anyone find that they have lost over a stone yet only gone down half a dress at that!

kdub24

I Will & I Can!!
hiya :)

well i just cant understand why!!!

i was 11st 9 in nov and now im 10st 6lb and im stil in size 14 clothes or 12-14 on top. all i want is to shrink in jean size to a 10-12 but it aint happening lol. maybe it will start to show soon. it is very annoying tho, maybe its because im tall bt im only 5,5.

anyone else the same x

Yes- I've a stone and 10 1/2 pounds off me, still can't get into size 16 trousers or jeans, but 18s are mostly too big. Sickening, isn't it!!!

I'm only an inch shorter than you, and a similar weight and I wear anything from a 10 to 14, depending on where I shop.
I'd say to be a 10 at 5ft4-5ft5 you'd be looking at 9stone 7 to 10 stone hun.

Depends on body tone too though, I'm trying to lose inches by exercising, not worrying about it increasing my losses but losing inches will help too.

Oh yes relate to that. I have gone from a 24 to a 16/18 and have lost over 4 stones. I really expected to be in a 14/16 by now but am very happy to feel ad be so much fitter and the size 14/16 will come.

Patience is the key.........patience and perseverance.

tut 8-10 is out the question then i will look ill if i get below 9st 5lb. my height dont help! :(

2 stone for me now, still wearing size 14's but having to hitch them up every 5 mins. size 12's still a bit snug bar from a couple of pairs of jeans. if I'm honest with myself I was probably a size 16 before starting but squeezed into 14's so I didn't have to admit it

Have lost a stone since starting diet, still wearing same clothes, they are a bit loose but not enough to know wether it is in my head or not, will be glad when it starts to show a bit more.

I've lost nearly two stone and only gone down one dress size.

I started off at 11st 13.5lb and am now 10st 1lb and have gone from a 14 to a 12 :D

x

same here! :( I have lost 18lbs since march 2nd (25 since xmas) and have only gone down 1 trouser size?? WTF! lol Im only 9lbs off my target but at this rate gonna have to revise and go lower I think I wanna get in those 12's!!

20+ years ago when I was a 12 I weighed 9 1/2 stone and I'm three inches taller than you.
Even when I was sickly thin at 8 stone a size 12 was the smallest size I went because of my hips!

Anyway I've lost 23 lbs so far and have lost weight everywhere except my belly!, From the front I'm an hour glass and from the side I'm a ball!

Same here I think I've lost a bit off my legs but my stomach hasn't shrunk AT ALL - going to look up exercises to lose belly as the ones im doing (kinect ) must be for legs and bum lol

Hope to see weight off tummy soon as it's large and to me is out of proportion with the rest of me - got mistaken for being pregnant more than a few times :(

Although I am only 13lb down may be expecting too much too soon
Any tips ?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

It seems to me that the first stone never comes off the bum or the thighs etc... it comes off the face and the boobs, neither of which are essential in fitting into a smaller size of trousers, lmao ;) Also, in my case, I'm starting to notice it coming off odd places... like, my feet are thinner (my shoes are slopping around!) and my wrists are definitely thinner as well because my favourite bracelet is a lot looser!

Princess, alas, you can't spot-reduce fat - you can just get a toned tummy underneath the fat! That's what I'm aiming for at the moment... to be lovely and toned underneath so that as I lose the fat my new non-flabby self will be revealed! :D

I've never bought the "7-10lbs is a dress size" thing - maybe if I was a size 10 I could lose a dress size with half a stone, but right now it's taking between a stone and a stone and a half. And depends on what shop I go to, as sizes vary massively between stores!

I have a similar issue, it takes well over a stone usually 18 pounds before I move down a dress size! Our bodies are all so different.

It seems to me that the first stone never comes off the bum or the thighs etc... it comes off the face and the boobs, neither of which are essential in fitting into a smaller size of trousers, lmao ;) Also, in my case, I'm starting to notice it coming off odd places... like, my feet are thinner (my shoes are slopping around!) and my wrists are definitely thinner as well because my favourite bracelet is a lot looser!

Princess, alas, you can't spot-reduce fat - you can just get a toned tummy underneath the fat! That's what I'm aiming for at the moment... to be lovely and toned underneath so that as I lose the fat my new non-flabby self will be revealed! :D

I've never bought the "7-10lbs is a dress size" thing - maybe if I was a size 10 I could lose a dress size with half a stone, but right now it's taking between a stone and a stone and a half. And depends on what shop I go to, as sizes vary massively between stores!

yes defo agree it comes off those areas first my bum and thighs r still there lol hopefully they will melt away soon! x

Same here I think I've lost a bit off my legs but my stomach hasn't shrunk AT ALL - going to look up exercises to lose belly as the ones im doing (kinect ) must be for legs and bum lol

Hope to see weight off tummy soon as it's large and to me is out of proportion with the rest of me - got mistaken for being pregnant more than a few times :(

Although I am only 13lb down may be expecting too much too soon
Any tips ?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

13lb in 6 weeks is excellent, no tips needed!

You know the bags they have at class with the stone and half stone weight? Well last night I 'lifted' my tummy and I reckon its about three stone on it's own!
But all my weight has come off my ribs and inner thigh! I'd really like it to come off my face and tummy!

This is were I'm weird. I'm 5 foot 4 and even at my heaviest 13st 7 I was still wearing a size 14. When I'm at my healthy eating weight of 9 st I'm in a size 6 or kids clothes. I'm now 11st 10 and back in my size 10 clothes yet my sister who is 10 st 7 is in a size 12. Strange. Yet I'm still obsessed by the scales.

Lucky you Vic_palf wud love to have a body type like urs :)

I have found that mine had all come off my hip area, not my waist so much. I've lost nearly 2st and my hips are nearly 3 sizes smaller now, but waist wise i'm 2 sizes down & only 1 1/2 sizes down on my bust! Bit frustrating as all my trousers are baggy round my bum but fit my waist so can't get the next size down as yet - and no hope of wearing a dress anytime soon.

Praying my bust & waist plays catch up soon! I rather liked my hourglass figure, even if every part of it was on the large side :)

I just logged on to pose a similar question and saw this thread! Spooky!

I started off at 13st 1lb and size 16. I'm now 11st 12lbs and all but one pair of size 16 trousers still fit me - "That's good" I hear you say - but all the 14s I've tried on are still a bit small :( except for one pair of linens I managed to buy in Tesco.

So I've just received an order from Next - 2 pairs of size 14 petite smart work trousers. They are a bit snug, one pair fits slightly better than the other but it still looks like my bum is chewing my trousers ;) (and I've got a spare tyre over one pair)

What do I do??? Keep them and keep working at it? Or send them back and carry on looking for the elusive good fit???

Help!

so odd aint it!!

goes to show all body types r just so diff! im blaming my tallness lol and 5,5 aint rele that tall!

god im gonna ave to go some to b a size 8-10 but i mite look ill if i do that. i went down to 8st 5 b4 and blimey i looked very ill due to havin gallstones.!

so maybe ill stay at 10-12 WHEN i get there lol x

Back