Anyone know details about BMI's?

angie-bum

Gold Member
I was just wondering as mine is decreasing rapidly...what is considered obese, what no. BMI just means overweight, what do I have to be to be healthy?:confused:

Hi there

Under 20 - underweight (some places say under 18)
20-25 - Healthy
25-30 Overweight
30-40 Obese
40+ Morbidly obese

So you're nearly into the overweight category already - well done! It does feel great - dropping down a category!

Carol x

Fab! soon I will just be over weight! hahaha.

I would have to argue with the BMI about my healthy weight, it says I am overweight when 12 stone and I am just nicely covered (I have a really big frame) when if I go much below 11.7 I am all bone

thanks guys for letting me know, just to be overweight and not obese will be stunning

bmi is calculated with medium frame.. so i think it can differ 10% depending on frame size.. or so i've read lol :)

Hi - there is a fantastic spreadsheet which you can download - its a stick in the main cambridge forum here called "graph or spreadsheet" If you read through the thread you will find it then you can record your weight each week, it works out what you have lost, % of what you need to loose and most importantly your BMI - it also categorises obese into Stage 1 and 2 obese etc etc. I find it really helpful and its great to see your BMI move.

Good luck!

Back