Red Day Anyone goy any recipes for turkey mince?

Im actually just meal planning and found what looks like a yum way to use up my turkey mince...

Quick meatballs caserole
You need :
500g turkey mince
Fresh parsley
2 chopped onions
2 garlic cloves
450g chopped carrots
450g chopped potatoes
Tbsp paprika
500g jar passata

Mix turkey with some fresh chopped parsley, season and make into 12 balls. Fry for 5 mins until browning

Add onions, carrots, garlic, potatoes and 300ml water. Bring to boil, then cover and simmer for 15 mins.

Add passata, rest of parsley and paprika. Boil again and then cover and cook until veg tender.

Looks yum on pic, all free also on extra easy or you could substitute pots for red, am cooking it for tea :)

X.

Turkey burgers are good from turkey mince too.
Just chop some onion and mix with the mince. Then mould into burgers with your hands and fry with frylight.

my friend always makes her lasagne's with turkey mince so it might be worth looking up a sw friendly lasagne recipe on here and substituting the meat for turkey.

Josiecat said:
my friend always makes her lasagne's with turkey mince so it might be worth looking up a sw friendly lasagne recipe on here and substituting the meat for turkey.

Would need to syn pasta though for a red day

Turkey coated burgers
Egg , turkey mince , stuffing mix or mixed herbs , whisked egg and slice of wholemeal bread toasted and made into bread crumbs .

Dip made burgers in the egg then bread crumbs fried in pan with fri light slowly till done in middle .

This is a nice recipe I came across in Slimming World - You can use Extra lean Mince Beef also - Free on extra easy & Red, 5.5 on Green. x

Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce

ingredients

340g/12oz Turkey Mince
½ small onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp ground cumin
2 tbsps chopped parsley
salt and ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
chopped parsley, to garnish

for the tomato sauce:
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 398g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
1 level tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp chopped basil or oregano
salt and ground black pepper
½ tsp artificial sweetener

1. Make the meatballs. Put the minced beef, onion, garlic, cumin, parsley and seasoning in a large bowl and mix well together. Bind with the beaten egg and then divide into 16 small portions.
2. Roll each one into a small ball, using your hands. Place the meatballs under a preheated hot grill and cook for about 10 minutes, until they are starting to brown and the fat stops dripping out of them.
3. Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
4. Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce in the pan, cover and cook gently over a low heat for about 15 minutes, until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley, with a crisp salad.

I make Turkey and cranberry sauce burgers, i just mix the turkey with the cranberry sauce which holds it together so you don't need to use egg. I don't add anything else to it though and then throw them in the oven, or grill or fry them until they're done

They sound lush peachy, will be giving them a go

I make Turkey and cranberry sauce burgers, i just mix the turkey with the cranberry sauce which holds it together so you don't need to use egg. I don't add anything else to it though and then throw them in the oven, or grill or fry them until they're done

You can make me these when i come to see you . You kept these quiet lol xxx

What's the recipe for the Turkey/cranberry burgers?

I made diet coke chix with Turkey mince and bulked it out with carrots. Served it over rice and over a jacket. So nice!

Turkey Meatball Broth: 500g lean turkey mince, 2 tbsp finely shredded fresh basil leaves, zest of half a lemon, 25g grated parmesan cheese, frylight,1 onion finely chopped, 2 carrots diced, 2 celery sticks sliced, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tbsp tomato puree, 410g chickpeas in water drained and rinsed, 600ml hot chicken stock, salt and ground black pepper.

Mix together the turkey mince, basil, lemon zest, cheese and seasoning in a bowl. With wet hands, create 16 small meatballs, spray a deep, wide non stick saucepan with frylight and cook the meatballs for 5mins, turning until browned all over. Remove and set aside.
Spray the pan with frylight and add onion, carrot,celery and garlic cook for 3mins until softened.Add the tomato puree, cook for 30secs , then stir in chickpeas and stock and return the meatballs to pan, bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10mins until veg is tender and meatballs are cooked.Check seasoning and serve.

* 1 syn for tomato puree, parmesan cheese is an a choice on ee or else syn this.

this serves 4

Hope you like this if you decide to try it, I think the meatballs would be nice with a tomato sauce over them and served with pasta .I may give that a try.:D

peachy7 said:
Um i just use turkey mince and add cranberry sauce to hold it together, add it little by little

How many syns in the cranberry sauce?????

Back