Step6 Maintenance Anyone here

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
I'm just wondering what kinds of things you end up eating? Do you maintain a fairly low carb diet overall?? How are you finding the maintenance?! Xx

I'm not there yet, but I imagin I will find it really hard. how are you finding it?

I'm not here I was just looking forward in an attempt to prepare!

Xx

Lol, I'm not here yet...was just wondering if anyone was (like the rest of you haha)

Not there yet, but I have been thinking and planning for maintenance. I have been reading a lot about the low carb high fat (LCHF) movement in Sweden, and reading the diet doctor's blog. CD has opened my eyes, for the first time, to my addiction to sweets and carbs, and it also seems to have stopped that addiction in its tracks. So, if it takes following low-carb high-fat for the rest of my life to prevent ending up sick and obese again, that's what I'll do. I see this time on CD as a golden opportunity to make this transition.

I am not at maintenance yet but I am edging nearer and nearer! I am on step three with 5-6lb to lose.

I genuinely believe I will be following a low carb plan for the rest of my life now, something I thought was ridiculous, growing up with carbs as a main point of my evening meals, always having a sandwich at lunch seems 'normal' but it really doesn't have to be. On step three I am having no carbs for breakfast and lunch but sticking to high protein foods - which fill me up just fine, evening meals I have been aiming for a small amount of carby foods such as cous cous, sweet potato (low GI) and frequently I find that I don't even need that. If I am having a bloaty day I will have no carbs but more protein and more veggies and it really does the trick!

Because I have quite a small frame it is likely that my daily calorie count to maintain will be between 1200-1300 so I really can't afford to use them on high calorie carbs.

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb). Week 11 WI: -0.5lb (9st4.5lb). Week 12 WI: -1.5lb (9st3lb).

EVERYONE I have spoken to asks me about long term maintenance, as I get so many disapproving looks when I say that I am following CWP. I try to explain the steps and that I won't just be having shakes for the rest of my life! But they always want to know what will happen when I reach my goal weight and can't understand how I won't put it all back on again! Hang on... isn't that true of any diet - if I were to go back to eating and doing what I did to put the weight on in the first place, I will put it back on no matter how I lose it!!!

Would love to hear from someone who is maintaining and see how they are getting on :)

By the way, guys just looking at your weight losses - you have all done fab, what an inspiration!!! Well done! :wow:

Back