New Starter

Hello everyone :)

Having battled on and off with weight for some time. I have now hit the 'got to do something' button. It's either lose some weight or buy a new wardrobe, and I am NOT doing the latter.

I have always been a size 12 ish but fighting into a 10, at 5ft 3 and about 10st 3 - 5lb. Okay not a supermodel but could wear what I wanted pretty much and felt fine. I am now 11st 10lb and fitting some size 12s more a 14 though. I'm not happy. I used to be very very physically active running marathons etc, an injury no longer allows this and it has made balancing food and exercise so much harder.

I was a member of slimming world ages ago when my best friend was getting married to support her in her diet so I know the basics. I hate being hungry and I am still quite active running (shorter distances) riding horses and walking the 13 (yes you read that correctly) dogs.

Anyhow I'm here, I AM going to lose the 20lb... any help or tips welcome. I hate being hungry and have a huge capacity for food so filling free foods are a must!

Thanks
FL :)

Good luck! You can eat loads on SW so you shouldn't have issues with being hungry. :)

Hi FL, echo of me there! Still have enough sz 12's but I did resort to ebay to buy bigger. silly move! 13 dogs sounds rather a lot although one of my sister in laws has 6.
Good you can still run, sadly I can't but can power walk fine.
Have a look around the diaries and/or I am sure you will get replies. I don't stick to SW, just the principles. I cc as it's what I always did. Good luck! :)

Thanks all :) I managed ok yesterday, got a bit messed up with chicken... we currently are renovating so have no kitchen resulting in takeaways all the time. Not helpful. Anyhow I had chicken wings as my supper but they had skin on so just realised that wasn't great. Still better than the loaded pizza I normally have!

Anyone with good tips for a sweet tooth? Best chocolates / sweets etc?

Hi hun

well done on the chicken wings rather than pizza.

Hope the renovating is going well :)

I buy the cadburys freddo frogs think they are 5 syns.

I add options hot choc to quark-2 syns

xxxxx

Thank you Jules that's really helpful, I've never tried quark - this sounds like a must do! I've also found that the toffee muller lights are good for the sweet tooth.

Yesterday wasn't bad considering I drove over 330 miles on errands. Stuck to chicken snacks and fruit, until I had my daughter on board and we ended up in Mc Donalds. Oops at least I stuck to 6 nuggets!

Onwards and upwards. Weigh in on Monday could be interesting :)
xx

hiiiii
we are near enough similiar weights
i used to fit comfortable in 10-12 clothes but i had a baby and now in 12-14 clothes, really strugglin to lose at the moment or even stick to plan! but still plodding on lol

good luck :)

Good luck to you too! Great to have a weight loss buddy :-D
Yesterday was a bit of a write off, sandwich lunch as at a meeting then went out had wayyyy too many vodkas and a chicken kebab!! Oh well back to it today. Will weigh in tomorrow as well.

x

Well weighted in today for week 1 and I'm down to 11st 6.5 so a loss of 3.5lb. I'll take that particularly as I haven't been sticking to it 100% (blinking vodka!!)

xx

well done hun still a fab loss!
i had such a bad weekend from vodka to chinese to pizza to greggs! shocking!
fresh start tomorrow but deffo not weighing! dont wanna depress myself anymore lol x

So hard on the weekend isn't it! I am sort of thinking that if I eat better than Inormally do this will show on the scales, no need to be perfect, just better! So I drank lots of vodka as it's less calories than wine haha!! Good luck with the fresh start and picking a different weigh in day ;-) x

Hey, here to follow :) Wowsa, 13 dogs- they must keep you busy!!

I'm with you on the whole weekend struggles. If only someone could invent some calorie free wine...

You seem to be doing great so far - keep up the good work! X

Well managed to stay the same this week, not quite sure why as I actually stuck to plan better than the previous weeks, maybe the first flush of weight loss carried me initially.
Will try not to lose motivation :-/

Managed another loss this week down to 11st 4lb (flickered to 11st 3.5) so that is a total of 6lb off in 4 weeks, ok not startling but I am not 100% on plan and I guess the closer to target the harder it gets. Got a work lunch for a colleagues birthday later so orders salmon and prawn starter then steak. Will probably have chips but at least I'm not going for the usual brie starter!

Hope everyone else is managing this time of year :) xx

Back