Anyone know when the Next sale starts?

wannabeminime

Gold Member
I've googled it, but cant seem to find the date. It's usually the day after Boxing day, isnt it??

Thanks!

Hi Bex, I can't find out anywhere either, but like you, I think its usually the day after boxing day. Get manic online though and its hard to get into the site.

Hi Cheryl!

I hadnt thought to find the sale website, so much easier than pushing and shoving at 5am, or what ever ungodly hour the sale starts!

Anyone got the link?

For the summer sale they sent out special preview dates to Next Directory subscribers, allowing us to book a day and time to place our order up to a week before the sale started! This meant I got loads of bargains before stuff sold out. Not sure they will do this for the winter one, but if I get offered a preview date and time again, I'll post it on here and you can use my code to log in.

Alternatively, there is usually a thread on Moneysavingexpert.com where others post their preview codes.

Well, for all of you gagging for the sale, if you go to http://www.next.co.uk/sale/ there are some sale items on there, mostly from Autumn/Winter 07 catalogue and all less than half price!

I've just ordered £98 worth of stuff for £36! I LOVE shopping.

Don't forget to use my free delivery code F0809 and save another £3.75

The VIP invites haven't been sent out yet, but I'll let you know when I've booked my slot.

I hope you can find some bargains
A
x

Thanks Amber, could you also let us know how to "book a slot"? I would like to get some bargains for the grandchildren. xxx

Cheryl

As far as I know you are invited to book a slot if you have an account with them, but having an account doesn't guarantee an invitation. There is a post on MSE where a lady wrote to them asking for an invitation and was basically told that it was hit and miss whether you get one! (see below)

"Dear Ms XXXXXX,

Thank you for your email regarding the Internet VIP
sale.

I am sorry you did not receive an invitation to place a VIP sale order on the Internet.

I can confirm that customers were selected at random to place their order. I am sorry you were not selected this season.

Customers can register their interest in being invited to the Internet sale by logging onto next.co.uk, then selecting "my account". This will display a page showing your registered email address and a selection of 4 email preferences.

To ensure you are considered for selection for future Internet sales, you will need to place a tick in the box of "send me emails of offers and promotions" and "confirm my orders by email".

Although I cannot guarantee you will automatically be selected for our next VIP Internet sale, this will however update our records to show that you wish to be invited for any future Internet events.

Once again, I am sorry for any disappointment this may have caused.

Regards"

Update

If you want a sneak preview of the things going into the sale, you can have a look here.

Next Directory - SALE : Search Results for *

If you want to use Quickshop, write down the first 6 digits of the code for the items you want and apparently you should be able to just change the last 3 digits when the sale code is released, which I'll post as soon as I find out.

I don't know whether this is a foolproof method, but it has to be worth a try.

I don't think they'll release the VIP invitations until the free delivery offer ends, which is Friday, so in theory slots can be booked from Saturday morning.

Thanks for that hun, have noted the numbers and the things I want, just waiting on the final three digit code xx Luvs ya and thanks again

Back