anyone else worried about finding a fashion...

louisa26

if your like me and have ALOT to loose (over 10stones) are you worried about going to other shops other than evans and actually being able to give yourself a dress style other than 'just a pair of trousers and top' because they fit

Hi Louisa
I had this worry when I first started CD in 2006 because Evans had been my only clothes shop for close to 20 years.

However, it was an amazing and interesting experience to go into other shops and try things on ... things I never thought I'd EVER wear. For example, I bought a lovely STRAPLESS dress in Monsoon when I got down to 12st 7lb and wore it to a family do.

Now, even though I've regained a lot of that weight and am practically starting all over again, I KNOW what fun it's going to be getting back into those clothes and trying new ones.

You discover a lot about yourself when the weight comes off ... for example, I was always of the opinion that I was 'big built' and that even if I lost ALL my weight, I'd still look stocky with chunky legs. However, I soon discovered that, actually, my frame is quite small and my shoulders narrow ... and my legs became very lean. This affected my choice of fashion and I went for really fitted jeans. My tummy was still a bit of a problem but I just wore longer tops to disguise it.
I've added a link to my old photobox collection so you can see what I was wearing at my heaviest (22st) ... see half-way down the page where I'm in the white T-shirt holding a can of diet pepsi (how ironic!!). Basically, I wore anything baggy & shapeless as long as it fitted. Then see what I was wearing at 12st 7lb (the first two pics) - fitted jeans and tops.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3108477

I can't wait to ENJOY clothes shopping again. Louisa - you will have the best time discovering the 'real you' fashion-wise so don't worry! :)

thanks RD you really hit home and made me chuckle with the whole thinking your well built! i was saying exactly the same to a friend/work colleague the other day about how i will never be petite and will always been stocky!

I honestly cant wait even just going to tescos and buying even a size 26 tshirt will be such an achievement cause it also means i can shop in alot of high street stores too... which i cant now.

thanks RD you really hit home and made me chuckle with the whole thinking your well built! i was saying exactly the same to a friend/work colleague the other day about how i will never be petite and will always been stocky!

I honestly cant wait even just going to tescos and buying even a size 26 tshirt will be such an achievement cause it also means i can shop in alot of high street stores too... which i cant now.

You will be shocked at just how 'dinky' you will become!!
And other amazing things too ... my feet became smaller, I felt taller because I could reach up higher (less tummy in the way when getting things out of cupboards), and my voice changed!! Yes, even my husband didn't recognise me on the phone. Apparently, I sounded younger. I can only put that down to losing weight from around my neck and throat.

I know I've undone a lot of that but it's a recent enough memory for me to know how good it feels.
I'm REALLY excited for you Louisa because I know what a blast this journey is going to be for you! (and I'm looking forward to re-discovering those things myself!)

I've already been shopping i have this little number hanging up to keep me motivated :)
Home130.jpg

thanks guys!

fay i'm sorry i cant view the pic but i think it's cause i'm at work so will look tonight when i get home x

Back