Anyone interested in a weekly online weigh in/meeting?

Caz

Repeat Offender
Bare with me here, I've got a bit of an idea but it might be silly and unfeasible, let me know what you think!

I've been thinking about joining Weight Watchers or Slimming World just as an extra boost for motivation. I think for me, I need that extra boost and accountability. But I'm just not sure I can afford to pay £6 a week just to be weighed! I didn't realise how expensive it actually was.

So, it got me thinking. All I want is that accountability really, with other people, so maybe something online would work instead? So I was thinking about maybe setting up a weekly 'weigh in' meeting/session on here, once a week, at a set time. Starting with people weighing in, obviously you still have to weigh yourself and we have to be honest with ourselves and each other, but it's the same kind of thing. We could still have a slimmer of the week and do things like group challenges of losing a total number of lbs over a week or month or something.

I know at weight watchers they have a discussion topic as well, we could even do that if we wanted to. I get emailed weekly things about losing weight, motivation, tips, healthy lifestyle etc. so we could use those as a basis or something. Or we could just do the WI side of it. Or maybe you all think it's a silly idea and none of you would be interested, I don't know! Let me know what you think!

There's a poll here for choosing the best day and time for people: http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting/241933-day-time-online-weigh-meeting.html

Last edited:
I think it sounds like a great idea. I also can't afford to go back to WW but it really did work knowing I was going to be weighed in public. It was also really helpful to share tips and recipes and stuff like that. Count me in :)

Oh good, I'm glad someone else thinks it's a good idea! I wasn't sure whether everyone would think I'm a weirdo and that it's a rubbish idea!

No it's a top idea, not everybody can get to meetings as well with work and stuff. It might stop me weighing daily too and obsessing over fluctuations during the week. I hope you get a good response.

Weekly Weigh In

Hi there

I am new here that sounds a brilliant idea. I use a diet plate so I could let you know about that.

ChrissyK

Any evening really but suppose my preferred day would be Friday, then have all week to stay on track, but I will fit in with the majority.

Hye there, just been reading your topic and I will do this with you if you are ok with that, although I do WI on monday evening at slimming world I find that I dont eat from noon onwards, then get really hungry about 5, so therefore I can pass on anything I gather at my meetings. Also there is another Idea to fling into the pot so to speak, I have skype on my computor and it has added bonus of being able to invite third parties to join the conversation, if your up to it we can start a joint thing using skype as a conection as its free if your on skype yourself, its so easy to download to and doesnt cost anything. Then if you pass your invitation onto any other friends that you have outside of this then if they download also instead of using your mobile credit or landline its free, unless you use a dongle as you still have to be on the internet. Just an idea in motion this is. I'm new to sw and my sister is my sounding board, and beleive me sometimes you need someone to talk to when your getting low, instead of hitting the cupboard. Hope you dont mind me voicing my opinion. Regards Julie, if you want to contact me im on skype: jkardine tell me who you are and that your from off here and i'll add you. I'm in the midlands.

I am interested :) Sounds like something that could help keep us on track. Would be better with morning weigh ins though maybe cos whenever I eat anything it makes me go up on the scale. But I get you guys are working and stuff! Might just weigh in the morning and join in the discussions and stuff at the weigh ins :)

I was going to say, weigh in whatever time you normally do and then post. I always weigh in the morning, post wee, in my birthday suit haha So I'd weigh in in the morning and then post up with everyone. Seems like fridays at 7pm seems the most suitable for everyone so far, would that be ok? I figure that's early enough that it doesn't get in the way for anyone that has more of a social life than me and is going out! And it can start then and run on until whenever everyone's done, so those who can't join in til later can still join in.

Yup, I'll make a thread each Friday at 7!

Hi there

They cost just 25-30 pounds but you can get them cheaper sometimes. They help because they help you to cut your portion sizes down but still eat what you want just less of it. You can fill your plate with vegetables and salad. The thing with the plate is you don't have to deprive yourself of anything.

Back