joe was up last night too - bloody teeth) and straight into the teeth of another tantrum. I was so close to just breaking out the bread, chocolate - anything to help me deal with it. I did have a handful of peanuts but other than that I managed to hold off.

Smurfy you are an absolute star for not giving in to the temptation of food, it has to be the hardest job I know of trying to bring up kids and instilling good manners, right from wrong, politeness, blah blah blah, and all the time having to keep your cool when really you want to scream out loud like a dimented banshee . Talk about push you to your limit , and mine still do daily! And they're 15 and 10.
When Ben had a tantrum ( he was into postman pat at the earliest one) I looked towards the window and said ' oh well that was a shame because while you are behaving like that postman pat just walked past the window and now you've missed him.' He stopped immediately and ran to the window. I did it a few times and it worked but he was 3 then . Did the same for Lauren she was a bit more canny but it did divert it enough for me to take a breath again. You're a great mum smurfy of that there's no doubt xxx

Morning Ladies,

smurf well done on avoiding the food! Its so hard at times and im the worst, i always fall at the first hurdle.

I have decided to not go to group as i dont have £5 spare a week atm and i cant stay to the meeting so my mum and I are doing our own little WI and still writing it in our book! So we are doing this every thursday so im in line with you guys :)

last night i had stuffed chicken with mashed potato. and half a bottle of wine! It had been one of those days. tonight im having steak, BNS chips and peppercorn sauce our favourite dinner! xxx

Woohoo bean that's great you're doing thurs, and brill that you and mum are keeping up the weighing . Whilst there is a lot of support etc at class, it is possible to still stay on track from home and this forum is a fabulous help so, stick with us bean and you'll be fine. Dinner sounds yum

Hey dubs get your butt into gear and write down your food! Xx

Smurfy how are you today poppet? Xx

So, after yesterday's meals at the hotel I needed a kick up the butt to stop myself pigging out. I had too much food yesterday and a weigh in today has revealed a 2lb gain, the 2lb that I'd gained from TOTM last weigh in, then lost over thurs and fri, managed to keep it off over the weekend away, only to put it on again in one day. So drastic action is what's called for.

So I checked myself in for a colonic irrigation this morning and have drunk only cabbage water all day

- yeah right! That's all lies lol

What I actually did was plan today's meals

Breakfast - magic porridge ( HEB) and 1 tsp honey, (0.5 syn)
Milky coffee (1HEA)

image-307192119.jpg

Lunch - chicken tikka salad, salad cream (2 syns)

image-3610079639.jpg

Dinner - chicken, mushroom, broccoli and blue cheese bake, sautéed actifry potatoes (1HEB 227g) stuffed mushroom

I used 2 blue cheese laughing cow per person ( 2.5 syns) and about70g Philly light (1/2 HEA) , then for the mushrooms, one slice low low processed cheese for 2 mushrooms.

image-3266717977.jpg

Last edited:
All good peb's, thanks for asking! Still lacking sleep but no tantrums so it was an easier day! No body magic but food was ok.

B: weetabix

L: chicken salad with synned coleslaw

D: sw chips with fried egg and bacon

Snacks: banana, muller light, grapefruit.......

Hi again, that sounds better smurf, pm me if you ever need a chat xx

So, tonight I've made keema curry for tomorrow's tea, it's delicious and I can't wait to tuck into that.
I've boiled eggs and made bachelors Chinese style rice for lunch and going to add some salmon to it in the morning when I throw it in my lunch box.

So it'll be an EXTRA EASY day tomorrow with my HEA as my 250ml semi milk for milky coffee, and my cereal as my HEB.

Just standing here munching on a pack of fresh fruit, then I might wander off to bed.

Sleep well my little pebblets. Good luck for weigh in xxx

Morning Thursday gang

Sunny Thursday here

So an update-

Pebs - a stay the same with her 2 lb gain to lose AGAIN ( déjà vu going on here) get a grip girl!!

Dubs-

Smurfy-

Bean -

Feel free to copy paste , edit whatever or just add it on and I'll paste it, your comment for this week .

I feel another challenge is required.
What do we want? A theme? Recipes, tips ?

Donz -

Hi ladies,

i put on half! so im pleased with that! going for a lb next week please! however, if i get this new job i start next wed and i will be away so may not be able to weigh but we shall see! Tonight i have burger and sweet potato chips for tea :) scrummy in my tummy!! I feel a little sick about my interview tomorrow so luckily it has put me off eating! xxx

Hi, I weigh in from home on a thurs morn and just saw your thread, so was wondering if I could join you all x

Back