Anyone had great losses on low carb ?

debz32

Gold Member
Hey !

just a quick question...hope you don't mind....

one of my clients is considering combining Cambridge with Atkins...do you think this would work ??

Also - anyone had great losses on just Atkins ??

any help/advice welcome....

THANKS !

Debz xx

Hiya Debz

I did Atkins a few years back, initial losses were big, similar to CD in that you are using up your glycogen. It then settled down to around 2lb-3lb a week. Loses not quite as good as CD due to the higher calories but don't see why it couldn't be combined or used as a way of easing into SS?

Gxx

Hiya Debz

I did Atkins a few years back, initial losses were big, similar to CD in that you are using up your glycogen. It then settled down to around 2lb-3lb a week. Loses not quite as good as CD due to the higher calories but don't see why it couldn't be combined or used as a way of easing into SS?

Gxx

thanks Georgie :) will pass on that info !

D x

hi,

I combine CD an atkins meal in the evenings, my first week loss was 6lbs so happy,

sue xxx

hi,

I combine CD an atkins meal in the evenings, my first week loss was 6lbs so happy,

sue xxx

Thanks Sue !

well done 6lbs off :D

Debz x

I know my Dad has done well with Atkins and CD, he did CD years ago but said he didn't have the discipline anymore to just SS so he was having a huge protein breakfast a-la Atkins then just 3 shakes in the day as opposed to the 4 he would have been on if just SS'ing. He lost around 4 stone doing this between New Year and his Hols in April. :)

I had a brilliant loss just with Atkins. I lost 3 1/2 stone quite quickly. Unfortunately, I got bored with not being able to have fruit and veg and stopped following it. I never felt hungry when on Atkins, BUT, when I stopped I put all the weight back on and loads more besides.

I lost over 12 stone on Atkins, and I have managed to maintain that loss

I got bored with not being able to have fruit and veg

I don't understand that, the list of veggies you can eat is endless, and now I'm in maint, I eat most fruit except bananas.

Its always the maintaining part thats hardest, and if you like your fruit and berries it can be hard at first. My Dad is my Atkins inspiration, like you Jim he lost a hell of a lot and has maintained (with a yo-yo stone allowance for alcohol he says LOL). His argument was 'if I can have bacon and eggs for breakfast, steak with mushrooms in a cream sauce for dinner, a mixed grill and salad for tea, and all the creamy coffee* I can drink, and still lose weight, then why the f**k would I miss orange juice?'

LOL.

What a way with words my Dad has.

*de-caff, naturally. ;)

*de-caff, naturally

of course ;)

I suppose induction is hard and can seem quite limiting, but after that as you start adding in more variety then it's quite easy really Rela.

To be honest I'm loving it! I eat like a bird usually but I eat the wrong stuff, so I'd have nothing all day while busy with kids / Uni / Work then I'd come home and have 4 pieces of toast or biscuits or jacket with beans on, loads of sugary coffee (although Splenda is actually alright suprisingly!) and then snacks when the girls were in bed later on.
I'm eating more than ever of food I really enjoy and its falling off, and even today where I haven't changed on the scales since yesterday, the jeans I had on just 2 days ago are looser around my thighs so I'm obviously losing inches.
I can really say I've never felt this good on a diet, love it!

Oh I agree, I have tried quite a few different diets and every one of them left me feeling hungry, I never had that on Atkins, tht plus all my blood and kidney tests etc are now perfect, I even have very low cholesterol readings.

Sarah, that is achievable on Atkins, but you must remember the more you have to loose the quicker it tends to go on Atkins. I also think your flatmate must have stayed on induction for most of that time. I lost on average 2lbs a week once I stopped induction and moved into OWL, I think that's a healthy loss rate.

Hi Jim thats a fantastic weight loss. Can I ask if you stayed at induction levels for longer than two weeks and how many carbs could you eat and still lose weight.

Thanks

Jac

I stayed on Induction for about 6 months Jac and I was very strict, but I did have a lot to loose, when I went into OWL I stayed on around 30 - 35 carbs a day roughly, I added to the original 20 carbs a day at about 5 carbs extra week until I stopped loosing, then I dropped the 5 carbs and stayed there until I was at target weight, at that point I kept adding 5 carbs a day per week until I gained a little, then I dropped the 5. I don't actually measure my carbs now, I just have a weekly weigh in and If I have gained I'm careful the next week etc.

HTH

I was on atkins a few years ago and did very well with it. I have also picked it up again a couple of times for a couple of weeks to lose weight to fit in a dress etc (naughty!!)

I started again this time on the 30th dec after a year of major yo-yo ing on weight watchers and am losing about 4lb a week.

To be honest im not counting my carbs, doing it before I have a rough idea whats going on and what to have in a day, but I think I might have to start in the future as otherwise I will struggle to reintroduce carbs.
At the moment am having no rice, pasta, potato, flour, sweet potato, root veg at all.

xx

Thanks Jools, you should see my before's and Afters. Sure helps keep me on track hun.

Back