Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Hey pebs,have just been back to docs with me foot,as my ankle had swollen,and have had real bad trouble walking on it today.
Anyway I have to have 2 blood tests done on thurs to check for arthritis,does this sound right to you ???xxxx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi oh flip, you're really having a bad time of this honey.
Yes sounds right, they'll do CRP & ESR and probably a bone profile. All of them will basically show if you have any inflammation, as theyre used as markers etc and give you a diagnosis of arthritis or not. So it's a good thing to do .

Results take 3-5 days so let me know how you get on. Oh just a note, tomatoes and citrus fruits can make the pain worse if its arthritic pain. So try avoiding grapefruit and oranges for now. Lets see what results are then I can give you a recommendation what to take xxxx

Hi oh flip, you're really having a bad time of this honey.
Yes sounds right, they'll do CRP & ESR and probably a bone profile. All of them will basically show if you have any inflammation, as theyre used as markers etc and give you a diagnosis of arthritis or not. So it's a good thing to do .

Results take 3-5 days so let me know how you get on. Oh just a note, tomatoes and citrus fruits can make the pain worse if its arthritic pain. So try avoiding grapefruit and oranges for now. Lets see what results are then I can give you a recommendation what to take xxxx

Thanks pebs xx :)

Hi Pebs, up and down with the emotions. Funeral next Fri so need to keep my chin up.
Going to run tomorrow to keep my spirits up.
Thanks BBxxx

Made a scan bran cake tonight as was snacky.

Here scoobes - try this.

choc & orange scanbran cake
-----------------------------------

5 scanbran
3 eggs
3 tbls cocoa (or 1 cocoa & 1 choc orange options)
4 tbsp sweetener
1/4 tsp orange extract

soak scan bran in hot water, & mash

mix other ingredients in , pour in a silicone loaf tin. Cook in the microwave for about 4 to 4.5 mins. I use one of the plastic Chinese take away dishes to cook it in.

3 syns for the whole cake if using scanbran as HEXB, 8 syns for the lot if not . I've had half of it and left half for frank.

image-569135773.jpg

The first slice I had on its own

image-3738355708.jpg

The next piece I sliced in half and filled the middle with Greek yogurt , was like a sponge layer cake - yum , had it with a meringue nest and pineapple so it was a lovely sweet fix. More tomorrow night I think

image-2476428348.jpg

xx

And menu for today

Last edited:
A good day again today, sunny and warm and washing on the line - what's going on its February?

Had a wander around marks and picked up some bargains , meringue nests packs of 8 reduced to 45p as due to expire end feb !!!! Well it would have been rude not to pick up 4 packs!,, and scoobes I thought of you.

Also got raspberries 60p expire Sunday. But can freeze those and packs of stir fry veg reduced to 80p so that was tea sorted.

Off to market tomorrow , worth the hours drive for the fruit veg and meat from the butchers. Going to stock up on my veg for soups. Lamb , beef chicken breasts and bacon,

Menu today

Yum yum

I luv meringues. Don't buy them tho coz I'd only eat 1 n end up wasting the rest :(
God damn not having a sweet tooth!

Thankfully ( other than my kitkat chunky Thursday addiction) I'm a savoury snacker, love my crisps too much . So I'm happy to stop at one meringue every couple of days but the kids love them so they don't last long . X

Trace how's that foot doing today xxx

Hi pebs,foot is still hurting,am wearing an ankle support,and an arch support,but am stressing about walking to the school in the morning.
I just can't chance aggravating it too much,to the point I can't walk again,but I walk backwards and forwards to the school 6 times in a day,and its a 20 min trip each way,so I'm not looking forward to tomorrow to say the least :(

I am having roast today for dinner,and on a sw group on Facebook I just came across a recipe for mushy pea gravy ! You blend a tin of mushy peas,2 oxo and enough water to make a gravy consistency,I have never heard of it before but will try it out today.

Have a good Sunday everyone xxxx

Hi pebs,foot is still hurting,am wearing an ankle support,and an arch support,but am stressing about walking to the school in the morning.
I just can't chance aggravating it too much,to the point I can't walk again,but I walk backwards and forwards to the school 6 times in a day,and its a 20 min trip each way,so I'm not looking forward to tomorrow to say the least :(

I am having roast today for dinner,and on a sw group on Facebook I just came across a recipe for mushy pea gravy ! You blend a tin of mushy peas,2 oxo and enough water to make a gravy consistency,I have never heard of it before but will try it out today.

Have a good Sunday everyone xxxx

Oh my god we've got ESP! I read about the mushy pea gravy a while back and made a note but never got around to it, then yesterday in pound and they had 2 tins for £1 so I got them with The plan to do it today . Got a rib of beef for roast today and mushy pea gravy ready to do!! How uncanny is that?? Let me know how yours is and I'll do the same.

I'm sorry about your foot. :( get the kids to pop you on their scooter. I don't know what to suggest about the walks to school, if you cycle you'll aggravate your knee, I suppose there's no one nearby who could at least help you with a lift one way?

That is weird pebs,I didn't like it and have tipped the rest down the sink :(
Was so hoping it would be good !

Will just have to get on with the walks !!!!!

I haven't work out syns today,so will only have free stuff the rest of the day in case I have gone over,but I don't think I have.

What goodies did you get at the market xxx

That is weird pebs,I didn't like it and have tipped the rest down the sink :(
Was so hoping it would be good !

Will just have to get on with the walks !!!!!

I haven't work out syns today,so will only have free stuff the rest of the day in case I have gone over,but I don't think I have.

What goodies did you get at the market xxx

Oh no, just about to open the tin, I think I'll leave it then ! I don't want to ruin a good bit of beef . Thanks for the warning .

I got veg -

image-2294560374.jpg

And loads of meat - steak, lamb steak diced, bacon, sausages are the kids, chicken breasts and 2 huge rib of beef joints

image-1990123138.jpg

Very jealous of your shopping haul,no kidding pebs it was like pouring diaroaha over my dinner,all you could taste was mushy peas,I do like mushy peas but not poured all over a roast !!!!! Xx

Back