Anyone know stuff about Disneyworld?

Kitteh

Resident geek
well this is just a quick question to see what those people who have been to disney world have thought.. did you stay in the resort? did you find travelling around easy? how expensive was it when you were there..
Have any of you gone as a couple.. IE.. with no children.. etc etc..

x x x

Cat - went quite a few years ago - stayed in a villa, hired a car, found food really cheap - went with ex and 3 kids ......

We're going this Xmas and New Year - me, KP, my 3kids (22/20/17) KP's daughter (11), my sister and her 3 (22/18/15). We're all staying in a villa and hiring a car.

fantastic.. i guess for me.. with no kids.. its like a once in a lifetime thing.. and its gonna be a present to me when im thin.. you know.. so i was thinking maybe next november.. which gives me well over a year to get to goal.. etc.. i was also considering staying in the resort.. but i could be easily swayed.. what was it like driving there?

x x

I never minded driving - but my sis won't drive abroad.

Best person to ask would be Mike (Icemoose) as I believe he goes every year.

Disneyworld is my favourite hobby!

Mail me --> [email protected] and can answer any of your questions.

Mike

Me too Mike.

I've been a few times and have done International drive, Disney resort hotels and a condo in Davenport. We go again in November for three weeks!! YIPPEEE. I am staying at the Bahama Bay Resort...just google it. Its about 15min drive from the Disney hotels (about 25 mins from seaworld and I drive). I love it here because you have a number of pools, even a man made beach on lake davenport. It lovely to retreat there after a hectic day at the parks...or sometimes we'd spend the morning on the 'beach' then the afternoon/evening at the parks. It wasn't so tiring that way. This time we have even booked a four night Carnival cruise to the Bahamas.....I'm soooooooo excited. You'll love it.

We went last year and stayed in villa recommended by mike, it was fab and we now dont want to go anywhere else!!!

The florida one.. =)..

been having a talk with victoria about it too. i would really like to go when i get to goal..
ideally i want to be able to go for 2 weeks.. i would really like to stay within the disney resort.. im such a disney freak.. i love everything about disney.. lol.. but i want to go to universal and other places like that too.. gonna aim to go november time.. cos i looked on the offical website and thats when offpeak is.. therefore cheapest.. although i know it may not be a cheap holiday.. lol.. not this november but next.. lol.
x x

If you're going to Universal I would recommend staying in one of their resort hotels for a night or two. We stayed at the Hard Rock and it was fantastic - walking distance to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, unlike the Disney hotels which are all a bus/boat/monorail ride away from the parks.

The best thing about staying in a Universal hotel is you will get a front of line pass which gives you unlimited access to the front of the queue for the rides. If you only stay one night in the hotel you get the pass for the day you arrive and the day you depart.

You can join the Lowes First club (a free customer loyalty thing) you get a treat in your room when you arrive - we had a bottle of wine and some nuts - and a free room upgrade if there's one available. You can sign up online - just google Lowes First.

Back