Anyone exercise?

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hi All,

Just wondered but there isn't much on here about exercise or toning. Do you exercise if so, how much and what types?

Thanks

I dont excercise but I have bought just dance for the wii,blimey that is hard going but its good fun and i think it works as a form of excercise x

andju just dance is amazing isnt it. i do that sweat thing... i really want to incorporate it properly into my diet because i think it will really help and i dont think it will be as strenuous as a proper work out but so so much fun x

exercise

1. don't start anything new until you are well into this diet.
  2. scale down what you are used to for the first few weeks until your body is used to the change in 'fuel'.
  3. keep exercise to around 30 mins a day and try interval training for longer fat burning.
  4. add in weights as muscle increases the rate at which fat is burnt when you are sedentary
  5. remember to drink plenty of water cause you'll sweat it out.

hope this helps as a starter info.

I want to add some exercise in next week, going to speak to CDC about it tomorrow. Bit of walking / jogging maybe and some weights to help toning x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did Zumba last Monday. First class i have been too. I'm not very co-ordinated, so find it quite difficult but it was lots of fun, hope I can get back to the class tonight.
I also went to the gym but it's not my thing. Did 2000 metres of rowing which should help with the tummy but can't see me rushing back

exercise

1. don't start anything new until you are well into this diet.
  2. scale down what you are used to for the first few weeks until your body is used to the change in 'fuel'.
  3. keep exercise to around 30 mins a day and try interval training for longer fat burning.
  4. add in weights as muscle increases the rate at which fat is burnt when you are sedentary
  5. remember to drink plenty of water cause you'll sweat it out.

hope this helps as a starter info.

Can I ask a question please? I do high impact aerobics 3 times a week and Zumba twice... is this too much? I felt awful after my first aerobics class on CD but fine now. I have always done these classes (believe it or not considering I'm on a diet all the time!!! gggrr) should I cut back I'm worried now? I asked my CDC and she just told me to avoid it for the first few days but I'm only on day 10 of SS and I'm confused. Thanks x

rolly, my CDC said that after the first week I could exercise as much as I wanted as long as I was feeling ok afterwards, if your body is coping with it and you want to do it I think it would be fine??

but if you feel like you're going to pass out while doing it I guess that's when you cut it down a bit lol ;)

Can I ask a question please? I do high impact aerobics 3 times a week and Zumba twice... is this too much? I felt awful after my first aerobics class on CD but fine now. I have always done these classes (believe it or not considering I'm on a diet all the time!!! gggrr) should I cut back I'm worried now? I asked my CDC and she just told me to avoid it for the first few days but I'm only on day 10 of SS and I'm confused. Thanks x

if you'd just started cd, it could have been too much for your body as is has to get used to not using carbs as it's fuel but to use fat instead. fat takes a little longer to be moved as a fuel source. carbs are quicker for your body to access. your body has to get used to accessing the fat for fuel which is why some people get dizzy, feel sick, get headaches etc etc all the side effects. usually after 2 weeks you can up your exercise again as your body will be able to cope better but ALWAYS be aware of how your feel as it is vital that you work with your body and it could take longer.

tips...

if you ever feel dizzy stop what you are doing hold on to something and march a little to lower your BP so it doesn't bottom if your heart has been working hard. then sit down with some water and drink it. if you still do not feel right just go home.

i have ran 6 miles whilst on ss but what i found was that i stopped loosing weight at this point. i had 2 weeks of 0 loss. i went up to the 810 after that and i lost 8lbs that first week on the higher plan.

thinking about your functioning body and how it copes is the secret to exercising on cd. take it very seriously as it is important.

here's some interesting info

3.1 Carbohydrates Supply Energy

The body uses carbohydrates directly from the monosaccharide glucose. Glucose is in the blood and extracellular fluids (lymph) and can be made from glycogen. Glycogen is stored in the liver and muscles and in smaller amounts in the other organs and tissues of the body. Energy is derived from glucose by the splitting of the glucose molecules into smaller compounds and oxidizing these to form water, which frees quite a large amount of energy.

When carbohydrates needed for the functioning of the central nervous system, the muscles and the other body systems and functions are insufficient in the diet (as during a fast or on a weight-loss diet), stored adipose tissue (fat) is broken down into glucose to make up the caloric deficit. Some amino acids, instead of being used to make proteins, are deaminated and used as carbohydrates to supply energy. The formation of glucose from amino acids is called gluconeogenesis. This phenomenon enables one to maintain normal blood sugar levels during a fast.

Practically the entire fat store of the body can be used up without detriment to health. Because of this fact, and the fact that the body can also create carbohydrates from amino acids, fasting is a very safe practice from the standpoint of maintenance of normal blood sugar levels, of normal neurological functioning and of meeting all the body's various energy needs.

from this website. Carbohydrates - The Role Of Carbohydrates In The Body

rolly, my CDC said that after the first week I could exercise as much as I wanted as long as I was feeling ok afterwards, if your body is coping with it and you want to do it I think it would be fine??

but if you feel like you're going to pass out while doing it I guess that's when you cut it down a bit lol ;)

exactly :)

The name aerobics means "with air" fat needs oxygen to burn, so any exercise you do you should still be able to hold a conversation slightly puffed. If you cant you are working anaerobic "without air" and NOT burning fat

The name aerobics means "with air" fat needs oxygen to burn, so any exercise you do you should still be able to hold a conversation slightly puffed. If you cant you are working anaerobic "without air" and NOT burning fat

:) it's a bit technical than this. anaerobic also goes on hear rate too and how hard you are working. harder you work then yes you will not be able to hold a conversation however, i do not like talking when i exercise as this tires me out more than anything else. i heart rate could be 135 when i'm running but as soon as i start talking it shoots up as i find talking and breathing difficult.

fat burning is done at a lower aerobic rate but interval training is still the best.

True fat burning work at a heart rate % depending on your age, but as a general rule for someone without a heart rate monitor or any idea on what % they should work at being able to answer/ ask a few questions is a good guide and one I use with all my customers.

definatly a good guide... not for me :( as i said talking and running puffs me out and then i can't speak and i start feeling really tired lol!

Thanks everyone this really helps and has also made for some very interesting reading. I have been inspired to do more reading up because once I get to my target I would like to understand how much exercise I need to be doing to maintain my weight.

I have only had one weight in so far and I a concerned that my exercise may have a negative effect on my weight loss, if this ends up the case I will ask my CDC about ss+ or 810, thanks again for your help guys very informative

xx

For a female your maximum HR is 226 (males 220) minus your age and fat burning takes place at 60/70% of your maximum, as I said if you can still say a sentence/ ask a question without gasping in the middle your there. Just only need to be a little puffed x

Back