Anyone interested in a Recipe Swap thread?

Lucylu79

Gold Member
I need to seriously budget this month as I overspent last month on food :cry:

Thing is I seem to have a lot of tins left and some frozen meat in the freezer.

I started wondering about going through the magazines to see what recipes I could do with the ingredients that I already had and thought it might make a good thread?;)

For example, I have the following items:

Meat : Chicken, Pork and Salmon
Tins: Beans, Tomatoes, Chick, Black Eyed, Cannelini, Butter and Kidney Beans.

I also Have lots of frozen veg for sf and loads of spices.

I was thinking about a spicey chicken and bean casserole.....

What would you do with the above ingredients??

Chicken and chick pea curry - Haven't had that for a few weeks thanks for reminding me!! Lovely cooked with lots of spinach too!

Just thinking, maybe pork with salsa sauce; salmon fishcakes?

Can I please join? I need inspiration.

Everything. I am a very lazy cook. Nothing too complicated. I have Salmon for tonight. (Found it in the freezer). What can I make that is not too difficult and time consuming? I made fish cakes from tinned tuna on Thursday. PS I have a 2 year old that will try everything, but will not swallow if it is not too her taste. Can only make mild dishes(nothing hot)

salmon served with a mixed bean salad
:) x

I do like this idea, but open to everything? How would you make the bean salad and how would you season the salmon, please? Still trying to get my head around SW.

I used to make Salmon with pesto....

I'm lazy so I'd just mix all the rinsed beans together and add a low fat / syn free vinaigrette dressing and if needed a little pepper

The salmon i'd either season with slat pepper and lemon juice and griddle or make a little poaching envelope out of parchment paper and put seasoned salmon and lemon slices with thyme in the parchment pocket and oven cook :)

Good luck xxx

I'm lazy so I'd just mix all the rinsed beans together and add a low fat / syn free vinaigrette dressing and if needed a little pepper

The salmon i'd either season with slat pepper and lemon juice and griddle or make a little poaching envelope out of parchment paper and put seasoned salmon and lemon slices with thyme in the parchment pocket and oven cook :)

Good luck xxx
Thank you very much. Great ideas! My type of food.

I would season salmon with spices (Black pepper, salt) and bake for 20-30 minutes in the oven.

French Salmon:
- 6 oz cut salmon in chunks
- 1 medim onion chopped
- Salt & pepper
- A handful of peas or sweetcorn
- 1tsp chopped or dry dill(optional)
- 2tbsp FF youghurt

Fry onion in frylight. Add salmon and fry turning so it is cooked on all sides. Add salt & pepper with 2-3tbsp water so salmon can cook thoroughly. Add Peas or sweetcorn cook further few minutes until peas cooked, then sprinkle with dill. Make sure heat is turned down very low. add youghurt and stir. If the heat is too high youghurt might curdle.

Serve hot with boiled rice or boiled/baked potato or sweet potato.

Any ideas for something to do with chicken?

I have a lot of tomato based sauces and would like something a little different

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I got this recipe from here ages ago, it's really very nice:-

Coronation Chicken

Serves 2
1 onion finely chopped
1 level Tbsp of Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste (1 syn)
2 level Tsp of apricot Jam (1 syn)
½ bag of quorn chicken style pieces
250g Fat Free Natural Fromage frais
Sweetener to taste
THE WHOLE DISH IS ONLY 2 SYN’S

Fry the onion in the Tikka Masala paste (this acts as oil) until soft
Stir in the Jam and cook gently for about 2 minutes
Add quorn piece’s (if using frozen you can add them from frozen) and coat well
Cook until quorn has cooked about 15 mins from frozen you may need to add a splash of water if the mixture looks to dry
Meanwhile mix the sweetener to the fromage frais the amount is up to you depending how tart you like your fromage frais, (I put about 8 tsp in)
Once the quorn is cooked set aside and allow it to go cold,
When cold add the fromage frais and stir well until thoroughly mixed
This is delicious with Rice and salad; you can also make it with cooked chicken, and just have with a large salad if you’re following the Red plan
You can always add more jam or/and Masala Paste

i'm trying this tonight
Spanish Chicken serves 4 = syn value 1per portion

Fry light
2ld skinless chicken
4 garlic cloves
1 onion
8 rashers of bacon
2 red peppers
1 yellow pepper
1 sprig of fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
400g can chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper
28 pitted black olives
A handful of fresh parsley

• Heat a pan spray with fry light. Add the chicken, garlic and onion and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes
  • Add the bacon and pepper and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
  • Strip the leaves from the thyme and add to the pan along with the bay leaf and chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for an hour, or until the chicken is cooked.
  • Season well, scatter over the olives and parsley and serve.

i'm trying this tonight
Spanish Chicken serves 4 = syn value 1per portion

Fry light
2ld skinless chicken
4 garlic cloves
1 onion
8 rashers of bacon
2 red peppers
1 yellow pepper
1 sprig of fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
400g can chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper
28 pitted black olives
A handful of fresh parsley

• Heat a pan spray with fry light. Add the chicken, garlic and onion and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes
  • Add the bacon and pepper and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
  • Strip the leaves from the thyme and add to the pan along with the bay leaf and chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for an hour, or until the chicken is cooked.
  • Season well, scatter over the olives and parsley and serve.
This sounds great!!!

Back