First ever natural period?!

michellelouise86

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with PCOS and endemetriosis when i was 16.

To make a long story short i don't have natural periods, never have done. I take provera 4 times a year to induce 4 periods. When i have these they are painful but with paracetamol they are bearable.

Well yesterday i randomly started a natural period. It came on from no where, no symptoms or anything. I don't know if it could be to do with the fact i lost 4.5lbs last week so maybe that could of brought it on but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm in agony today. Could hardly get up this morning. Ive had a migraine all day and the cramps are unbearable. Ive been taking mefanamic acid tablets which my gynaecologist prescribed incase i ever did have a natural bleed and he did tell me it would be incredibly painful if i did have one but i just want to know if anyone else has this much pain and if its normal.

The only thing is i can only take 3 mefanamic acid tablets in 24 hours as they are so strong and they are brilliant and do take the pain away but they only last 2 hours at the most.

I was just wondering what symptoms other people with PCOS have and if you have any little tips or advise to help.

Im at work tomorrow and friday and I'm dreading it xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya i have really bad periods and i take cuprofen they are really strong and last 8 hours there a pink pill and you can buy them over the counter but i wouldn't take them other tablets with them unless doc says its ok x:)

Hi, I was diagnosed about 4 years ago, at the moment I have maybe 3 periods a year and they are extremely painful, I take paracetamol and codeine along with ibuprofen, also really helps me to curl up with a hot water bottle on my lower back.

Back