Anyone here in the police force?

MissTango

Just wondering if anyone here is a police officer or special?
I am applying to be a special but it says you need a BMI of under 30, my BMI is 35 at the moment, but i am working on it! Do you think they would accept me as i have to do 3-4 months training before i can be in public anyway, so would hopefully have lost around 2 stone in that time (training wont start for a couple of months so im guessing i have 6 months or so!)
Any help appreciated!!
xxxxxx

Hi I would give them a call and ask them. The recruitment is very tough and very prolonged and it would be worth it to ask them up front. Explain what you are doing to reduce your weight and take it from there. Good luck for your chosen career.....

Hi, it's slightly easier to get in the Specials than it is the Regs.

For example, there is no fitness test for the Specials in my Constabulary, although the is for regs, plus you need BMI <30. When you apply you fill in a medical questionnaire, just explain in there how much you have lost and are hoping to lose etc, and I'm sure they will understand.

It can take years to start training in the Regs, where as Specials is normally around 6 months ish (but you can always ask to move to a later start date if you'd feel happier).

I volunteer for the Police and love it, go for it hun. x

Hi, it's slightly easier to get in the Specials than it is the Regs.

For example, there is no fitness test for the Specials in my Constabulary, although the is for regs, plus you need BMI <30. When you apply you fill in a medical questionnaire, just explain in there how much you have lost and are hoping to lose etc, and I'm sure they will understand.

It can take years to start training in the Regs, where as Specials is normally around 6 months ish (but you can always ask to move to a later start date if you'd feel happier).

I volunteer for the Police and love it, go for it hun. x
ohh out of interest what do you do to help when you volunteer???

My OH is in the police he is a detective sargent and his BMI at the moment is 38! So Surley they cant just do it for when you start?
x

ohh out of interest what do you do to help when you volunteer???

I do all sorts, as I want to go into Intelligence side of Police I mainly do office work, looking at shop lifting offences and identifing trends and patterns.

I work in CCTV control room.... write up custody tapes, basically whatever I get asked to do - I do it. Although I work full time so it's hard to fit much time in down the Police Station. x

I'd work on getting it down before applying, as you don't know how quickly you'll need to be at goal for as the process is different in each force.

Good luck....it's a very very rewarding job :)
x

Back