Anyone fancy buddying up to get this thing beat?

missyp284

Hi guys, I've come back to MM after gaining 2 stone and hating myself for it.
I've been trying halfheartedly for the last 6 months to shift some weight but this weekend was the final straw.
I had a night out at the weekend for my birthday and had the worst time. I couldn't find anything to wear due to my weight gain and then when I saw the photos.....OMG!!!!
So, I'm back today and determined I'm going to lose. I've had a pretty crappy time over the last couple of years and thats still ongoing so I know I'm going to struggle to keep focused when things are getting on top of me. I've never tried buddying up with someone before but thought it mught be worth a shot.
I'm pretty good at motivating others so it would certainly be a 2 way street. If anyone would like to join forces and beat this ting together, give me a shout.
Like I said, never done it this way before so if theres something I should be doing thta I'm not, just let me know :)
x

I'd love to, but I'm not really following any diet does that matter. I'm just trying to eat less and move more. I'm sick of failing at diets, I always end up feeling like a failure, giving up and binging. So basically I'm now eating 3 meals a day off a smaller plate. And trying to focus on the positives like if I feel a little slimmer focus on that instead of the scales. I'm determined though to feel slimmer and fitter for the summer. Like you I was out last weekend and it was very depressing, I know we can do this, it's just getting the momentum going!!

I would live the support! I'm more calorie watching at the moment. Once I get going I find I'm ok, it's just the starting I have the problem with

Well lets get this done together. I'm not following any set diet plan either. I'm just keeping track of what I eat on My Fitness Pal.

Started yesterday and 2 days nailed. A long way to go, but so far so good

Today was good for me, according to my scales in work I've lost 4 lbs since last week so I'm very pleased! I ran around the garden with my boys for half an hour after work, and ill do some yoga when they go to bed. This is the most positive I've felt about weight loss in about a year!

I need some support. I'm doing weight watchers but totally ruined it last week and binged all week and gained 2lb! I am feeling more positive this week though and so far it's been a great week. I just need to keep it up.

Today was good for me, according to my scales in work I've lost 4 lbs since last week so I'm very pleased! I ran around the garden with my boys for half an hour after work, and ill do some yoga when they go to bed. This is the most positive I've felt about weight loss in about a year!

That's brilliant. Well done. I'll be weighing in on Friday morning. I don't expect to have lost as I'll only have been on plan for 5 days and I know from experience it usually takes 3-4 weeks for me to show a loss.
That can get discouraging so I'm gona need all the support I can get if it happens again.

I need some support. I'm doing weight watchers but totally ruined it last week and binged all week and gained 2lb! I am feeling more positive this week though and so far it's been a great week. I just need to keep it up.

At least you know why you gained though so you have the power to fix it. And sounds like you're in the right frame of mind to do it. I'd bet most of that 2 lbs would be water anyway from eating the wrong foods. If you're good this week it'll be gone.

Well missyp284

Well we are here for the long haul this time, If you feel a little slimmer on Friday after sticking to your plan, focus on that. Maybe a measuring tape would help, you might lose some cm's first.

2lb isn't too bad at all. I think if I could learn to forgive myself a slip up and get back on track I'd have reached my goal years ago. So today is a new day :)

Hi MissyP and everyone! You sound like you are doing the right things and a 4;b weight loss is great! I'm starting my weightloss today, with a weigh in on thursday, fingers crossed!
xx

Good uck slimmingstudent. I'd definitley recommend tracking your food, it's certainly helped me.
I've had my first weigh in this morning and lost 4lbs. I'm over the moon :D

Good uck slimmingstudent. I'd definitley recommend tracking your food, it's certainly helped me.
I've had my first weigh in this morning and lost 4lbs. I'm over the moon :D

Fantastic - well done! That's a great start. Are you exercising too?

I had a very up and down day yesterday, I ended up binging in the morning but somehow didn't spiral into an all day disaster (weird for me) I kind of just wanted not to feel full/bloated so I had some sushi for lunch a light dinner and went for a walk, so I went to bed happy :)

How are ye doing? My weekend was not good, or this week really, it's depressing. But I'm back on the wagon now! How are ye doing?

Hey, i was on lipotrim before. I am hoping to start out as i am sick of being unhappy deep down with the way i look and cannot help but think my whole being would change for the better if i was to loose all this excess weight. What diet are you hoping to do? I would find it really motivating having a weight loss buddy!
xx

Hey guys! I had a 5.5lb loss this week - so very happy! (First week luck :rolleyes:) Hoping to keep a constant weight loss going every week to boost my self esteem and get towards my far away goal!

Missp that's amazing - well done!

I am loving this website, being able to talk to people in a similar situation to me is amazing! :gen126:

Back