Green Day Anyone have recipe- Carbonara?

Jengen

I am looking for a recipe for carbonara- somone mentioned cottage cheese and egg? but I didn't know if that was it or if needed to add more to it?

Thanks

you can either use cottage cheese or quark.. I like cottage cheese and it gives it a better texture. I use the majority of a small tub and 2 eggs. Cook the pasta and set aside, fry off some bacon/ham, mushrooms, onions and whatever veg you want. Mix together the cottage cheese, eggs and however much cheese if you want to add it 42g of reduced fat cheddar as a HEXA.. mix well add salt and pepper and then pour into the pan with veg, add the pasta.. mix together so all is covered and cook to the way in which you like it. done :)

This one was in a recent SW mag.
Serves 4 EE free
14oz/397g dried spaghetti
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
2oz/57g Quark
salt & pepper
Fry light (of course)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
12oz/240g lean ham,diced
Large mixed salad, to serve

Cook spaghetti drain and keep warm. Meanwhile mix the eggs and egg yolks together and whisk in the quark until smooth. Season well and set aside.

Spray a non-stick frying pan with fry light and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add the ham and cook for 1-2 minutes.

Add the spaghetti to the frying pan and mix well. Pour in the egg mixture and stir until the pasta is coated (not too long or you get scrambled egg). Remove from the heat and serve.

ooh I am having one of these tonight :D x

I just use 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks for my carbonara.
I cook pasta, fry bacon, garlic and mushrooms and then stir together.
Remove from the heat and coat in the egg mixture. The heat from the pasta cooks the egg. Don't warm too much or you'll get scrambled egg.
Top with parmesan and fresh herbs. Lovely!

Back