Anyone gonna watch 'Biggest Loser'?

bubbles<3

Just wondering how many of you were planning on watching the new series of the BL? Starts tonight at 9pm for those that don't know!

I am hoping to use it as an extra incentive to help me along.. and its also a really handy excuse to slope off to bed early alone and watch it, without feeling the need to nibble...! OH cant stand the prog so I need to watch it alone... no guilt ;) LOL!

Always amazed by this programme and the fitness that they have them doing from the get-go! I am totally convinced I would be in a box if that were me but there you go!

Wonder what sort of people they have in this year? The lady trainer (cant recall her name, how bad is that!) wont be in it this year sadly tho which is very tragic.

(may get a few training ideas from them if its not too hardcore!! LOL)

xx

Just wondering how many of you were planning on watching the new series of the BL? Starts tonight at 9pm for those that don't know!

I am hoping to use it as an extra incentive to help me along.. and its also a really handy excuse to slope off to bed early alone and watch it, without feeling the need to nibble...! OH cant stand the prog so I need to watch it alone... no guilt ;) LOL!

Always amazed by this programme and the fitness that they have them doing from the get-go! I am totally convinced I would be in a box if that were me but there you go!

Wonder what sort of people they have in this year? The lady trainer (cant recall her name, how bad is that!) wont be in it this year sadly tho which is very tragic.

(may get a few training ideas from them if its not too hardcore!! LOL)

xx
what channel is it on

im going to try to catch it ...ill take insperation from where ever i can lol ..

I can't be bothered to watch as I think that the exercise apart they spend too much time moaning about not eating what they want!

yeah ill be watching it so! didnt know it was starting!! anyone from ireland on this operation transformation is starting tomorrow night!!

Iv watched it and yes its amazing how much they lose but holy hell lets be honest who has the time to exercise 4 times a day the way they are made to :rolleyes:

I love the show I watched it last night, I re-started my diet yesterday so my OH said when they weigh in on the show I should get on my scales at home for an early weigh in haha =P
It is sad about the woman trainer (angie her name was i think?)
And I get the feeling that the ex military trainer is going to get pretty annoying soon lol, why would you label yourself 'killer' its just a bit odd =P xxx

I agree brochmor he looks like he is going to crush their motivation rather than make them think they can do it I really liked angie she was a hard trainer but she inspired them to do more cant see old "kiler" doing much for morale

I really liked her too, I know there was that whole thing with her telling her team to only eat nuts before weigh in or something but turning weight loss into a competition is asking for trouble anyway, as much as I love the show, people off the american version have admitted to doing far more dangerous things than only eating nuts for a few days for example...
Ryan C. Benson, the winner of the program’s first season, publicly admitted that "he dropped some of the weight by fasting and dehydrating himself to the point that he was urinating blood." Also since the show Benson has regained all of his weight, but 10-12 lbs. In 2009, Kai Hibbard (runner-up from the third season) told the New York Times that "she and other contestants would drink as little water as possible in the 24 hours before a weigh-in" and would "work out in as much clothing as possible" when the cameras were off. She further stated that two weeks after the show ended, she had regained about 31 pounds, mostly from staying hydrated.In a June 2010 interview, Hibbard said, "I do still struggle [with an eating disorder]. I do. My husband says I’m still afraid of food... I’m still pretty messed up from the show.
And I'm sure all the trainers and producers must be aware that things like this go on, so to dismiss her from the show for doing that just because the public found out was a bit hypocritical I think! xxx

Well said
She admitted herself she was a competitive person and got caught up in the game! I think how they get them to lose the weight is not ever going to be sustenable. last year one girl lost 3lbs and Davina asked her what went wrong????:eek: That stuck in my head as 3lbs is in anyone's books a great loss but they were promoting that was a failure on her part, I dont think making weight loss a competion is right way to do it as throw in a pile of cash and most will do what they have to too win whatever the means

I love that show... really puts things in perspective!!! I frequently nearly shed a tear!!! Lol.... x

I too nearly cry but at the thought of doing i third of the exercising they do :D

I felt a bit sorry for sam, I wouldnt have responded positively to that army guy screaming in my face either, but then at the end when he didn't even say goodbye or anything not even to that damien guy I thought that was very childish and people like that wouldn't do well on the show xxx

I watched a weight loss prog last night "obese a year to live" the girl was fantastic. The exercise regime was gruelling but she had great support from her hubby and parents. She lost about 10 stone and ran a half marathon by the end of it. I was a bit teary to be honest, she was amazing. I saw a clip of a diet programme and they had pixelated their privates so I assume they were in the buff. Heavy people suffer enough humiliation without adding to it by putting them in skimpy outfits or nothing at all.

Back