Anyone in the 10 stones trying to get into the 9's??!!

10st 12 1/4 *dances* Nice to be here, looking forward to working my way down through the 10s :D x

Whoop whoop, 2 off for me! Down to 10 1, got my 1st award tonight too! Absolutely delighted with myself!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Rach*B said:
10st 12 1/4 *dances* Nice to be here, looking forward to working my way down through the 10s :D x

Welcome! It's lovely to have you!

ailly said:
Whoop whoop, 2 off for me! Down to 10 1, got my 1st award tonight too! Absolutely delighted with myself!

Well done!!!
We'll be in the 9's before we know it x

Well ladies, I wanted to see today if my scales were accurate (I don't know how I thought doing this would help me) but I weighed myself before I left the house wearing exactly the same thing as I did in Tesco and was 11st 3lbs (71.something kg), whereas Tesco's scales showed me to be 10st 9.9lbs (68kg).

I assumed Tesco's scales were up the left but today I bought 2, 2kg weights. I put them on my home scales when I got home and they weighed in at 4.2kg (which is 1.05 times bigger than what they actually weigh). Using that math ...timesing 68kg by 1.05 you get 71kg so I'm now thinking Tesco could be right?

I'm not 100% convinced that I could possibly be in the 10's. Going to wait until Sunday and weigh at home and then go straight to Tesco again.

If it's the same sort of difference again (and Tesco's show me to be in the 10's) I shall hopefully be joining you full time!
Who knew scales could be so damn stressful?

Geobar said:
Well done!!!
We'll be in the 9's before we know it x

I know! I am really thrilled. I miss calculated how many lbs to my club 10 in my earlier post. This week I want 1.5 off which will bring me into the 9's and give me my club 10. Have you thought about what you want your target to be?

3.5 lbs off ofr me this week (last weeks gain) taking me back to 10 5.

NO BOOZE this week so i will hopefully hit a new lowest ever weight next week...

ailly said:
I know! I am really thrilled. I miss calculated how many lbs to my club 10 in my earlier post. This week I want 1.5 off which will bring me into the 9's and give me my club 10. Have you thought about what you want your target to be?

Well my initial target was 10st then I decided to get into the 9's so 1.5 to the 9's but I'm not happy yet still want to loose a bit more.
Tbh I don't know if I'm going to reach a target I'm happy with, my body hasn't fully recovered from being pregnant. They say it can take up to 2yrs for your body to get back to normalish lol.
How about you?

Well ladies, I wanted to see today if my scales were accurate (I don't know how I thought doing this would help me) but I weighed myself before I left the house wearing exactly the same thing as I did in Tesco and was 11st 3lbs (71.something kg), whereas Tesco's scales showed me to be 10st 9.9lbs (68kg).

I assumed Tesco's scales were up the left but today I bought 2, 2kg weights. I put them on my home scales when I got home and they weighed in at 4.2kg (which is 1.05 times bigger than what they actually weigh). Using that math ...timesing 68kg by 1.05 you get 71kg so I'm now thinking Tesco could be right?

I'm not 100% convinced that I could possibly be in the 10's. Going to wait until Sunday and weigh at home and then go straight to Tesco again.

If it's the same sort of difference again (and Tesco's show me to be in the 10's) I shall hopefully be joining you full time!

i like to think of scales like men - headmelters the lot of them!

ninnins said:
3.5 lbs off ofr me this week (last weeks gain) taking me back to 10 5.

NO BOOZE this week so i will hopefully hit a new lowest ever weight next week...

That'll be a great feeling!

All_about_the_climb said:

I personally think your stressing too much over the actual figure. Just focus on the loss and maybe go on how your clothes feel and how your moving through the sizes.
I have a salter scales that I recently bought from asda for £10 they're pretty similar to the ones at my WI. They are normally the same or .5 less. I weighed in boots on Tuesday as I was in work and it said I was 10st 1.5 fully clothed when I got home I weighed at 10st 1.5 without clothes but I'm just going by my scales in the house now as I'm not going to group any more.
I think you need to relax a bit over the scales, there's no point obsessing.
I hope you don't take this the wrong way

No don't worry, I completely understand what you're saying and agree. I just can't seem to switch off from it, I think it's because I can't see the difference overly so I'm relying on the scales to keep me going. I know it shouldn't really matter what I actually weigh at this point in time as long as I'm going down but it's just something I've managed to obsess and fixate upon so far. I know I need to try and stop, for my sanity more than anything else :)

All_about_the_climb said:
No don't worry, I completely understand what you're saying and agree. I just can't seem to switch off from it, I think it's because I can't see the difference overly so I'm relying on the scales to keep me going. I know it shouldn't really matter what I actually weigh at this point in time as long as I'm going down but it's just something I've managed to obsess and fixate upon so far. I know I need to try and stop, for my sanity more than anything else :)

Tbh even though I was loosing well in the beginning I couldn't notice, then one day it just dawned on me tat my work trousers that were once fairly tight we're extremely loose. I could actually pull them down without undoing them. But I didn't notice them becoming bigger in the time between. Our minds are strange things I think

When I was pregnant and prior to loosing the weight after having my little one I kept looking at photos thinking that I'd be happy to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I didn't even mind the photos of me when I was 4 months gone.
I'm smaller than when I was 4 months gone and only 1lb away from previous weight but when I look in the mirror I can't see that I'm smaller than some of the photos.
I fit in my smaller clothes so I am the same size. Obviously I have a mummy tummy that I'm working on but can't help wondering how much more I need to loose to be happy with my body.
I'll stop waffling on now ;)

Geobar said:
When I was pregnant and prior to loosing the weight after having my little one I kept looking at photos thinking that I'd be happy to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I didn't even mind the photos of me when I was 4 months gone.
I'm smaller than when I was 4 months gone and only 1lb away from previous weight but when I look in the mirror I can't see that I'm smaller than some of the photos.
I fit in my smaller clothes so I am the same size. Obviously I have a mummy tummy that I'm working on but can't help wondering how much more I need to loose to be happy with my body.

I know how you feel. I'm smaller now than I've been for years. Yesterday I bought a size 8 top and I'm pretty much in size 10 now in most things. BUT I'm only 5'1 and half and still weigh over 10 stone. My legs still look and feel huge and my mummy tummy is hideous! I do lots of exercise and can see my shape changing but this tummy and my legs will be the last to go. Still a fair way for me to go!!

We'll get there in the end. I think we need to listen to what good friends say. They'll tell us when we get TOO skinny! X

Geobar said:

Maybe you just aren't seeing it. Or maybe your body has really changed shape so its different. As you said your mummy tummy. I've not had a baby so I wouldn't know personally how it is afterwards. Your doing so well. I can't see stats as on phone. What's your target weight??

Back