anyone got any nice spag bol with quorn recipes?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
As thats what we fancy tonight but i have done it before and it takes yukky and of nothgn and prefer the meat version. But want to stick to this 100%

thanks
x

I use Quorn mince, add a beef Oxo cube (1 Syn) add a tin of chopped tomatoes with herbs and garlic. The tomatoes are essential with Quorn as Quorn is dry so it soaks up the tomato juice. Add anything else you want with it, mushrooms etc. Just cook it all up in a frying pan and serve up on a bed of spaghetti

ok kool. I did mine with a tin of condensed soups before so i will try this way!
God tinned tomoatoes essential for this diet hey!
x

pasata? would that be good for it??? tom puree?x

I love passata obv need to add herbs etc even a bit of garlic salt but its lovely! I wont cook quorn tho - Paul and kids wont touch the stuff :/

x

I use the tinned toms rather than puree cus the juice is thinner and the Quorn soaks it up and give it a consistency more like real mince

Oh yh Im going by normal meat mince as said we dont use quorn :/
xx

i 'fry' garlic, finely chopped onion in a little water and frylight and add sliced mushrooms a few minutes later.

once the onion has softened add a carton of passata, a tin of tomatoes and a generous squirt of tomato puree. heat through and add the quorn.

here comes the experimental part - i then add a little salt, pepper, paprika, chilli powder, a spoonful of marmite and some sweetener (to take the acidity away from the tomatoes) to taste.

simmer for a a while then add torn fresh basil leaves about 5 minutes before serving.

Quorn mince
Peppers
Mushrooms
Onion
Garlic
Passata
Salt/pepper
Dried herbs

Fry off the onions and garlic, add the peppers and mushrooms.. cook through and then add the passata, salt, pepper and herbs. Mix with the quorn mince, cook for about 10 mins then switch off the heat and leave for a few hours to soak up the flavours.... heat through and serve with pasta, salad and a small amountof grated cheese.. yummy!!!

onion
garlic
grated carrot
grated courgette
mushrooms
fresh tomatoes
tin of tomatoes with herbs
1/2 tsp cinnamon
italian herb seasoning
sprinkled with some crushed chillies

This is a version from one of the magazines and I love it! I'll have to type it up properly later but that's the gist of it!

I always use quorn chicken peices instead of the mince. I know spag bol is beef mince but the chicken absorbs the tomato so nicely. I always use sweetcorn. Mmm. I wanted this tonight but we ran out of spaghetti!

Tonight's tea has been:

chopped onion, leek, green pepper - all 'dry fried' one jar of passata with one oxo cube - added in mixed herbs, garlic powder and a generous amount of chilli powder - then added the quorn mince and simmer for a while - had to add a little bit of water as the quorn soaked up the juice. Cooked pasta twists and mixed the two together - served with a sprinkle of parmesan. we have enough left over for lunch tomorrow as well, hurrah!

Yeah, and i nearly fell over in the shop today, when I saw how much they have gone up in price! has anyone else noticed?

I prefer to use passata most of the time, especially for sauces. I notice its just gone up from 29p to 44p in Tesco! I was outraged, so got a load of cartons of it in Morrisons for 28p each.

I used to get the 3kg bags of pasta in Tesco for £1, then they went up and up and now they are £3 something. Scandalous! lol

I prefer to use passata most of the time, especially for sauces. I notice its just gone up from 29p to 44p in Tesco! I was outraged, so got a load of cartons of it in Morrisons for 28p each.

I used to get the 3kg bags of pasta in Tesco for £1, then they went up and up and now they are £3 something. Scandalous! lol

Cans of choppped toms are 20p in asda and i got a 1kg pasta bag for £2.00 there too!
x

passata? where have i been ive never heard of it hahaha what is it and where can i find it? (shopping aisle wise)

Back