Anyone know anything about bikes?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by LondonIrishOllie, 3 March 2009 Social URL.

1. LondonIrishOllie

LondonIrishOllie Pensively Posting

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(38.64%)
    Diet:
    Finished LT Easter 09
    Hi All,

I want to buy a bike for commuting to work.. Believe Marin, Specialized or Trek are the best. Which one should I get. Think about £450 to spend on.

Anyone know?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pcmonkey

pcmonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.13%)
    I love my bike its a GT 2.0 for the money its great you could pick them up for about £350 when I got mean 6 months ago but I heard that the price on all bikes would be increasing alot due to metal prices going up.

4. LondonIrishOllie

LondonIrishOllie Pensively Posting

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(38.64%)
    Diet:
    Finished LT Easter 09
    Hey,

Yea they were telling me that alright. I'm not so sure.. I know the bike shops that Im going to dont do GT. Just those 3 they recommend..

cheers

5. pcmonkey

pcmonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.13%)
    Well most bike shop only sell like x y z make of bike because its all to do with where or who they souce them from. Depending on the retailer or shop depends on what they will also suggest so its a bit of a mine field because you dont know if they are suggest said bike because of the level of profit. You cant go wrong with a Specialized though normally nice bikes. Google MBR there forum will be able to suggest the best bike for the price I'm sure.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.