Anyone into Tattoos,Piercings & Body Modification?

I really want more tattoos, but at the same time I don't want to be covered o_O

I'm super fussy about what I get done aswell, they have to mean something important to me before I'd get them done.

I'm stumped trying to find something for 'travel' - I'm liking compasses, swallows, pirate ships and anchors ... just can't find something alltogether :(

I agree missjelly, I think tattoos need to mean something, oh you could get one like the vintage sailor/nautical theme with the anchors and swallows!!
I've narrowed my 'tattoos to get list' down to:
3 small stars - 2 red with black outline & 1 black with red outline on side of right hand (symbolise my 3 kids - 2 girls & a boy)
MJB and XX.IX.MMIII on my left wrist - small (my husbands initials & wedding date in roman numerals)
3 scribbled hearts on my right foot with kids initials in CP, ER & KN - possibly just outline possibly filled in red?!?!?
And a tiny butterfly on the back of my neck - black outline with pinks & purples shading (symbolises quiet as my youngest is profoundly deaf an unable to speak)
I also have 1 planned when I get to goal weight but that's a while off yet lol x :) x

I've got my work head on lol the hearts with initials would have to be a decent size to put initials in, like cover-your-foot size! Sticking initials in things can also look messy ad clustered, keep in mind that when ever anyone looks at your foot, they're eyes are always gonna be at least 5-6 feet away, better keeping it bigger/simpler. That's just my opinion!
Tattoos don't always have to mean anything, some of the nicest Tattoos I've done were don't just because they looked cool or pretty. It's all down to personal preference, I've got some ridiculous ones, but they make me smile :)

My left calf is a huge piece with Charles Darwin's head, on the body of a monkey, wearing a popes hat with a dodo hitching a ride on his back :) (I'm somewhat of an atheist/darwinian/evolutionist!)

As for you miss jelly, that's what the artist is for! Dont worry about finding the exact design. Just do research into who does good custom work near you, take them some reference of the sort of thing you like an they'll knock you a design up. The better artists out there wouldn't duplicate a tattoo design, it's seen as a bit disrespectful, but the more reference the easier it is for the artist to give you something you'll love :)

Mine all mean something to me but to others may just look like 'pictures'. I wouldn't ever have a name done unless I had kids. It's very much personal choice and what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. My tattooist designed 4 of mine for me and I trust her opinion. I think it's important to use someone you trust or have been recommended

Hiya pippa1703, that is a good point I may have to rethink the hearts - any suggestions?? :) x :)

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of putting initials in things, but that's just my prerogative, you can have the hearts, maybe different sizes, ie bigger one for eldest child, maybe have each them coloured in the corresponding kids favourite colour? There are lots of little ways to make them subtly personal without literally naming them. Food for thought eh :)

I spoke to mac at punctured piercing, he does eat pointing too. Either google him, cuz he does guest spots all over, or maybe contact Hollier Than Thou in Manchester, I think they do ear pointing there x

They do look good when they heal, look a bit gross before hand though, like anything though, my Tongue split looked like a babybell before it healed!
I'd recommend mac though, he was great with me. My Tongue split Video is on YouTube actually :) just search 'Pippa Tongue split' I'm so hardcore! Lol

I spoke to mac at punctured piercing, he does eat pointing too. Either google him, cuz he does guest spots all over, or maybe contact Hollier Than Thou in Manchester, I think they do ear pointing there x

HTT is awesome.
i go there and the staff are lovely

yes they do tongue splitting and ear pointing ect....

I have 5/6 tattoos one i covered over with another lol and hubby has several too we are fairly lucky as our friend is tattooist and my hubby is a painter and decorator so my hubby does his decorating and we get a tattoo lol works for us

Mine

tattoos002.jpg

tattoos003.jpg

tattoos004.jpg

tattoos005.jpg

tattoos006.jpg

Hubbys

tattoos007.jpg

tattoos009.jpg

tattoos010.jpg

tattoos011.jpg

tattoos012.jpg

Wow, your hubby has a bit of a zoo going on there! They are fab, as are yours, thanks for sharing :)
I'll have to get my hubby to take some pics of mine, they are both on my back! ;)

My OH has a few percings lol

His nipples
Belly button
Prince Albert
Ears stretched
Lip
The bit between his nostrils
And the bit between his eyes

He also got 2 tattoos :)

I'm a wus and just got ears periced and my babies names on my wrist :)

Back