Anyone into Aromatherapy

Debs1972

MiniMins Addict
Is anyone into Aromatherapy?

I need tips on how to mix. I have recently bought some of the main Pure essential oils and almond/jojoba carrier oils and have made a few bath/maassage oils but I am not sure if I am mixing correctly.

I made a mixture of carrier oil and 3 essential oils and I mixed 100ml carrier to 20 drops of each essential oil - is this correct?

I am also after other mixtures. So far I have used mixes for cellulite and relaxation but want to explore Aromatherapy more. Any tips?

Skin Aromatherapy Blends
Athlete's Foot and Ringworm:
1 drop lavender essential oil ; 2 drops tea tree essential oil
Add 1 drop lavender and 2 drops tea tree oil to 1 teaspoon of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Stir gently to mix and apply with cotton swab.
Minor Burns:
2 drops lavender
Immediately apply ice cold water to burn for 10 minutes. Then apply 2 drops undiluted lavender directly from bottle.

Respiratory Aromatherapy Recipes
Chest and Sinus Congestion:
2 drops lavender 2 drops tea tree 2 drops eucalyptus
Boil a pot of water and remove from the stove. While still steaming, add 2 drops eucalyptus, 2 drops lavender and 2 drops tea tree. Cover bowl and head with towel and inhale for at least 3 minutes. KEEP EYES CLOSED.

Colds:
2 drops lavender 2 drops rosemary 2 drops eucalyptus
Add 2 drops lavender, 2 drops rosemary and 2 drops eucalyptus to 2 teaspoons milk or cream. Pour into a warm bath, stir water and soak or place in a diffuser and diffuse into your room.

To Ease Sinuses:
2 drops Eucalyptus 2 drops Peppermint 2 drops Tea Tree
Boil a pot of water and remove it from the stove. While it is still steaming, add 2 drops peppermint, 2 drops eucalyptus and 2 drops tea tree. Immediately cover the pot and head with a towel and inhale for 3 minutes. Keep eyes closed.

To Ease Coughs:
2 drops Eucalyptus 2 drops Lavender
Boil a pot of water and remove it from the stove. While it is still steaming, add 2 drops eucalyptus and 2 drops lavender. Immediately cover the pot and head with a towel and inhale for 3 minutes. Keep eyes closed.

To Ease Coughs throughout the day:
2 drops Eucalyptus
2 drops Lavender
Add 2 drops eucalyptus and 2 drops lavender to 4 teaspoons of our massage base oil and apply to the throat and chest (this will make enough for several applications).

To Combat colds and flu - daytime:
2 drops Eucalyptus
2 drops Lavender
2 drops Peppermint
2 drops Tea Tree
Add 2 drops eucalyptus, 2 drops lavender, 2 drops peppermint and 2 drops tea tree to a steaming bowl of water - let stand so that the steam diffuses into the room (or add same essential oils to a tea candle diffuser).

To Combat colds and flu - nighttime:
2 drops Lavender
2 drops Tea Tree
Add 2 drops lavender and 2 drops tea tree to a steaming bowl of water - let stand so that the steam diffuses into the room (or add same essential oils to a tea candle diffuser).

Aromatherapy Recipes for Aches and Pains
Muscle Pain:
2 drops lavender
2 drops rosemary
Add 2 drops lavender and 2 drops rosemary oil to 4 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Use for a gentle body massage.
Headaches:
2 drops lavender
Massage 2 drops undiluted lavender into the temples and the base of the skull.

Pre- Sports Rub:
2 drops rosemary
1 drop lavender
1 drop eucalyptus
First, blend all the essential oils together, and then add to 4 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Stir gently to mix and apply to the body prior to exercise.
Post- Sports Rub:
2 drops lavender
1 drop juniper
1 drop rosemary
Mix the essential oils together, then add to 4 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Stir gently to mix and apply to body.

Relaxing Aromatherapy Blends:
Relaxation Massage Oil
4 drops Lavender
1 drop Petitgrain
1 drop Frankincense
Add the above essential oil to 6 tsp of massage base. Add to a warm bath or use for a relaxing massage blend.

To Calm Nerves and Promote Sleep:
4 drops lavender
Add 4 drops lavender to a teaspoon of milk or cream. Pour into a warm bath, stir bathwater and soak.
or
Add 4 drops lavender to 4 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Place in a diffuser and diffuse into your room.

Sleep-well:
3 drop lavender
1 drop clary sage
Mix 3 drops lavender and 1 drop clary sage with a teaspoon of milk or cream. Add to a warm bath & soak.

Stress-Soothing Massage Oil:
2 drops lavender
1 drop ylang ylang
2 drops petitgrain
Add 2 drops lavender, 1 drop ylang ylang and 2 drops petitgrain to 5 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Stir gently to mix and massage into body.

Uplifting Aromatherapy Recipes:
Uplifting Personal Blend for Daytime Use:
2 drops Geranium
2 drops Rosewood
2 drops Bergamot
Add 2 drops geranium, 2 drops rosewood and 2 drops bergamot to 6 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Wear as a fragrance, use for a gentle massage or inhale directly from the bottle.

Uplifting Personal Blend for Nighttime Use:
2 drops Rosewood
2 drops Bergamot
2 drops Ylang Ylang
Add 1 drop rosewood, 2 drops bergamot and 2 drops ylang ylang to 6 teaspoons of our massage oil base (or any plain base/carrier oil). Wear as a fragrance, use as a massage blend or inhale directly from the bottle.

Apologies, for some reason I was not getting notifications so did not know of your reply, thank you so much for all this information. much appreciated.

Back