Anyone into Aromatherapy

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Debs1972, 13 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8%)
    Diet:
    none - just reduced calorie intake to 1400/ Hypnoband
    Is anyone into Aromatherapy?

I need tips on how to mix. I have recently bought some of the main Pure essential oils and almond/jojoba carrier oils and have made a few bath/maassage oils but I am not sure if I am mixing correctly.

I made a mixture of carrier oil and 3 essential oils and I mixed 100ml carrier to 20 drops of each essential oil - is this correct?

I am also after other mixtures. So far I have used mixes for cellulite and relaxation but want to explore Aromatherapy more. Any tips?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. moon1976

moon1976 BaByGiRl

Start Weight:
    436.5lb
    Current Weight:
    266lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    170.5lb(39.06%)
    Diet:
    New You
    Skin Aromatherapy Blends
    Athlete's Foot and Ringworm:
    1 drop lavender essential oil ; 2 drops tea tree essential oil
    Add 1 drop lavender and 2 drops tea tree oil to 1 teaspoon of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Stir gently to mix and apply with cotton swab.
    Minor Burns:
    2 drops lavender
    Immediately apply ice cold water to burn for 10 minutes. Then apply 2 drops undiluted lavender directly from bottle.

Respiratory Aromatherapy Recipes
    Chest and Sinus Congestion:
    2 drops lavender 2 drops tea tree 2 drops eucalyptus
    Boil a pot of water and remove from the stove. While still steaming, add 2 drops eucalyptus, 2 drops lavender and 2 drops tea tree. Cover bowl and head with towel and inhale for at least 3 minutes. KEEP EYES CLOSED.

Colds:
    2 drops lavender 2 drops rosemary 2 drops eucalyptus
    Add 2 drops lavender, 2 drops rosemary and 2 drops eucalyptus to 2 teaspoons milk or cream. Pour into a warm bath, stir water and soak or place in a diffuser and diffuse into your room.

To Ease Sinuses:
    2 drops Eucalyptus 2 drops Peppermint 2 drops Tea Tree
    Boil a pot of water and remove it from the stove. While it is still steaming, add 2 drops peppermint, 2 drops eucalyptus and 2 drops tea tree. Immediately cover the pot and head with a towel and inhale for 3 minutes. Keep eyes closed.

To Ease Coughs:
    2 drops Eucalyptus 2 drops Lavender
    Boil a pot of water and remove it from the stove. While it is still steaming, add 2 drops eucalyptus and 2 drops lavender. Immediately cover the pot and head with a towel and inhale for 3 minutes. Keep eyes closed.

To Ease Coughs throughout the day:
    2 drops Eucalyptus
    2 drops Lavender
    Add 2 drops eucalyptus and 2 drops lavender to 4 teaspoons of our massage base oil and apply to the throat and chest (this will make enough for several applications).

To Combat colds and flu - daytime:
    2 drops Eucalyptus
    2 drops Lavender
    2 drops Peppermint
    2 drops Tea Tree
    Add 2 drops eucalyptus, 2 drops lavender, 2 drops peppermint and 2 drops tea tree to a steaming bowl of water - let stand so that the steam diffuses into the room (or add same essential oils to a tea candle diffuser).

To Combat colds and flu - nighttime:
    2 drops Lavender
    2 drops Tea Tree
    Add 2 drops lavender and 2 drops tea tree to a steaming bowl of water - let stand so that the steam diffuses into the room (or add same essential oils to a tea candle diffuser).

Aromatherapy Recipes for Aches and Pains
    Muscle Pain:
    2 drops lavender
    2 drops rosemary
    Add 2 drops lavender and 2 drops rosemary oil to 4 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Use for a gentle body massage.
    Headaches:
    2 drops lavender
    Massage 2 drops undiluted lavender into the temples and the base of the skull.

Pre- Sports Rub:
    2 drops rosemary
    1 drop lavender
    1 drop eucalyptus
    First, blend all the essential oils together, and then add to 4 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Stir gently to mix and apply to the body prior to exercise.
    Post- Sports Rub:
    2 drops lavender
    1 drop juniper
    1 drop rosemary
    Mix the essential oils together, then add to 4 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Stir gently to mix and apply to body.

Relaxing Aromatherapy Blends:
    Relaxation Massage Oil
    4 drops Lavender
    1 drop Petitgrain
    1 drop Frankincense
    Add the above essential oil to 6 tsp of massage base. Add to a warm bath or use for a relaxing massage blend.

To Calm Nerves and Promote Sleep:
    4 drops lavender
    Add 4 drops lavender to a teaspoon of milk or cream. Pour into a warm bath, stir bathwater and soak.
    or
    Add 4 drops lavender to 4 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Place in a diffuser and diffuse into your room.

Sleep-well:
    3 drop lavender
    1 drop clary sage
    Mix 3 drops lavender and 1 drop clary sage with a teaspoon of milk or cream. Add to a warm bath & soak.

Stress-Soothing Massage Oil:
    2 drops lavender
    1 drop ylang ylang
    2 drops petitgrain
    Add 2 drops lavender, 1 drop ylang ylang and 2 drops petitgrain to 5 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Stir gently to mix and massage into body.

Uplifting Aromatherapy Recipes:
    Uplifting Personal Blend for Daytime Use:
    2 drops Geranium
    2 drops Rosewood
    2 drops Bergamot
    Add 2 drops geranium, 2 drops rosewood and 2 drops bergamot to 6 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Wear as a fragrance, use for a gentle massage or inhale directly from the bottle.

Uplifting Personal Blend for Nighttime Use:
    2 drops Rosewood
    2 drops Bergamot
    2 drops Ylang Ylang
    Add 1 drop rosewood, 2 drops bergamot and 2 drops ylang ylang to 6 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Wear as a fragrance, use as a massage blend or inhale directly from the bottle.

4. R-E-D

R-E-D Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Where do you buy oils from?

5. moon1976

moon1976 BaByGiRl

Start Weight:
    436.5lb
    Current Weight:
    266lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    170.5lb(39.06%)
    Diet:
    New You
    for me i collected the oils on a weekly magazine and then i done my level 1 bach flowers course

6. R-E-D

R-E-D Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'll have to have a look online

7. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8%)
    Diet:
    none - just reduced calorie intake to 1400/ Hypnoband
    Apologies, for some reason I was not getting notifications so did not know of your reply, thank you so much for all this information. much appreciated.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.