Anyone had Shingles

kdub24

I Will & I Can!!
:confused:

hello,

has anyone had shingles?

i think i may have it, for the last week, ive had a burning stinging sensation all on right side of my torso (back and stomach) its bearable pain but it feels as tho ive got severe sunburn, the odd thing is theres absolutely nothing there. its defo on the surface of the skin. im assuming there will be some sort of a rash soon bt dont no wen. im going to make an appt tomro for docs. taking co codomol at moment and the pain has calmed down abit.

thanks x

Hiya. Yeah ive had shingles twice now. Both on the right side of my body like the area between bra and hips.
It can be brought on by stress mostly (this was definatly the case for me)
I was feeling very tired and run down. I had the rash appear and i was given medication to get rid of it by doctors.
Definatley get it checked out asap, and try not to be in contact with babies, elderly and pregnant women (low immune system, can affect them).

Hope you find some help for your discomfort, you could try using Cammomile lotion and apply with cotton wool. This helped me alot.

Let us know how you get on.

thanks for ur reply, yeah same as u described for me too. ive had the pain for 6 days bt no rash yet, will i get a big rash :( ive got 2 children aswell. :( they have both had chicken pox. yeah im always stressing and worrying about nothing. :(

thanks again kelly x

Im not sure if you will get a big rash to be honest. mine was like a few inches long. If both your kids have had chickenpox thats much better. But best to get yourself to the doctors and get sorted :)

Hope you feel better soon. x

I've had it. also, make sure your partner has had chicken pox or shingles too. if he hasn't, maybe he should be checked out too.
some people never create an immunity to Varicella (about 10% of the population aparently, I'm on of them: chicken pox 9 times and shingles once). it can be very dangerous if your first infection is in adulthood, but not so dangerous if you had an attack as a child. the only danger is if it begins to attack internal organs.

anyway, see your GP cos although it might be something else, Varicella can be very very nasty.

hope you're ok xxx

thanks for concern and replies.
yeah partner has had shingles and kids have had pox. i see my nan fri and im worried she will get it :(

going docs tomro
will let u no thanks girls

x

Back