anyone ever slip up?

louise_86

Hi,
has anyone ever had any slip ups? I just have, majorly and Im only 2 days in, im so mad with myself now just cant believe i did it. I just wanted some advice on how u dealt with it? I just feel like such a failure now and like i wanna go to sleep and wake up having not eaten but i know i'll wake up tomoro feeling really guilty coz ive eaten and i cant let it get to me, just need to move on and get back on it but i find it so hard, i hate failing!Xx

I didnt slip up but I nearly did once!

Just remember how your feeling next time you want to eat chick, But yes move on from it because the guilt trap can often be a vicious circle... If your anything like me you ate when you were unhappy, so try not to let it get you down xxx

thanks hun, yeh i am like u then coz i do eat when im down, just need to put it at the back of my mind and work extra had in the gym tomorro and hopefully that'll cancel it out (in my head)!xx

I also feel really annoyed now, just text my gyn buddy coz we're dieting together but shes on weight watchers instead coz she hasnt got much to lose and coz i cant seem to get started on LT she said its only a matter of time before i realise how silly this milkshake diet is but until then she'll stick by me! it makes me feel even worse like everyone is waitin for me to fail so like tonight when i have it makes it worse coz ive proved them right! im so sick of ppl tellin me i cant do it :-(

Honey the fact that she has just said that to you should make you even more determined! I had a few people saying that when i first went on the diet and it made me so annoyed that i had to stick to it just to prove them wrong! And when i had lost 4 stone they couldn't do anything but say wow, what a great diet, its really worked etc etc!

Your friend is great for saying she'll stick by you, and i know its hard but just ignore it if you get anymore comments like how silly the diet is. Everyone on here is proof that it is an amazing thing to do and if you do get any more comments...off anyone..you know you can come on here and vent to everyone about it :)

Forget what happened today! Its been and gone! Tomorrow you'll stick to it completely and the next day and the next...xx

thanks, louise! was gonna msg u but cant yet - how annoying! my mums just started now sayin 'is this the right diet for u coz u evidently cant stick to it' and all this, just so sick of all of them, everyone was so supportive the 1st time round just wish theyd all go away, feel so down now :-( just need to keep ploddin on i guess x

Ohh lou just block out all of it! Try your hardest chick. You know you can do it. Getting back on it 100% the second time round seems to be so hard for so many people. It was for me! It took me sooooo long, nearly a year to get my head around doing it again! And then another 8 months to get round to this time.

But i'm on day 5 now! Soooo very nearly caved in earlier, had dairylea and crackers in my hand ready to make and put them back down, picked up, put down. Screamed at myself and walked out of the kitchen saying no! Haha its sending me slightly mad and my flat mate doesnt know what on earth is going on!

Like you know, you just need to get past the first week and your sorted. If you cant get on here all the time when your finding it hard, then take my number and you can txt me anytime! Theres a thread on here from a few days ago with loads of people doing that. Everyone seems to find it helpful to have someone to talk to when you cant get on here!

Cheer up you know you can do it :D xx

Block it all out and ask your mum not to cook food for you or offer it, that would make it a hell of alot easier

My mum wasnt supportive for the first 5 days, and once she realised I was being serious about it and that I could do it she got better!!

And dont listen to their negative comments, YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL DO IT! and your will proves all them bums wrong!!!

thanks so much hun, makes me feel loads better! im just gonna forget the mistake now and try not to talk to any friends about it, just come on here. I guess it could be worse too, its not like i ate a take away or mcdonalds or anythin so as long as i get back to it right this 2nd all is not lost, if this has taught me anythin tonight its that i do NOT want to cheat again untill ive accomplished my goal weight, so i guess something good has come out of it!Xx

Wooo and shes back in the game! Thats definately the way to think!! Start planning what your going to treat yourself to on WI day..some new make up, new clothes for your first goal, anything to get you excited about it xxx

Yup exactly!!

