Original anyone feel the same?!?!

hiya,
iv been doing slimming world now for 4 months and am 6-1/2 lbs from loosing a stone i dont feel any thinner and still fit in the same clothes so have not gone down a size. how much would a person have to loose to go down a size? iv just joined the gym 3 days ago so hoping this will speed things up. got 4 stone to loose to be at a healthy weight:eek:, feels like its going to take forever! does any one know if skipping the healthy extras will speed things up? thanks

I think it depends on the person. My friend got her stone award last week and im 1/2lb from mine - neither of us have went down a size. We both feel our clothes "fit" better if that makes sense.
But even though we havent went down a dress size, I can feel it and people have noticed that Ive lost - which is brillant. My energy levels are up and Im actually craving fruit! (who would have thought it?!?!)
It will take time but don't give up - you will get that award. You could try to increase your amoiunt of Superspeed foods to see if that helps out?
P.s - I really really wouldnt reccomend skipping your HE's - you body needs them :)

It really depends on how much you have to loose i have lost a stone and a half and still in the same clothes although much looser. but a few years ago with just exercise and dog walking i dropped a dress size with out loosing a lb so it all depends

Oh...as for not having your healthy extras to speed up your weight loss? That's the opposite of what would happen, if you didn't have them it would slow things down. You need to have your As and Bs..

ok thanks guys, im going 2 stock up on the superfree foods and just keep with the gym, its good to know im not the only 1 who has not gone down a size, im expecting a bit too much too fast i think. got weigh- in on wednesday, ill let u know how i get on. thanks for replying. good luck with your weight loss x X x

Unfortunately the body will lose fat from where it choses too so it may be that you have either lost it mainly from one area that it's not that noticable from i.e your face, arms, ankles, or that you have lost just a little from all over that isn't enough to drop a dress size. In the past I have lost 1 stone twice, once I dropped a full size the other I didn't. Our bodies have their own agenda, but it'll all win in the end providing we keep going. The gym will def. help speed this up.
Good luck x

I have lost 2 stone 5 1/2 lbs, and I have gone down from a 20 to a comfy 18, or sometimes a large 16.

It varies between different people though.

You'll soon be speeding through the dress sizes and moaning that you haven't had chance to wear the clothes you've bought before they got too big!!!

Hi Glosta-gal, it took me ages to lose a dress size (18 to 16). I think it took 1 and a half stones, but the change in shape is so weird that, I bought a size 16 skirt week and 2 weeks later it was loose and I am now a 14 in skirts (not all makes though, so I must be at the large end) and 16 in trousers (and, annoyingly, 16 on tops). I can't wait to be a proper 14 - top and bottom!!

I'v lost just over 4 stone myself and i'd say just over a stone for the first size down, but afterwards i found it was one size down after the other once i'd gone down my first dress size. . but everyone is different!

i know how you feel. because iv been there too.. but trust me, once you start to feel it, whenever that time may come for you, youl reli begin to appriciate what a difference youv made to yourself and life in general.

My advise would be keep poositive, dont stress or compare yourself to others. . Let it run its course and relax.. it is working for you

xxxx

I don't know if you do any excercise , but this will help with toning and reducing the bloating feeling. To lean up stay away for the carbs on red and eat plenty of speed and free foods. I have lost around 10 inches all over and thats with a 3 stone loss, but i excercise quite a bit.

Good luck

Phil x

now ive only lost a stone but ive gone from a 14 down to a 12 which need pulling up every now and again so ive dropped a size and a bit

Like everyone has said - everyone is different! If you are looking to drop dress sizes as well as weigh, toning up is very beneficial, not only to your wardrobe but also to your health. Cardio will help weight loss, and some light strength training will help tone up all those bits that might be a bit wobbly!

Oh and please, please, please don't cut out your healthy extras, or syns. Make sure you are following the plan properly, free foods, 3/4 healthy extras (2 if you are following EE) and around 15 syns a day (unless your consultant has told you otherwise).

We all want our excess weight to disappear over night, but just remember it didn't go on overnight! And think how thrilled you will be when you get to target thinking of all the hard work you've put in!

Best of luck

Natt xxx

Back