anyone have any EE tips on buying lunch at work?

Sia

I didn't take any lunch today & need to buy lunch- but I don't know what I can have as I'm trying not to use any syns due to eating out tomorrow.

Any tips of something I can buy from m&s/pret/eat/nandos/tesco???

Thanks

Tescos - seafood sticks and bag of prepared salad plus some fruit. Not sure about anything from the others as haven't been in any of them for ages!

Denise

how about some prawns/chicken salad and if you have a microwave a potato and you can cook it?

Yea tesco do some salads (in the bagged leaves section) for £1 with no dressing etc.

You could also grab some cooked chicken either the ready sliced breast or the chilled roast and remove the skin.

Amy

Be careful when choosing prepared salads though, some are shockingly high in syns, you want just a plain salad with no dressing or oil added.

Also avoid ready made sandwiches, as they have no free food allowance, only the bread can be used a HEb if it is wholewheat in which case 6 syns can be deducted from the total syns, but even then the syn value is still huge.

I suspect I'm a little bit late with this, but if you've access to a kettle then tesco do Mugshots and the 1% fat ones (not the 3%) are syn free.

Jacket potatoe with beans, not butter, and check they are not cooked in oil. I had that today and it was delicious! x (sorry probably too late!) x

Thanks for the tips! I am thinking this way of eating really is mainly for making things from scratch- which I have been doing, but today I got caught short! I actually like that fact because I know 100% of what I'm putting in my mouth- how healthy!!!

In the end I had some roast Salmon from tescos with a bag of mixe leaves and a whole packet of baby plumb tomatoes! Was rather expensive though- it pays to be organised! :)

Back