Anyone have a Blackberry??

Starlight

Gold Member
Ok I know Im not a SWer but this is definitely the busiest Off Topic section :)

Does anyone have a Blackberry?? My phone is due for an upgrade this month and Im definitely leaning towards a Blackberry, probably a Torch.

I know the apps available arent anywhere near as many as the iphone but just wondered if theyre any good? Is there a good range??

i have one
the apps are not that great - i mostly use mine for the blackberry messenger as all my mates have blackberrys too

on my apps i have
evening standard - news
weatherbug - weather lol
hangman - addictive game
flickster - cinema times
poynt - like yellow pages

there are loads of others but nothing that appealed to me much

I've got a Blackberry and if i'm honest i wish i'd got the Iphone:sigh:

Hubbys has an Iphone and i have an Ipod touch and i just find them so much easier for internet usage. If we're out together i'll use hubbys Iphone rather than my blackberry (especially when trying to calculate syns when shopping :D)

I had a blackberry for 3 years and loved it......until i got an iphone...would never go back now!!
It might cost a little more but you wont regret it!

I think the blackberry is the better option if you are using it for business but for personal use I would go with the i-phone

I have no interest in anything that phone relates to internet. More interesting in my music that I can listen to and using the camera to take piccies. I like Sony Erriccson phones and can not stand anything that is related to Apple!

Hi had an BB for 18 months had the curve loved it no problems now have got the iphone 4 and love it .

Starlight i miss the BB /pins thats the only down fall really i would say.

they are fast and u can download a few apps too.x

I've got the Storm, had it for over 2 years now, as a phone it has to be one of the worse phones I've ever owned. This is as a phone and not because it's a Blackberry. It was on contract for 2 years so couldn't really change it, however now the contract is up I can't afford to change it lol. I've unlocked it and stuck an O2 simplicity sim in it and will continue to use it.

I also have an iPod Touch which I love but don't think I'd bother with an iPhone. Having read up on the Torch, if I could afford it then I'd definitely upgrade.

I got my BB curve a few months back now and i genuinly love it.

The only thing that really gets on my tits is deleting messages, why can i just mark severeal at once instead of deleting them one by one?! clearly BB dont appreciate how much i text.

im with o2, 25quid a month, phone was free, i have unlimted texts, unlimited internet usage and 500mins.

i also bought a pink casemate, to make it extra cute.

I must admit, i am still yet to connect to the comp and download apps :O

I had 10 mins to buy a phone at the time, so i never sat down and had the chat about how to do it all. When i was younger i used to be on top of all this technology, it was second nature.. now i feel like me mother- i havnt a clue how to make it work ha

We have a BB for work so i don't really look at its functions and try not to look/touch it at all :p
i've never had a BB for personal use but my friend has and she loves it ;)
i don't have an iphone will never have an iphone cant stand anything apple related (prolly caused but having to work with god awful macs a while ago) i have and ipod nano that i don't really use as my software flags up all thing ipod/iphone/itouch as a virus due to apple's self installing un-deletable software. i have a Dell streak which isn't really a phone its a mini tablet and i love it!! but i think it all depend on what u use it for. the streak suits me cos of the odd hours i keep and the media applications (firmwear 2.2, andorid, VLC etc) any good shop will let you have a play with them all, see what floats your boat :)

xxxx

I got my BB curve a few months back now and i genuinly love it.

The only thing that really gets on my tits is deleting messages, why can i just mark severeal at once instead of deleting them one by one?! clearly BB dont appreciate how much i text.

im with o2, 25quid a month, phone was free, i have unlimted texts, unlimited internet usage and 500mins.

i also bought a pink casemate, to make it extra cute.

I must admit, i am still yet to connect to the comp and download apps :O

I had 10 mins to buy a phone at the time, so i never sat down and had the chat about how to do it all. When i was younger i used to be on top of all this technology, it was second nature.. now i feel like me mother- i havnt a clue how to make it work ha
you can highlight as many txts as you like to delete at one go

I love my blackberry as I use my Ipod Touch for apps.
But if your friends have an Ipod or some other (cant mind which ones) phones that get apps, then you could get them to download PingChat and you could use that the same way as BBM, you can even have multi conversations.
Also as someone else mentioned there is whatsapp too.

I have the Curve but looking to get the Torch when my upgrade is due.

Back