And with it being at the beginning, it will make it alot easier to get back on it I think xx

yeh defo guys, thanks so much for the help - without this site i dunno what i'd do! hmmmmmm what purchase can i make on weigh day lol xx

Lol i've decided i'm not buying anything at all till i've lost all the weight! I live in London so instead, as my WI day is Friday, every Fri night me and my flatmate are gonna treat ourselves to go see a show! Kicking off with Priscilla Queen of the Desert this week! Woo! And now i've got a date on Saturday with a doctor...mmm exactly how am i going to get around that one! I'll have to tell him i'm driving or something so i don't have to drink haha x

ooooh enjoy your date!! Is he hot?? lol

Hmmm.. I bought myself an Ipod and nail polish lol!!

I find I do better if I have a list of 'things to do' for when I'm wobbling- it's usually household things like clear out the linen cupboard or my wardrobe, or the girls wardrobe/drawers, or rid my kitchen cupboards of out of date stuff & clean them out! Or if I'm feeling lazy I'll give myself a manicure/pedicure/facemask and chill for a while with a magazine? Try to distract yourself when craving food and drink a glass of cold water- 9 times out of 10 it'll work, I promise!
I'm not buying any new clothes either- I have a wardrobe full of clothes that no longer fit me that I'm hoping to get back into! LOL!

I think everybody has their wobbly moments on this diet at sometime or other. Mine were about week 6 when I could have eaten anything and everything but didn't. I am so determined to do this diet only once and get where I want to be.

I treated myself to a digital camera this weekend for doing so well. May even put up a pic for my avatar when I am brave enough.

Don't worry about a little blip, just get straight back on the wagon and stick to the diet 100% from now on. The weigh ins really give you a boost each week and the diet will work as long as you stick to it. Good luck and stick to the diet!

Hi Lou, well done for getting on here and getting inspiration. Just climb back on the horse and prove everyone wrong. Yeah it's tough, but the results are SO worth it. As for WW, I know it works for a lot of people , but every time I've gone, my weight losses were unbearably small....1 lb one week, 1/2 lb the next and I always felt so bloody hungry, my points ran out long before my day had....bedtimes ended up at 8.00 p.m. to avoid raiding the fridge!!! Just wait and see how much you lose after just 2 weeks, I'll bet your mate will be saying.."About this Lipotrim diet then......."

Hi hun, I slipped alot over the last 6 weeks, but gradually. I had to stop lipotrim, long story but the snow had me refeeding. I then went on W8 and that was the same as this excpet you eat at weekends. Somestimes, if i'm honest i cheated so much I would have my weekends back to back (4 days!!). before I knew it was back to the odd glass of wine, odd carbohydrates etc until i was back to old me. I realise I need the discapline of NO FOOD whatsover. So I signed back up with my advisor and here I am back in my first restart week. I actually feel more determined this time, and its easier so far. I know that one slip up will have me back to where I started so i cant even allow myself that. Like an alcoholic or drug addict...I must say NO!!

xxx

Lol Irish mum your absolutely right! ive got a load of clothes that are incentives to lose weight, got some gorgeous little dresses so just cant wait to were them! I was thinkin more along the lines of getting a nice new bag or gettin my teeth whitened or something! Defo a good idea bout the pampering and things, it really helps to get to do something else rather than think about food, hopefully that'll help me when i come off it too.

Chellywellyboot - are u on refeed now? If so, hows it goin? are u finding it ok?

Louise - good luck with the date, bet u feel amazin goin out now ur losin weight! and goin to see shows sounds like loads of fun, i love doin things like that! not much on in wales though lol.

quick update on LT - Im back on it people! got straight in the gym this mornin so am right there again in my mind, goin the gym again tomoro - good times!xxx

thanks everyone for your replies! i posted a reply without reading page 2 so thought i write another one! Your all absolutely right, i know this is defo the diet for me, cant wait for a months time when im well into it, and i bet as u said, ppl will soon be askin more about it!!xx

Back